Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The TUCK rule?!?!

skinsaddict

Ball never hit the ground, so its irrelevant.

Yes. That's an INT, officially.

EDIT I just checked it's being listed as a fumble. But I guess the point is that if it's ruled a pass ala the tuck rule then it would be considered an INT.

However you slice it, the tuck rule is the worst rule in all of professional sports and the NFL should be ashamed of itself for having it.

I'm actually hoping the Mods leave this one up so there aren't 14 threads that pop up about "How come the Tuck rule didn't apply?" 1 is good enough, especially for merging.

But as has been stated, and to repeat.....the tuck rule only matters if the ball HITS THE GROUND.

There are alot of guys on another board I was just on that were crying about this same thing. Even when you explained the part about the ball never hitting the gound, they still didn't get it.:doh:

There are alot of guys on another board I was just on that were crying about this same thing. Even when you explained the part about the ball never hitting the gound, they still didn't get it.:doh:

And the funny thing is, there are some legitimate gripes. The refs missing the blow to Rodgers' head was a big one. The kicking of the ball wasn't called, etc. But whining about the Tuck Rule is irrelevant. It only matters in whether that final TD by Dansby gets credited as a fumble or INT, but even still that's an incredibly minor difference.

They COULD have called a facemask on the DB that hit Rodgers on the play. He grabbed Rodgers' facemask after he swatted at the ball and it pulled Rodgers' helmet down.

I'm not saying it should have been called but, with the facemask rule these days, its a judgement call.

They COULD have called a facemask on the DB that hit Rodgers on the play. He grabbed Rodgers' facemask after he swatted at the ball and it pulled Rodgers' helmet down.

I'm not saying it should have been called but, with the facemask rule these days, its a judgement call.

If it occurred AFTER the fumble then it would be enforced on the next kickoff. Green Bay's next kickoff is in August, so...;)

IT NEVER HIT THE GROUND. Maybe intentional AIRING.

I'm going to take the high road here and just point out that I was referring to the 2002 game when the tuck rule was called. Brady was in the pocket, and the ball didn't cross the LOS, which I think fits the criteria for intentional grounding. Intuitively, it's pretty easy to say that it wasn't intentional grounding because Brady didn't intend[\b] to throw the ball. Either way, terrible rule and terrible call by Coleman.

I have no problem with the end of last nights game.

Archived