Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

History Of ExtremeSkins

I have already backed up redskinsdb.com website to my computer in case he doesn't renew his domain and all that data is gone.

No fancy search routine needed. The site can be done in simple ASP with MS Access as the data source. It can also be done in PHP and MySql which I am not good with.

If someone can compile the data in Excel spreadsheet I can import it into a DB. I just don't have time to do both.

Are you sure you have all the data? I grabbed some data too, A through Z like a year ago, put it all in a text file, but I don't have the "years they played" which is kind of important. And I don't know how to get it, other than one player at a time.

I also don't have birth date and high school and birth place. All that stuff is listed somewhere else and I don't know how to get to it.

Are you sure you have all the data? I grabbed some data too, A through Z like a year ago, put it all in a text file, but I don't have the "years they played" which is kind of important. And I don't know how to get it, other than one player at a time.

I also don't have birth date and high school and birth place. All that stuff is listed somewhere else and I don't know how to get to it.

I just uploaded what I downloaded to my website:

http://theredskins.ghznetworks.com/skinsdb/player

Just don't press the search button as it will re-direct you to his website since the code under the search button is still pointing to redskinsdb.com (root).

If you just press the player by letter you will see that all the data did get downloaded -hopefully.

But, let me know if it is missing anything though.

Shouldn't DH or Blade already have this db? And do we know how out dated it is?

Edited by zskins

That's the same data I have, but as you can see, it's missing the years they played.

But if you actually use the site to access the db, it includes the years they played and the birth date, birth place, and HS

Here is the screen shot from my upload. I am seeing the info on the left hand side.

Edited by zskins

So you're saying when his site goes down, you can still access all that via your stand alone download?

Yes as long as you don't use the search button. :)

For the search button to work I would need to recreate the db and redo the search code.

The program I used queried the db on that website and converted it into static web pages. All that info would need to be put back into a DB. But the important part is, at least for right now, we have the data and we can rebuild. :)

Edited by zskins

Exactly. So what you're saying is, once that db goes down, the "years they played" goes down with it.

So I don't see the value of your download.

Maybe I'm missing something....

Yes. I think.... I have a page on every player that played for the Skins now with all the stats like I posted in my image earlier. (Look at the URL in that image it is sitting on my website domain).

So if the other site's db goes down it won't matter. A query has already been done on all of the players and the data has been posted to one HTML page per player that was in the DB. Static. I now have 1600 pages of data that use to be in the DB. Which I would need to put back into a DB if we really want this project to move forward.

I hope that helps. :)

That was an awesome read Mark.

It really makes appreciate what you guys, especially TK, do for this website. Maybe it's just me but it seems that TK is shouldering a lot of the load these days. He updated our smileys and he's been making improvements here and there. Real good work.

Yes. I think.... I have a page on every player that played for the Skins now with all the stats like I posted in my image earlier. (Look at the URL in that image it is sitting on my website domain).

So if the other site's db goes down it won't matter. A query has already been done on all of the players and the data has been posted to one HTML page per player that was in the DB. Static. I now have 1600 pages of data that use to be in the DB. Which I would need to put back into a DB if we really want this project to move forward.

I hope that helps. :)

1600 pages? Uh, yeah. That explains a lot. :silly:

Sweet. Getting all that into a db won't be easy, but it'll be easier than taking it out of eighty year old yellow faded game programs.

Keep in touch. ;)

It really makes appreciate what you guys, especially TK, do for this website. Maybe it's just me but it seems that TK is shouldering a lot of the load these days. He updated our smileys and he's been making improvements here and there. Real good work.

Thank-you :)

Let's just say that if I ever billed Dan, it'd force him into bankruptcy. :ols:

ya'll left me out. how come there isn't anything about the day i joined, and made this board a better place? but seriously thanks fellas. i used to visit every redskins/football/sports website multiple times every day to read all the redskins stuff i can. now all i have to do is go here and i know if there's info out there, somebody on extremeskins has posted it.

You raise a good point here, Al. As someone who uses observation to a practiced degree as a skill for almost four decades in two professions and has delved deeply into ES since my lurking days, I often note that for any well-informed and veteran viewpoint on any ES matter, there are countering viewpoints from equally well-informed and veteran sources.

Thats what makes facts, facts and opinions, opinions, eh? :D

I often find the truth is as diverse yet equally real as the images captured by and reflected from the surface of a spinning multi-facted mirrored disco-ball hanging over a large, heavily populated, and active dance floor, surrounded by flashing lights of myriad colors, located at varying vantage points, and changing with the music. Someday, to your great horror, I may explain that in even more detail. :evilg: :D

have you been drinking the douglas adams stuff again?!!!!!

Well then, this explains it.

It appears that around the same time DieHard "claims" to have come up with the idea for this place, my thoughts and ideas about the exact same things were being stolen.

At first, I couldn't feel the telepathic waves scavenging my thoughts, because it was only happening while I slept. There were times, I'd wake up before the connection was terminated, and I could tell someone had tapped into my mind. But the slippery **** covered his tracks well. He was scrambling his telepathy waves in a way that didn't allow me to back-trace them to their source.

As time went on, it got worse. Much worse. There were now multiple points of origin, from which a growing group of deviants, masters of telepathic thievery, were stealing my thoughts.

My ideas.

My dreams.

There was even one time when, apparently by the cunning use of transcendental meditation, that they transported me to the mothership, and performed, um, tests on me. I couldn't hear their telepathic conversations, and the room was very dark, so identifying anyone was impossible. The only thing I can recall is, while struggling to try and keep them from strapping me to the gurney, my hand brushed across what I believe to be, a nipple ring. But that's it.

I damn near went broke buying aluminum foil. And not that thin cheap stuff either. We're talking Reynolds Heavy Duty. I finally had to stop fighting though. I gave in, and let them establish a full time connection to my mind. They take what they want, whenever they please. This "History" confirms what I always suspected.

What else could explain why I wake up, everyday, with my brain feeling like half dried Jello, and without even a trace of any coherent thought?

Huh? What else? :silly:

If someone can compile the data in Excel spreadsheet I can import it into a DB. I just don't have time to do both.

You don't mean compile in a compile-the-front-end-of-the-database sort of way right? If you mean you need someone to type the data into Excel and then double-check it, I can do that.

The 1600 static pages are available on your domain right?

Reading this reminded me how much I used to love the old features, like top ten most recently discussed threads across all forums, the user sign in map, the player data base, flaming logo, ect.

Yeah, I know. I'm thinking of ways we might bring some of that stuff back. Of course, they wouldn't be embedded in the site like before, but just to have some of those functions available to us via a link would be cool.

I joined Extremeskins in March of 2001, after lurking since September of 2000. I was on the old Sportstalk message boards and someone posted to check out this new Redskins message board. I don't think a day has passed in those almost 9 1/2 years that I haven't gone to this site first thing in the morning when I turn on my laptop. Thanks to all who made it happen and to all who help continue to make it happen.

You don't mean compile in a compile-the-front-end-of-the-database sort of way right? If you mean you need someone to type the data into Excel and then double-check it, I can do that.

The 1600 static pages are available on your domain right?

I mean just have the data in columns and rows that can be imported into a DB.

The data should look like this in Excel:

Jersey FirstName LastName HighSchool College Stats

------------------------------------------------

11 Patrick Ramsey Ruston (LA) Tulane

I have it on my domain and you can even go to redskinsdb.com and get the data off of that website as well.