Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Gauge This Righ Now: QB Or No QB?

Looking For Number Four

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Perhaps the defense was able to revert back to being top 5, revamped o-line with Shanny's scheme brings the running game back, and Kyle Shanahan is able to mold Campbell into something better than his ability. Does that beat the Colts?

Is Campbell's ceiling more than 3500/3800/4000 yards in a season? Can he throw 25/30/35 TDs in a season? Does he have what is needed in order to WIN a Super Bowl?

Does the fact the Jets (#1 Defense and #1 Running game) got hammered (more than a TD) by the Colts effect this decision? How about the fact the Colts finished the season with the running game ranked dead last, 32nd? How about the 32nd run game coupled with 18th ranked defense?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/seasontype/2

Who knows this team better than us? What do we think as a whole, overall? Do we have to find a franchise QB to start the journey toward a Super Bowl?

The debate is certainly, but their is not complete statistic on where we stand, as a whole.

I think it is also important to take another look at this whole ordeal now that we have seen the #1 run game and #1 defense get beat by the #32 run game and #18 defense.

How many damn posts do you need? Wow just WOW!!!

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

This is still open to debate?

Without going into it all over again about Jason never being a franchise QB that can carry a team when needed by the mere nature of his conservative play, and posting counter stats about his minimal season on season "improvement" that's far from becoming of a first round, five year vet., and the absolutely atrocious offensive output we've suffered through his tenure at the controls; and not pointing out what you half alluded to about a mediocre game managing QB only taking you so far as the Jets found out to their cost Sunday; I'll answer twice over .....

HELL NO WE DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE A QB TO TAKE US BACK TO THE PROMISED LAND!

HELL YES WE NEED TO DRAFT ONE AT 4 AND GET THIS THING STARTED FROM THE GET GO WITH EVERYTHING ELSE!

Hail.

I voted we can win with Campbell but I'm not neccessarily saying that is the best plan of action. I expect him to continue to improve. Not to elite status but above average. If we have the pieces around him he can be successful as he showed us early in 2008 before the team crumbled.

Again this might not be the best solution to getting to a SB. A superior QB could lessen the talent needed at other positions so if the right prospect comes up I fully support that approach whether that's Bradford, Claussen, or anyone else.

Actually I missed the point of this thread considering it adds nothing new that the other 1 million+ other threads that taint the board on the same topic, which by the way has already been beaten to death. :chair:

There has been an absurd amount of back and forth without any statistic to pinpoint what percentage truly feel we need to spend the 4th pick on OL, QB, or other. I have not seen it if there has been. Also, I believe there are quite a few people who read a lot and don't necessarily enjoy the posting bit; this form of post enables them to voice their opinion without backlash, criticism, or otherwise. If you hate the thread that much, you could quite easily just NOT click on it. :thumbsup:

I voted we can win with Campbell but I'm not neccessarily saying that is the best plan of action. I expect him to continue to improve. Not to elite status but above average. If we have the pieces around him he can be successful as he showed us early in 2008 before the team crumbled.

Again this might not be the best solution to getting to a SB. A superior QB could lessen the talent needed at other positions so if the right prospect comes up I fully support that approach whether that's Bradford, Claussen, or anyone else.

No QB in history has started the season as a rookie and won a SB. Peyton threw 28/28 TD/INT his rookie season. Would it not be smart to go ahead and get the ball rolling here? Go ahead and get the o-line restructure process going, then tighten everything up next off-season, and make a serious run? This season, 7 out of the top 10 QBs in passing yards made the playoffs, I think we could be one of those 7 in 2011 with the right QB. I don't see Campbell ever cracking that top 10, even with Kyle's play calling and Mike's blocking schemes.

No QB in history has started the season as a rookie and won a SB, minus Roth.

Hate to be pernickety, but Big Ben won his first Lombardi his second year. His rookie year they lost the AFC Championship game to the Pats.

I might be wrong, but I don't believe a rookie QB has ever even lead their team to the show. Not that, that's of much relevence as nobody here outside of the uber homers are expecting much of anything in year one of the re-build.

And a tip if you want an accurate gauge of the membership; make any future polls public so you can count the names against the votes. This way, it's a totally skewed poll as any one can cast a vote, and the guest votes are what lopside these things more often than not.

Hail.

You might want to add a Colt Brennan option. I am sure it will be asked for more than once.

HTTR

I live on the east coast and actually watched one of his Hawaii games that started at 12am to the end. I love Colt as much as anyone and when I found out he was staying on the team despite injury I could not have been more grateful. That being said, I just cannot buy into him leading us to the Super Bowl. Would LOVE to be wrong.

What if we are wrong and he continues to make bad decisions (Pre-Season 2009)?

I will look into the edit options and see if I can add a Colt in there for you guys though. :thumbsup:

There has been an absurd amount of back and forth without any statistic to pinpoint what percentage truly feel we need to spend the 4th pick on OL, QB, or other. I have not seen it if there has been. Also, I believe there are quite a few people who read a lot and don't necessarily enjoy the posting bit, in this form of post they can voice their opinion without backlash, criticism, or otherwise. If you hate the thread that much, you could quite easily just NOT click on it. :thumbsup:

Hmmm.....seems like you want an innacurate poll then. You want all our opinions, but want to exclude people from your thread. Sneaky way to skew it in your favor. :evilg:

OP~

Dude, I'm getting a headache trying to read and understand your post. You keep using "their" when I think you mean "there" and I lost count with how many times you've used the wrong tense. Please clean up you act.

As far as the topic goes, personally, I don't see Campbell being anywhere close to the quality of QB that is required to have an above average team in the NFL. I don't know who would be the best QB to go with other than Campbell is not.

To OP:

Not hating man, but your first post is a really tough read. I know what you are saying, but it took me a while to figure it out. It might be why some people are reacting so furiously. As jrfriedm put it so eloquently "Clean up you [sic] act" LOL.

Besides that, as mentioned, the poll needs at least two more options to be somewhat fair-

1) We CAN win a Superbowl with Colt Brennan, not JC.

AND

2) We CAN win a Superbowl with an established vet, just not JC.

Peace-

nomad

To OP:

Not hating man, but your first post is a really tough read. I know what you are saying, but it took me a while to figure it out. It might be why some people are reacting so furiously. As jrfriedm put it so eloquently "Clean up you [sic] act" LOL.

Besides that, as mentioned, the poll needs at least two more options to be somewhat fair-

1) We CAN win a Superbowl with Colt Brennan, not JC.

AND

2) We CAN win a Superbowl with an established vet, just not JC.

Peace-

nomad

I have went back and made several grammatical error corrections. Apologies for the messy act. Please let me know if there are further discrepancies.

1) What makes you so confident that Colt is the answer? His decision making this past pre-season was questionable at best. His 3/4 sidearm throwing motion is also questionable. I do see a bit of Jake Plummer in his style though.

2) By established vet, are you referring to McNabb? Is there another you have in mind? They are not exactly lining up at the door this or next off-season. Lastly, would it not be more logical to try and create something more long term?

Who are the 18 people who voted that we can win a SB with Campbell?

I voted that we have to have a franchise QB, but I'm not sure that it's either Bradford or Clausen. Now if Shanny loves Bradford then sobeit, but I'm a fan of trading down from #4 (if we can find a willing partner) and take a LT & pick up more picks, then take Dan Lefevour in the 2nd round + a RT or RB and take major steps towards rebuilding the entire offense.

Again, who are the 18 who voted that we can win a SB with JC??

Archived