Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Donte Whitner to Washington

tml6157

I'd rather explore other options at safety other than this but I really believe buffalo is one of those teams that's going to try to sign JC. Gailey likes a deep pocket passer who has a big arm and they are equipped to run that kind of offense.

I could see something where Buffalo tries to sign JC gives up a 2nd or 3rd round pick and Whitner in return as well.

Bob Slowik the D backs coach was asked by Larry Micheal on Monday's Redskins Nation about LaRon.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/index.jsp

(sounds like # 30 is defintely part of his plans this year.)

Bob Slowik also speaks on tackling....interesting take.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Slowik__Turnovers_An_Emphasis_For_Defensive_Backs_105135.jsp

"Whitner has always seemed to be lagging in pass coverage skill and has never lived up to his eighth overall draft status. I'll be frank. As much as I've picked on Whitner for not getting interceptions or ever seeing him really make an impact on the field, I'll be a little saddened if he ends up leaving"

Yeah, cause we need another one of those on the roster. A guy that's a few steps behind coverage and can't catch. I don't think we have enough of them already.........

HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY THAT LANDRY MAY BE THE ONE BEING TRADED FOR WHITNER???????? Maybe Shanahan saw enough on tape to want to go in a different direction.....just saying.

Lol. Trading one overrated safety not worthy of his draft position for another? Brilliant!

i like whitner, but i hope this isnt true. if we had both him and landry we would get beat deep every play. its sad how fast our safety play went down hill :( imagine Sean on our D last year. would have been crazy. lol sorry for bringing that up, i just cant think of safetys without thinking of him :-/

Archived