Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Speculation and Rumors

hitmandm

Which THREE Categories Should Be Used In The Babe Draft?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Which THREE Categories Should Be Used In The Babe Draft?

It depends on what the Skins do in FA...with an uncapped year some team may just decide to cut a high salary OL like Buffalo did with Dockery.....If they take Bradford at #4 trading JC to the Rams for the first pick of round 2 would be possible giving us a Qb & 2 high #2s....there doesnt appear to be a LT this year worthy of the 4th pick

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I still don't think there is a chance of him going that high, especially with Del Rio holding onto his job by a thin string.

If Del Rio sold out their stadium I'm pretty sure the owners would consider retaining him. Plus the Jags are the kind of team that like to run and play defense. I think they ideally want to draft defense in first and get Tebow in 2nd. I would be all for giving them our 2nd for their 1st next year and 3rd or 4th this year.

I am all for gaining another FIRST round pick but anyone who would trade Fred Davis is insane. This kid is more dangerous than Cooley, and has flat out turned into a dangerous weapon. If you held the draft today, Davis would likely be a late first round pick, so trading him and our 2nd round pick would be giving up way too much. Trade the Skins 2nd round pick and Cooley. I'm okay with that.

From what I remember Denver didn't want JC in the Jay Cutler deal so I don't know why they would want him now. San Fran would be a nice fit because they would prefer a run heavy offense which JC excells in, but they like what they saw in Alex Smith last season and seem content with moving forward with him as starter.

Denver wanted JC but at the last second when a deal was all but done for Cutler the Bears threw in a 1st rounder in 2010 and the Skins thought that was to much.

The biggest question mark is that he has never been asked to read a college defense in his career at OU. They ran a mock no huddle to see what the opposing defense would line up in and then the coaching staff would signal in the play.

If I had to guess, I'd say most college prospects know next to nothing about making pre-snap reads until they get to the NFL. One thing Bradford is consistently praised for is how he works through progression reads after the snap and that's not something a coach can do for him. That tells me that he's quick and understands coverages at least enough to go all of the way through his options which is more than you can say for the majority of these prospects.

That's an opinion.

You are correct and that is clearly my opinion, which others will disagree with and that ok, because its only my opinion. My experience in watching the two boils down to this: I have rarely watched Bradford make plays that made me feel that I want to see him become a Redskin. I payed particularly close attention to Clausen after my own personal assessment did in fact make me say, "I want to see this guy at Fed-Ex on Sundays." The kid is a pure bred play maker. Bradford, to me, is your every day, ho-hum QB. He doesn't excite me in the least. Clausen put world class stats with a nagging injury for the entire season. This says alot about intangibles as well as skill in my opinion.

My dream draft would be:

Rd.1 Jimmy Clausen, QB Notre Dame

Rd.2 Jason Fox, T Miami

Rd.3 forfeited for Jeremy Jarmon

Rd.4 LeGarrette Blount, RB Oregon

Rd.5 Ted Larsen, C NC State

Rd.6 traded to Miami for Jason Taylor

Rd.7 LaMarcus Coker, RB Hampton

OR

Rd.1 Russell Okung, T Oklahoma St.

Rd.2 Tim Tebow, QB Florida

I'd really like to get J.Best or J.Dwyer, but I think a combo of Blount and Coker would be a good "Smash and Slash" committee.

Tebow? Really? All we need is another TE because he surely isn't an NFL QB!

My dream draft would be:

Rd.1 Jimmy Clausen, QB Notre Dame

Rd.2 Jason Fox, T Miami

OR

Rd.1 Russell Okung, T Oklahoma St.

Rd.2 Tim Tebow, QB Florida

I'd really like to get J.Best or J.Dwyer, but I think a combo of Blount and Coker would be a good "Smash and Slash" committee.

Archived