Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peyton Manning and Big Moments Do Not Mix

Ghost of

AGAIN. From college onwards, he's been known far more for making the big error, the stupid mistake, or simply not even showing up than for winning games at the last minute (not counting regular season games.)

GOAT, my ass. You sports fans are way too quick to jump on a bandwagon of declaring someone the best ever. But most of the best ever don't throw the pick six that seals the game.

Big games and Manning aren't a couple. Get used to it, it's the way it's always been. If the Jets hadn't surprised the Chargers, he wouldn't have even been in the SB to begin with. :ols:

Manning is destined to come up short to alums of a team that's not even a rival of Tennessee's.

No Heisman. DENIED due to Peyton's inability to deliver in a big game vs. Florida (as much as it was due to Woodson's huge plays on a national title team.)

One lame SB against a terribly weak squad, mostly due to Reche Caldwell's drops two weeks prior.

Brady, three rings while Manning is still hoping to deliver a clutch performance when it matters most. Meanwhile Brady has, what, THREE game-winning/sealing drives in three SBs? And it was his D that gave up the TD to the Giants in 2007.

Manning has made his name off of big regular seasons but still doesn't get held to the fire for his annual postseason collapses when it counts. I guess he's progressing, now he's making the big error in the SB rather than a divisional game vs. an inferior opponent.

So the Super Bowl vs the Bears wasn't a big game?

He was "clutch" in that game? He was playing against an offensively challenged team. Other than Hester, the Bears were not even really a threat that game. It was like Denver vs. Atlanta (but even worse, Atlanta actually had some talent on their offense.)

Look, I LIKE Manning. I just think it's hilarious how a lot of you cats jumped right back on the bandwagon. He's a choker as much as McNabb is, it's just that he's a better player than McNabb is, so it's less evident.

He comes up small when it matters most. It's his destiny, it seems, though with his progression to bigger stages to come up short on, perhaps it means he will steal another SB.

Maybe Polian needs to pressure the rules committee to allow any Colts receiver to catch the ball and run for five yards before being tackled for next year. That worked last time to get them their SB in 2006 :)

He was "clutch" in that game? He was playing against an offensively challenged team. Other than Hester, the Bears were not even really a threat that game. It was like Denver vs. Atlanta (but even worse, Atlanta actually had some talent on their offense.)

Look, I LIKE Manning. I just think it's hilarious how a lot of you cats jumped right back on the bandwagon. He's a choker as much as McNabb is, it's just that he's a better player than McNabb is, so it's less evident.

He comes up small when it matters most. It's his destiny, it seems, though with his progression to bigger stages to come up short on, perhaps it means he will steal another SB.

Maybe Polian needs to pressure the rules committee to allow any Colts receiver to catch the ball and run for five yards before being tackled for next year. That worked last time to get them their SB in 2006 :)

Wow you a fellow Crimson Tide fan? Alot of hate for a guy who just lost the Super Bowl. :evilg: Also their is one GOAT. He has a whole state named after him.:silly:

I had him on my fantasy team that year. He really was on fire for most of the season. Believe it or not Chump teams don't make it all the way to the Super Bowl. Just Chump Players aparently.:silly:

He's an interception machine. The 2 in the super bowl definitely didn't help. I didn't even check to see if he fumbled.

Just checked it. Twice!

Wow you a fellow Crimson Tide fan? Alot of hate for a guy who just lost the Super Bowl. :evilg: Also their is one GOAT. He has a whole state named after him.:silly:

I'm a Michigan fan. I really don't like my experience with Tennessee and SEC fans when arguing about the Heisman back in 97, a lot of very savage and/or racist stuff and just general bull**** that surprised me. I could have let it go but since Brady came up huge (not unexpected from me, but whatever) it makes it even easier to point out his failings.

And yes, the GOAT is not a Manning. I think Manning is a great QB, super-smart player, likable personality, hell yeah. But I can't stand his fans or the bandwagoners and humpers who are on his jock now.

Brees just won a SB, made the bigger plays and has been a great QB for over half a decade. Why is he not considered equal? I'd argue that when he's gotten to the playoffs, he's been a better player, also.

I'm a Michigan fan. I really don't like my experience with Tennessee and SEC fans when arguing about the Heisman back in 97, a lot of very savage and/or racist stuff and just general bull**** that surprised me. I could have let it go but since Brady came up huge (not unexpected from me, but whatever) it makes it even easier to point out his failings.

And yes, the GOAT is not a Manning. I think Manning is a great QB, super-smart player, likable personality, hell yeah. But I can't stand his fans or the bandwagoners and humpers who are on his jock now.

Brees just won a SB, made the bigger plays and has been a great QB for over half a decade. Why is he not considered equal? I'd argue that when he's gotten to the playoffs, he's been a better player, also.

I totally agree, It's just how it is. Bandwagon fans will never go away. Next year Brees will be the GOAT, it's all about what have you done for me lately. :evilg:

I'd still take Peyton Manning over any other quarterback in the game today. And I could count on one hand without using the thumb all the quarterbacks in history I'd take over him. Pick six or no.

Wouldn't you rather win though? I mean as a fan I'd rather see my team win, oh say 3 SBs, than have a qb that everyone loves.

I mean Trent Dilfer won one ring, I'd rather have a multiple winner on my team.

And no, I'm not saying that Dilfer is as good as Peyton, for those of you who are dense.

Archived