Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AOL News - Todd Palin Had Big Role in Sarah's Politics

The Evil Genius

The Palins must hate the FOIA.

http://www.aolnews.com/politics/article/todd-palin-had-big-role-in-sarahs-politics-e-mails-show/19346679

(Feb. 5) -- Newly released e-mails show that Todd Palin, Sarah Palin's husband, played an active role during her term as Alaska governor and in her campaign for vice president.

Some 1,200 e-mails released to NBC News by the state of Alaska show that Todd Palin's role in policymaking was far-reaching. According to NBC News, "The governor's husband got involved in a judicial appointment, monitored contract negotiations with public employee unions, received background checks on a corporate CEO, added his approval or disapproval to state board appointments and passed financial information marked 'confidential' from his oil company employer to a state attorney."

NBC suggests that Palin and his wife sent many of the e-mails from private addresses outside the state system to try to put the information beyond the reach of public records laws.

MORE AFTER LINK

I'm no Palin fan, but I don't see why this would cause them to "hate the FOIA."

I know tons of people who consult their spouses when making important business decisions. It's not as though Hillary Clinton was completely uninvolved during her husband's presidency.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see this as a big deal.

You would have no problem with Michelle Obama making national defense decisions?

I think it's naive to assume that spouses don't factor in to government when one or the other is in office.

I dont want it to go too far, but one of the reasons you marry your spouse is you value their intelligence and opinions, right?

It's bound to happen to some extent.

~Bang

I think it's naive to assume that spouses don't factor in to government when one or the other is in office.

I dont want it to go too far, but one of the reasons you marry your spouse is you value their intelligence and opinions, right?

It's bound to happen to some extent.

~Bang

Yep. Nothing to see here, as far as I can tell.

Agree with the consensus here. Some of our greatest Presidents have had positive influences from their spouses. Eleanor Roosevelt forced Franklin to walk through poor neighborhoods and assist her with her charitable efforts. This exposed FDR to realities he had never seen from his high society upbringing, and it effected his policies in a very positive way.

I think the real problem here is that Sarah is caught in yet another bold faced lie. She vehemently claimed Todd had no influence in the case where her administration and Todd Palin pressured Alaskan law enforcement agencies to fire the Cop who was her sister's enemy, but everyone knew that was personal.

Agree with the consensus here. Some of our greatest Presidents have had positive influences from their spouses. Eleanor Roosevelt forced Franklin to walk through poor neighborhoods and assist her with her charitable efforts. .

Not to mention that forcing him to walk anywhere had to look pretty funny.

Ok, ok,, sorry.

~Dang

Archived