Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I take back what I said about Snyder

WVUforREDSKINS

I hated him so much and thought he made all the wrong moves. I can count at least 12 different times where I thought he made the worst possible decision.

However, now I look at him like a child who has grown up and saw what they did was wrong and is now doing the right thing. In my eyes, it seemed that he listened to the fans and really is here for us. The late, great George Michael said "I know Dan and if most of the fans got to talk with him they would say "Hey this guy wants to win as much as I do"" And I believe that, but I just think he was a selfish guy. Coach Gibbs, Blache, and even Shannahan have stuck up for him saying he is a great guy. Now, I don't know what to believe, but these three guys all seem like stand up guys themselves so I will take their word (with half a grain of salt)

These next five years will be interesting. I'm excited for them. Only time will prove me wrong about Dan.

I've heard so many conflicting stories about this guy...I dunno what to think. But, we (the fans) spoke and it looks like he listened.

(oh yea, big ups to Stwasm)

I've wavered in my dislike of Danny over the years but it seems pretty clear to me that he's a man who learns from his mistakes (albeit very slowly) and will do whatever he deems necessary to improve the team. When you think about it, that automatically puts him well above the owners of most sports franchises. The only justifiable reason we have for disliking the guy is that the results on the field haven't been there.

Given enough time, I'm sure he'll figure it out (if he hasn't already) and we'll be able to add to our trophy case.

I've been pretty critical of Dan Snyder but only for his unwillingness to fire Vinny Cerrato. Well he finally did it and is going back to the blue print that landed him Coach Gibbs. I think he made a great decision in Shanahan, and hopefully has learned his lesson for good. But we just never know with Snyder.. I thought he learned his lesson after Spurrier by hiring Gibbs but then he went with Jim Zorn after Joe. So lets just wait and see..

My first post on ES was a thread defending Snyder and although I can't remember what I wrote- I've always stuck by the idea that Dannyboy means well and really loves the Redskins. He also loves money. And himself. But certainly the Redskins as well.

I met Snyder once, briefly- and it was actually a pretty wild adventure:

Dec. 27, 2005.... Skins had just reeled off 4 wins in a row, including the POUNDING we had just given the Giants at FedEx... I was in the Potomac Village parking lot right in front of Potomac Pizza sitting in a car with my buddy waiting for our pot dealer to stop by. (Yeah, I love grass... get over it.)

I'm sitting shotgun looking through the side rearview looking for Maurice to pull up, when all of a sudden i see this skinny blonde VIXEN getting into an Escalade behind me. Immediately my MILF radar went through the roof and I had to turn around completely in my seat. I said to my boy, "Bruh, check out the hindquarters on that stallion right there..."

MILF jumps into car and a little man in a leather jacket on a cell phone jumps out. I notice the jacket has a HUGE redskins logo stitched to the front, but I didn't quite make the connection yet. Maurice is taking FOREVER (as they usually do) so I hopped out of the car to smoke a cigarette and strut around in my brand new #89 Moss jersey and matching Redskins pajama pants. (it was 3 in the afternoon)

The little man was pacing back and forth about 50 feet away from me in what looked/sounded like a pretty heated conversation- and then it hit me! It's Dannyboy!

Without hesitation I threw both of my hands in the air and screamed at the TOP of my lungs "GOOOOO SKINS BABAYYYYYY!!!!" accompanied by a little jig.

Danny snapped his head around immediately and his expression instantly changed from concerned/angry to just wild laughter. He put the phone down by his waist for a second, threw one fist in the air and yelled back "That's right baby! Playoffs!" He couldn't stop smiling, it was awesome.

Maurice pulled up about 20 seconds later and was like "Man, who the hell was that old dude you were screaming at in the parking lot? Everybody in Potomac Village stopped what they were doing to stare at you guys..."

and I was like "Shutup and give me my weed, ninja."

HAIL

My first post on ES was a thread defending Snyder and although I can't remember what I wrote- I've always stuck by the idea that Dannyboy means well and really loves the Redskins. He also loves money. And himself. But certainly the Redskins as well.

Dec. 27, 2005.... Skins had just reeled off 4 wins in a row, including the POUNDING we had just given the Giants at FedEx... I was in the Potomac Village parking lot right in front of Potomac Pizza sitting in a car with my buddy waiting for our pot dealer to stop by. (Yeah, I love grass... get over it.)

I'm sitting shotgun looking through the side rearview looking for Maurice to pull up, when all of a sudden i see this skinny blonde VIXEN getting into an Escalade behind me. Immediately my MILF radar went through the roof and had to turn around completely in my seat. I said to my boy, "Bruh, check out the hindquarters on that stallion right there..."

MILF jumps into car and a little man in a leather jacket on a cell phone jumps out. I notice the jacket has a HUGE redskins logo stitched to the front, but I didn't quite make the connection yet. Maurice is taking FOREVER (as they usually do) so I hopped out of the car to smoke a cigarette and strut around in my brand new #89 Moss jersey and matching Redskins pajama pants. (it was 3 in the afternoon)

The little man was pacing back and forth about 50 feet away from me in what looked/sounded like a pretty heated conversation- and then it hit me! It's Dannyboy!

Without hesitation I threw both of my hands in the air and screamed at the TOP of my lungs "GOOOOO SKINS BABAYYYYYY!!!!" accompanied by a little jig.

Danny snapped his head around immediately and his expression instantly changed from concerned/angry to just wild laughter. He put the phone down by his waist for a second, threw one fist in the air and yelled back "That's right baby! Playoffs!" He couldn't stop smiling, it was awesome.

Maurice pulled up about 20 seconds later and was like "Man, who the hell was that old dude you were screaming at in the parking lot? Everybody in Potomac Village stopped what they were doing to stare at you guys..."

and I was like "Shutup and give my weed, ninja."

HAIL

lmfo a great way to start my day thanks

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

i wont ever 'take back' what i've thought/said about snyder.

he deserved it.

if things change i'll give him credit for finally changing. but not until i see the evidence (in the draft, in trades, and on the field).

and even then, thats all the credit i'm giving him. its not much, even an idiot should have seen this a few years ago.

edit: i still have gripes about the stadium. the parking lot. and the cost of attending games.

I'm sitting shotgun looking through the side rearview looking for Maurice to pull up, when all of a sudden i see this skinny blonde VIXEN getting into an Escalade behind me. Immediately my MILF radar went through the roof and I had to turn around completely in my seat. I said to my boy, "Bruh, check out the hindquarters on that stallion right there..."

HAIL

HAHA.....thanks.....I needed that.

i wont ever 'take back' what i've thought/said about snyder.

he deserved it.

if things change i'll give him credit for finally changing. but not until i see the evidence (in the draft, in trades, and on the field).

and even then, thats all the credit i'm giving him. its not much, even an idiot should have seen this a few years ago.

edit: i still have gripes about the stadium. the parking lot. and the cost of attending games.

I completely agree

HAIL

Dude... reading this was an AWESOME start to my morning!

JB

Let's just see how he handles his idle hands first.

I like the GM. I like the coach. I like the current hands off attitude...

But let's just make sure Danny boy really means it this time.

*cough*schottenheimer*cough*

I'm with you on this one, let's just wait and see. We've heard all the hands off stuff from Dan before, but (as we saw with Schottenheimer) Dan just can't resist the temptation to get involved. What he says and what he does aren't always the same.

Great story Laron.

While I'm taking the "wait and see" approach. I'm starting to get the feeling that none of us here on ES could have really run the team better than Snyder has. We all would like to think we could've, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Are you kidding? You need to put down the splif Laron just handed you. I was at the zoo yesterday and I saw three chimps and a yak that could do a better job over the last decade.

I like what I'm seeing so far but he was "hands off" with Marty also and fired him at the end of the year cuz he wasn't having any fun. We've been down this road before. I really really hope he's learned. I'm just not ready to drink the koolaid just yet.

yeah... i think plenty of people could 'run' the team better than snyder.

i personally would have gotten someone like allen to start with, let him do things, and replace him if they weren't working out after 5 or so years.

which, in my opinion, is 'better' than the way snyder has been running things.

i think there are plenty of people here are smart enough to know that they aren't smart enough to run a team in a hands on way. :)

yeah... i think plenty of people could 'run' the team better than snyder.

i personally would have gotten someone like allen to start with, let him do things, and replace him if they weren't working out after 5 or so years.

which, in my opinion, is 'better' than the way snyder has been running things.

i think there are plenty of people here are smart enough to know that they aren't smart enough to run a team in a hands on way. :)

Bingo. Anybody who would have hired a talented GM and gotten out of the way would have done better than Snyder

This thread is useless w/o pics...:evilg:

Cool story, man.

That's what im saying. It looks like our voices here on ES were heard and he listened.

In my opinion, the thread that really stuck out was the Poll that was like, "If Vinny is back next year, will you stop supporting the Redskins financially?" or something like that...

I was shocked to see how many people were DEAD SERIOUS about never shelling out another dollar to this team. It was pretty intense, and $nyder wasn't about to let that happen.

But he appears to be on the right track now- and this is not Marty 2.0.... Shanahan is too big. Allen is too big. Dannyboy has pie all over his face, and there is too much money at stake to be playing reindeer games.

We MIGHT suck next year, but at least the bull**** era is over. The pieces are falling into place and I'm pumped.

In my opinion, the thread that really stuck out was the Poll that was like, "If Vinny is back next year, will you stop supporting the Redskins financially?" or something like that...

I was shocked to see how many people were DEAD SERIOUS about never shelling out another dollar to this team. It was pretty intense, and $nyder wasn't about to let that happen.

But he appears to be on the right track now- and this is not Marty 2.0.... Shanahan is too big. Allen is too big. Dannyboy has pie all over his face, and there is too much money at stake to be playing reindeer games.

We MIGHT suck next year, but at least the bull**** era is over. The pieces are falling into place and I'm pumped.

I like the moves he has made, if he sticks to them! It all seems a bit fake to me, like a movie specially when Shanny was introduced and the way he came out and made sure everyone saw him shaking Shanny and Bruce's hand and walked off!!!

I like the moves he has made, if he sticks to them! It all seems a bit fake to me, like a movie specially when Shanny was introduced and the way he came out and made sure everyone saw him shaking Shanny and Bruce's hand and walked off!!!

LOL it does all seem a bit contrived... but the REAL shaking of the hands was going on the entire night before during contract discussions and all that. This was all media stuff and more important than normal because of the big names involved.

If it DOES become a movie though, I really hope CRUISE plays Bruce Allen.

crazy%20tom%20collage.jpg

Archived