Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Speculation and Rumors

hitmandm

Which THREE Categories Should Be Used In The Babe Draft?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Which THREE Categories Should Be Used In The Babe Draft?

Good thread.

If we draft Bradford or Clausen, JC is expendable. Assuming it's an uncapped year, we should trade Campbell to a team like Arizona for its late 3rd round pick. The Cards will need someone when Leinart struggles. We might even be able to trade with Buffalo for its early 3rd rounder. In either case, we'll need a veteran for ourself. Why not get Rex Grossman? He won't be expensive; he knows K. Shanahan's system from this past year in Houston, and he is just as likely to have as good year as JC might. Obviously, Grossman could be horrid, so we put in the rookie. Our draft might go as follows:

1st: Sam Bradford

2nd: Jahvid Best (no value at OT at this spot)

3rd: Jason Fox (LT)

4th: Ciron Black (RT)

5th: Mitch Petrus (G)

7th: BPA

I....hope....your....refering to Campbell?

Yes, Campbell is a restricted free agent. As such, he is the best potential free agent on the market this year (clearly better than Orton and Tarvaris Jackson). Therefore, why would we want to go out and acquire a guy when we can just keep Campbell by tendering him (which is really inexpensive).

Now, if we're working under the assumption that we are trading Campbell and drafting a QB at 4, I still don't think we bring in a vet free agent because we have Collins and Brennan who are OK backups.

Yes, Campbell is a restricted free agent. As such, he is the best potential free agent on the market this year (clearly better than Orton and Tarvaris Jackson). Therefore, why would we want to go out and acquire a guy when we can just keep Campbell by tendering him (which is really inexpensive).

Now, if we're working under the assumption that we are trading Campbell and drafting a QB at 4, I still don't think we bring in a vet free agent because we have Collins and Brennan who are OK backups.

What kind of trade value do you think JC would have?

The reason I bring up Grossman is his knowledge of K. Shanahan's offense, being that he now plays for Houston. Also, Grossman has been a starter in the NFL. Possibly, he's matured since leavning Chicago. He might be one of those suprises. And, yes, he could be miserable. Collins is a good backup for a team that is making a run. He can manage the game. Grossman might be worth a shot as a starter (a la Kerry Collins)...which makes him a better candidate for a team that's rebuilding, such as ours. I'm for keeping Brennan at this point.

What kind of trade value do you think JC would have?

The reason I bring up Grossman is his knowledge of K. Shanahan's offense, being that he now plays for Houston. Also, Grossman has been a starter in the NFL. Possibly, he's matured since leavning Chicago. He might be one of those suprises. And, yes, he could be miserable. Collins is a good backup for a team that is making a run. He can manage the game. Grossman might be worth a shot as a starter (a la Kerry Collins)...which makes him a better candidate for a team that's rebuilding, such as ours. I'm for keeping Brennan at this point.

I think a team like Buffalo or Oakland would be good trade partners and might be willing to move a 3rd (most likely) or a 2nd (probably not). Other less likely scenarios could be Denver (if they are not sold on Orton) or San Francisco (if they are not sold on Alex Smith).

Good thread.

If we draft Bradford or Clausen, JC is expendable. Assuming it's an uncapped year, we should trade Campbell to a team like Arizona for its late 3rd round pick. The Cards will need someone when Leinart struggles. We might even be able to trade with Buffalo for its early 3rd rounder. In either case, we'll need a veteran for ourself. Why not get Rex Grossman? He won't be expensive; he knows K. Shanahan's system from this past year in Houston, and he is just as likely to have as good year as JC might. Obviously, Grossman could be horrid, so we put in the rookie. Our draft might go as follows:

1st: Sam Bradford

2nd: Jahvid Best (no value at OT at this spot)

3rd: Jason Fox (LT)

4th: Ciron Black (RT)

5th: Mitch Petrus (G)

7th: BPA

I dont want to trade Campbell. I dont think he will lead us anywhere, which for another year is good. Get high draft picks in 2011 too. But Bradford needs to be groomed for at least half a year while the OL gets back together.

I like your draft logically. Although I would rather trade down than take Best at high 2. I would rather get the C/G Pouncey there over Best. I would rather trade our 2 for a first next year than take Best there.

I think a team like Buffalo or Oakland would be good trade partners and might be willing to move a 3rd (most likely) or a 2nd (probably not). Other less likely scenarios could be Denver (if they are not sold on Orton) or San Francisco (if they are not sold on Alex Smith).

From what I remember Denver didn't want JC in the Jay Cutler deal so I don't know why they would want him now. San Fran would be a nice fit because they would prefer a run heavy offense which JC excells in, but they like what they saw in Alex Smith last season and seem content with moving forward with him as starter.

Here is a good question: If we go QB

Why does people assume Shanahan will go Bradford over Clausen.

Personally I think he would prefer Clausen. Clausen is more mobile. He can throw on the run which is something Cutler and Plummer did alot of in Denver.

I think Clausen has really good accuracy on the run also. Bradford on the otherhand,his accuracy decreases alot when he throws on the run.

This is just what I've noticed. I think Clausen is a better fit. I also think he can be a franchise QB

I dont want to trade Campbell. I dont think he will lead us anywhere, which for another year is good. Get high draft picks in 2011 too. But Bradford needs to be groomed for at least half a year while the OL gets back together.

I like your draft logically. Although I would rather trade down than take Best at high 2. I would rather get the C/G Pouncey there over Best. I would rather trade our 2 for a first next year than take Best there.

I understand your point about Campbell. Still, this may be our best or last opportunity to get anything for him in a trade. That's why I'm hoping we can move him to Buffalo or Arizona (which seem like the most likely destinations to me). As for Pouncey over Best, I could go with that. Then our draft, including the 3rd rounder for Campbell, could go:

1. Bradford

2. Pouncey

3. Fox

4. M. Hardesty

5. Ulatosky

BPA

BPA

Maybe the FO doesn't think the same as you? Maybe JC isn't the best FA QB available as some of the campbell supporters keep spewing. We will see, I can't wait for the draft!

we're not the ones "spewing" it. Every single news source has said that it's weak crop of QB's without a CBA and Campbell's at the head of the class.

Personally I think he would prefer Clausen. Clausen is more mobile. He can throw on the run which is something Cutler and Plummer did alot of in Denver.

I think Clausen has really good accuracy on the run also. Bradford on the otherhand,his accuracy decreases alot when he throws on the run.

This is just what I've noticed. I think Clausen is a better fit. I also think he can be a franchise QB

I think Dan LeFevour is a guy I could see Shanahan liking. Mobile. And can throw.

Why do so many people feel that Braford is the guy at QB? Seriously, if we have the choice between Clausen and Bradford and we select Bradford, I will be genuinely furious. The guy simply isn't that good. And I can guarantee you that he doesn't possess the QB skills of Clausen. And to boot, Bradford is a pansy. This guy shouldnt even be considered over Clausen.

That's an opinion.

Yeah....I think most people would agree with that opinion. Like as in most draft experts, sports analysts, and NFL scouts from everything that I've ever read. The biggest question mark is the injury and from what we're hearing, that's progressing well.

Yeah....I think most people would agree with that opinion. Like as in most draft experts, sports analysts, and NFL scouts from everything that I've ever read. The biggest question mark is the injury and from what we're hearing, that's progressing well.

The biggest question mark is that he has never been asked to read a college defense in his career at OU. They ran a mock no huddle to see what the opposing defense would line up in and then the coaching staff would signal in the play.

It is looking that unless we think Bradford is not a franchise QB, we will take him in Rd1, 4th overall. The rumors are that the Rams are going to try and get a QB like Vick, which makes me think they'll go Suh for sure. We will possibly have our pick of QB in Rd 1. Now I think getting a franchise QB is the most important thing any team can do, but I also think getting a top quality LT is the next single important thing a team can do.

But, when I look at our 2nd round pick, I just dont see a likely situation that any Tackle or Guard will be worthy of our pick. Maybe Pouncey the Center is, but we need LTs first, not Centers.

Here is some draft speculation that merits discussion.

Scenario 1: Trade Fred Davis. 2 TE sets are great but not when you are missing both OTs on your offensive line. One team that needs a pass-catching TE is the Patriots. We trade Davis, who values at a high second round pick- and include maybe a second round pick next year, and we will be able to move up to pick 22 and select OT Brown from USC. If were shrewed, perhaps we keep our 2nd this year and can get another player there as well. Pouncy a Center would be great.

Scenario 2. Trade with Jacksonville at 10 or 11. Jacksonville wants Tebow, but knows that he isnt worth that high a pick- especially after the Sr. Bowl performance. I think the Jags will be open to try and trade down into Rd2 to get him at a reasonable price. I dont know what it would cost, but package our 2nd this year and draft picks next year and trade up for a Davis or Campbell. Perhaps include Fred Davis.

If were smart, we will be able to come away with a franchise QB and a starting LT in this draft- the two most important positions in football.

That is clever scenario wit JAX.

That is clever scenario wit JAX.

Except that there is nothing other than speculation that Jax wants Tebow. I don't know why, either. Is it because of when they drafted Matt Jones to early? Got me.

Also, they could take him in the second or maybe even later, so why would they reach into the first for him, let alone trade picks to move up.

Except that there is nothing other than speculation that Jax wants Tebow. I don't know why, either. Is it because of when they drafted Matt Jones to early? Got me.

Also, they could take him in the second or maybe even later, so why would they reach into the first for him, let alone trade picks to move up.

Tebow is from right outside of Jacksonville and Gainesville is only a little over an hour away from Jacksonville. Tebow would be the hometown kid that could hopefully sell out the stadium for 2 years until he flakes out of the NFL.

The Jags don't have a 2nd and there is speculation that the Patriots would consider wasting a 2nd on Tebow which would force the Jags to either take him with their 1st or make a move to pick up a 2nd to grab him. In reality the Jags should be able to get him in the 3rd and they will sell as many tickets as they can until it becomes apparent to everyone (even the most diehard Tebow supporters) that he just isn't cut out to be a NFL QB.

Tebow is from right outside of Jacksonville and Gainesville is only a little over an hour away from Jacksonville. Tebow would be the hometown kid that could hopefully sell out the stadium for 2 years until he flakes out of the NFL.

The Jags don't have a 2nd and there is speculation that the Patriots would consider wasting a 2nd on Tebow which would force the Jags to either take him with their 1st or make a move to pick up a 2nd to grab him. In reality the Jags should be able to get him in the 3rd and they will sell as many tickets as they can until it becomes apparent to everyone (even the most diehard Tebow supporters) that he just isn't cut out to be a NFL QB.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I still don't think there is a chance of him going that high, especially with Del Rio holding onto his job by a thin string.

Has anyone heard the speculation that San Fran wants our 4th pick for Eric Berry? Berry seems like a perfect fit for Singletary's system. If they want him bad enough you think they'd be willing give up their 13th and 17th picks. If they offered a deal like that it would be a prime opportunity for us to get a athletic kind of guy (CJ Spiller) and the best LT availible. Does anyone think this is too wishful of thinking? Because I think Berry's one of those players that you can pass up if your lookingto build a defense.

Has anyone heard the speculation that San Fran wants our 4th pick for Eric Berry? Berry seems like a perfect fit for Singletary's system. If they want him bad enough you think they'd be willing give up their 13th and 17th picks. If they offered a deal like that it would be a prime opportunity for us to get a athletic kind of guy (CJ Spiller) and the best LT availible. Does anyone think this is too wishful of thinking? Because I think Berry's one of those players that you can pass up if your lookingto build a defense.

If that came true... it'd be amazing... but TWO First rounders???? I don't see it happening. A first and a second... MAYBE.

Yea incould see that. I meant to add possibly us throwing in a FA or some picks later drafts. I've just heard that through the grapevine but whether it pans put or not idk. If it were to happen though there would need to be some other incentives other than just a 4 th pick. But I've heard comparisons of Berry being the next Ed Reed, and if I were Singletary i would be licking my chops to get a complete animal for a saftey, to go along with Willis and a solid d line.

There will be quality O-Linemen in the 2nd and 4th rounds if Shanny decides to nab a QB with the first pick. Factor in the team signing a few quality free agents and the OL can start to be rebuilt immediately and be expected to perform at a higher level then last years group.

Most tackles in the second round have a high bust rate. As for performing better, well it would take several acts of God to find a group that could perform worse than our O-Line did last year

Archived