Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Statesman: Jason Campbell "rumor" tidbit

bubba9497

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/02/23/breakfast_with_12.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat

click link for entire article

There are rumors that the St. Louis Rams are interested in getting Jason Campbell from the Washington Redskins. The thought of Sam Bradford ending up a ‘Skin is looking more and more likely.

Bevo Beat looks like Bevo Bull****. (My apologies for circumventing the filter, I'm just a huge fan of alliteration.)

They included this 'tidbit' as some sort of Big 12 inside-hype that has no credibility attached to it what-so-ever. I haven't even seen the words 'inside-source' surrounding these claims once... so why do people think it's true?

It's fun to speculate... but until I hear it from Shefter, Florio, or God himself- I'd rather not chase the shiny bait. This all about random internet nerds trying to connect the dots- and people actually believing what they read.

I'm just wondering if the Redskins would stick by their 1st & 3rd tender for him if all of this is true, or if they'd accept a little less once it game time to negotiate.

I highly doubt it. The Redskins HAVE to understand that no team in the NFL would give up a 1st+3rd for a 28 year old QB with a 19-35 career record. I think they tendered him so high for two reasons. (And they only make sense when you put them together.)

1.) The Redskins know that no one in the NFL actually wants JC. (1st Round+3rd Round picks are way cooler than aging QBs who lose a lot.)

2.) JC has been **** on by or our organization since his first snap as a starter, and the 1st+3rd tender was a way for the new regime to say "Hey man, we are sorry for all the crap we've put you through in the past... we actually really appreciate your services."

Even though they don't. The Skins would let JC loose for a 2nd/6th in a heartbeat (probably less). But we need to save our asses here.... Colt Brennan has about as good of a chance at getting to the playoffs as Freddy Prinze Jr does at winning an Oscar. Todd Collins was spotted at Sherm Lewis' All-Star Bingo Event last week.

JC is like a high-school girlfriend... you keep her happy until something sexier comes along, <edited by staff to comply with forum rules on vulgar content>

Bevo Beat looks like Bevo Bull****. (My apologies for circumventing the filter, I'm just a huge fan of alliteration.)

This all about random internet nerds trying to connect the dots- and people actually believing what they read.

ExtremeSkins word of the day.....

•"Alliteration, or front rhyme, has been traditionally more acceptable in prose than end-rhyme but both do the same thing--capitalize on chance. . . . This powerful glue can connect elements without logical relationship."

(Richard Lanham, Analyzing Prose, Continuum, 2003)

I knew this thread would be good for something. ;)

Interesting but the Rams GM say no talk has occurred. Maybe he doesn't consider it a monster trade! :ols:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81684fb6&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Devaney: Rams not discussing blockbuster draft trade with Bucs

NFL.com Wire Reports

St. Louis Rams general manager Billy Devaney denied Internet reports that the team was discussing a trade to send the No. 1 overall draft pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for first- and third-round selections and quarterback Josh Johnson.

"I am being completely honest when I say I have not talked to anyone in Tampa Bay," Devaney said Monday during a chat with fans on the Rams' official Web site. "I'm not saying that won't happen at some point but to date there is absolutely nothing going on."

click on the link to read the entire article

I highly doubt it. The Redskins HAVE to understand that no team in the NFL would give up a 1st+3rd for a 28 year old QB with a 19-35 career record. I think they tendered him so high for two reasons. (And they only make sense when you put them together.)

1.) The Redskins know that no one in the NFL actually wants JC. (1st Round+3rd Round picks are way cooler than aging QBs who lose a lot.)

2.) JC has been **** on by or our organization since his first snap as a starter, and the 1st+3rd tender was a way for the new regime to say "Hey man, we are sorry for all the crap we've put you through in the past... we actually really appreciate your services."

Even though they don't. The Skins would let JC loose for a 2nd/6th in a heartbeat (probably less). But we need to save our asses here.... Colt Brennan has about as good of a chance at getting to the playoffs as Freddy Prinze Jr does at winning an Oscar. Todd Collins was spotted at Sherm Lewis' All-Star Bingo Event last week.

JC is like a high-school girlfriend... you keep her happy until something sexier comes along <edited by staff to comply with forum rules on vulgar content>.

:ols: Very Funny!

Sometimes you end up marrying your high school sweat heart especially if she shows her worth. We'll definitely see this year if JC is worth keeping around cause the Redskins are going off to scout the college prospects. So the same rules apply.. dont dump your high school dime unless you've already secured a college one. And just hope your college girl hasn't been with every dude on campus...lol

JC is like a high-school girlfriend... you keep her happy until something sexier comes along, <edited by staff to comply with forum rules on vulgar content>

At that point you've just confirmed what everyone in high school thought anyway. You're a total jerk and the day you dumped the old girlfriend was the best day of her life.

Interesting but the Rams GM say no talk has occurred. Maybe he doesn't consider it a monster trade! :ols:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81684fb6&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Devaney: Rams not discussing blockbuster draft trade with Bucs

NFL.com Wire Reports

St. Louis Rams general manager Billy Devaney denied Internet reports that the team was discussing a trade to send the No. 1 overall draft pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for first- and third-round selections and quarterback Josh Johnson.

"I am being completely honest when I say I have not talked to anyone in Tampa Bay," Devaney said Monday during a chat with fans on the Rams' official Web site. "I'm not saying that won't happen at some point but to date there is absolutely nothing going on."

click on the link to read the entire article

What do you expect him to say?

No one reveals crap about the draft. Even those with the #1 pick...

And, as far as Campbell, I wouldn't mind getting St. Louis 2nd rnd pick for him and sign a Chad Pennington or the like...

Have we even officially tendered JC or are we all basing this 1st & 3rd tender on what John Clayton "Expects" us to do?

I haven't seen anything official, either. But am I right in thinking that the tender can be any of these deals with a salary adjustment of 110% for JC's last year.

Veterans with 5 accrued seasons:

3.268 - 1st & 3rd round compensation*

2.621 - 1st round compensation*

1.809 - 2nd round compensation*

1.226 - original round compensation*

1.226 - right of first refusal

Meh, this is a third hand rumor perpetuated by espn. Mosely basically says that he wonders what Spags would think of Campbell having reviewed tons of his tape having played against him in the beast.

Then Espn "rumors" (i.e., we like to make stuff up) the posts that the rams are interestred in him and then that gets picked up and spread etc..

Archived