Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Gauge This Righ Now: QB Or No QB?

Looking For Number Four

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The poll is rigged, because many of us would be happy with any true franchise QB not just the two potential rookies you listed. In fact I'd almost argue the other two choices in the poll are redundant because, frankly when you think about it I think most of us don't care how we get a true franchise signal caller so long as it doesn't tank the entire rest of the team for five years.

1) What makes you so confident that Colt is the answer? His decision making this past pre-season was questionable at best. His 3/4 sidearm throwing motion is also questionable. I do see a bit of Jake Plummer in his style though.

2) By established vet, are you referring to McNabb? Is there another you have in mind? They are not exactly lining up at the door this or next off-season. Lastly, would it not be more logical to try and create something more long term?

So basically this is a controlled poll statistically. Even though you wanted to start a thread to see what people think and claimed no such thread with a poll was created. Yet you exclude Colt and Other from your poll because you think those two choices are not relevant according to YOU! :doh:

Oh by the way, Other can also stand for someone being drafted next year and not necessarily mean McNabb. ;)

Sounds like to me someone needs to go to school and take statistic 101 classes and this thread should be closed for being a statistical failure.

My answer would be:

We need a franchise QB

Jason Campbell isn't a franchise QB

So we need to draft a franchise QB

but

We may have to start Campbell for another year to prepare the rookie.

The only thing I don't want to see is Campbell signed to a long-term deal since he hasn't earned it.

Along with this, we'll need to add some OL which is definitely possible.

1) What makes you so confident that Colt is the answer? His decision making this past pre-season was questionable at best. His 3/4 sidearm throwing motion is also questionable. I do see a bit of Jake Plummer in his style though.

2) By established vet, are you referring to McNabb? Is there another you have in mind? They are not exactly lining up at the door this or next off-season. Lastly, would it not be more logical to try and create something more long term?

Just to make it clear, I don't think Colt can take us to a Superbowl, but if you are going to make a definitive poll, you have to have him in there. I happen to believe we could pick up a solid vet QB, like McNabb but not limited to McNabb and quite possibly make a run in the next couple of years.

My points were directed towards constructing a poll that includes more of the possibilities. If you really want to find out where we stand you have to give as many people as possible the ability to vote for what they want.

Again, not trying to be a patronizing ****, just sayin'- If for example you want people to pick America's best widely available beer once and for all, and you only include Budweiser and Miller, then all the people who like Coors, etc. are entirely left out. It delegitimizes the poll immediately.

That being said, I do appreciate what you are trying to do, and I voted for a franchise QB, because it was the only thing close to a good Vet QB. Jason seems like a great guy, but I just don't think he has it in him. Hope I'm wrong!

peace

-nomad

Archived