Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC NFL Network: Vick likely to Rams

PhiAlpha

If they get Vick, they sure as hell aren't drafting a QB in the first.

And maybe I am in the minority on this board, certainly not off this board, but I would start Vick over JC in half a second.

It wouldn't even be a question. Vick is 10x better.

"JC, hit the pine. We have a quarterback now."

This is something I agree with you on.

31 is nothing.

And has-been is highly questionable.

This is like the Vikings picking up a much, much older Favre.

Good news....hope it happens.

Agreed. Vick was never a pocket QB, he's in a class of his own. You can't compare him to those guys. You're better off comparing him to a WR.

He's useful when he's used.

Well, I guess neither the Rams or Bills watched the POS play football this year then, cause he is worse than he used to be.

I'm still pissed off that ******* is in the league. Goodell is full of **** and will never earn any respect from me now.

I would love this, so ESers would stop bringing his name up around here.

Hardly.

He's more like a "never was". Great athlete. Crappy QB. I doubt the Rams make a move for him, they need a "real" QB.

He was a great QB when he was allowed to do what he does best.

Would you take Peyton Manning and have him run the Triple Option? Probably not because you're not retarded. He's an immobile, but amazingly accurate QB.

Conversely, would you take a phenomenally fast QB and make him sit back and pass? No. Vick has amazing arm strength. Make the defense respect his legs, and he'll make you pay.

Imagine if Vick was played to his strengths. The entire defense would be worried about him all the time. Think of what kind of opportunities that sets up for his receivers. Most WRs have to beat DBs entirely focused on him. His WRs wouldn't even be the biggest threat on their team.

Well, I guess neither the Rams or Bills watched the POS play football this year then, cause he is worse than he used to be.

I'm still pissed off that ******* is in the league. Goodell is full of **** and will never earn any respect from me now.

Did you watch any football this year? How is a player supposed to make plays when he gets 2 chances a game?

That's like getting mad at a RB for not cracking 1000 yard when you give him 5 carries a game.

Let it go already. He did his time. He paid his dues. Michael Vick is, easily, the best QB at what he does ever. There is no doubt.

So what do you expect when someone goes to prison? that their lives are completely ruined? Prison is a punishment and he served his punishment. This is exactly the problem with the penal system and the culture in our country that we give second chances to coke head celebrities and those who beat their wives but we don't give them to people who do the same exact thing.... but actually WENT to prison for it.

btw,

Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick, Vick

And maybe I am in the minority on this board, certainly not off this board, but I would start Vick over JC in half a second.

It wouldn't even be a question. Vick is 10x better.

"JC, hit the pine. We have a quarterback now."

You have got to be kidding me. Vick has never in his career been a good quarterback. He has been a good runner and people seemed to harbor a huge mancrush for him (before the dogfighting thing) simply because he had some ridiculous speed in the open field. Jason Campbell clearly isn't very good either but I would consider him to be the better passer by a wide margin over Vick.

If this is true at all then all it can do is benefit us. If Shanny and Allen truly see a future franchise QB in Bradford or Clausen they will likely be able to grab them. If they don't think either guy is worth a #4 pick they might have the ammo to fleece someone for picks depending on who falls.

I think that is a really good move for them.

This season is lost anyway right, why not bring in Vick, create some excitement, get Nellie to wear a Rams #7 in one of his videos, BOOM! Rams in the wildcard.

Look at that division;

Arizona with Leinart.

Seattle with Pete Carroll.

San Francisco with pants on the ground.

Translation: Suh, Vick and Jackson = division championship.

I don't think anyone would give a 3rd or 4th for him.

I'm going to be pissed if the Eagles get any compensation for him. They are going to release him next month when he's owed $5 million for a roster spot. The only way the Eagles keep Vick is if they traded McNabb. Either the Rams or Bills should just stay put and wait for him to be released next month.

I think that is a really good move for them.

This season is lost anyway right, why not bring in Vick, create some excitement, get Nellie to wear a Rams #7 in one of his videos, BOOM! Rams in the wildcard.

Look at that division;

Arizona with Leinart.

Seattle with Pete Carroll.

San Francisco with pants on the ground.

Translation: Suh, Vick and Jackson = division championship.

Which one is it? Are the Rams in the wildcard or are they division champions of the NFC West? Either way you couldn't be more wrong.

Even with Vick, the Rams are horrible team that still needs a real QB, receivers, an o-line and a defense to make them into a contender even in the weak West.

I agree that Arizona and Seattle will struggle next season, but the Rams will struggle just as bad, if not worse, than both of those teams. The 49ers win that division going away next season.

I believe the 49ers will go at least 11-5, if not better, and have a shot to make the NFC Championship game. They are headed in the right direction, have a great RB in Gore, great TE in Davis, and Crabtree will be a great asset for them to spread for years to come. The 49ers are my sleeper team (if I can even call them a sleeper) and will surprise a lot of people with how well they do next season.

];7279322']He was a great QB when he was allowed to do what he does best.

Unfortunately' date=' what he does best has little to do with being a QB.

Imagine if Vick was played to his strengths. The entire defense would be worried about him all the time. Think of what kind of opportunities that sets up for his receivers. Most WRs have to beat DBs entirely focused on him. His WRs wouldn't even be the biggest threat on their team.

Those who were able to defense him well were those who kept him from running and made him beat them with his arm. Now, if he could sit in the pocket and tear you apart, he'd really be dangerous. Unfortunately, that has never been his game.

Which one is it? Are the Rams in the wildcard or are they division champions of the NFC West? Either way you couldn't be more wrong.

Both bushwack! Both!

NFC West champ playing in the Wildcard game.

Probably right but the Niners have been a lock to "run away" with that division for years now and they never do. If Vick goes to the Rams then they have the worst QB situation of the four.

Archived