Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about a trade for Joshua Cribbs?

ixcuincle

Cooley is Vital..

Not only to the team as a TE, but a fanbase Fav.

Him and Orakpo are the ONLY 2 I see that are "must keeps"

I was hoping that that idea was a joke. Not only is Cooley a fanbase favorite, but he's the type of guy who you build a team around. With Shanahan here, I'm expecting Cooley to do big things, because I remember the impact Shannon Sharpe had for them. Can't wait to see what's going to happen with Cooley.

TT:

I see your point, but at the same time we don't have to spend a pick when we could trade down to 7 still pick up a great lineman, deal Portis and ARE for Cribbs and have improvement in two areas while clearing future cap space and get younger.

Holmgren has cut deals for older playmakers in the past, and now that he is the GM there will be pressure on Mangini to improve. With Jamaal aging and a running back committee system already in place, Portis could be plugged in to decrease his carries while theoretically improving his output. ARE is a vet that has been to the show, and could fill a similar 'slash' role in their "Flash" set.

~S~

Remember Chad Morton?

My first thought on this. I generally don't like doing that sort of thing. Equating Haynesworth and Stubblefield, for example, drives me insane. But return positions are something that you get your own young guys to do. Guys fighting for a roster spot and have the speed or vision to do it. I know it can be hard to find them, but trading for it isn't the answer when we have other needs that need to be adressed.

It's funny that almost everyone has bashed Cerrato and Snyder for doing this exact same thing over the last several years, giving up draft choices for players who are great with other teams.

It seems like Snyder has learned his lesson, but the same people that have called for his head are the same people that would be o.k. with this trade (not all of course).

It's funny that almost everyone has bashed Cerrato and Snyder for doing this exact same thing over the last several years, giving up draft choices for players who are great with other teams.

It seems like Snyder has learned his lesson, but the same people that have called for his head are the same people that would be o.k. with this trade (not all of course).

Are you serious? You wouldn't go for a trade for Cribbs? He's a stud. We could easily trade Cooley for him and a later pick and use that pick on a DB or TE. That is if we don't get Taylor Mays with the #4 overall.

This is a bit different, we're desperate for a punt returner who actually averages more than 1.5 yards per punt return. :doh:

Once again, one doesn't need to sacrifice draft picks to attain players. One can trade players for players. The question is who or whom, and what the contract numbers will be. The Browns have just as many needs as the 'Skins, but they do have Cribbs who is an outstanding return talent/Wildcat guy.

Portis is an option, ARE, Cornelius Griffin, a trade down three spots (if the guy that the 'Skins want is still there). Acquiring talent like Cribbs is not necessarily a bad thing (see: London Fletcher) it was the manner in which Snyderatto did it.

Are you serious? You wouldn't go for a trade for Cribbs? He's a stud. We could easily trade Cooley for him and a later pick and use that pick on a DB or TE. That is if we don't get Taylor Mays with the #4 overall.

God... I hope you are never in scouting! This would be the worst year of the FO, if those events took place (any of them).

Are you serious? You wouldn't go for a trade for Cribbs?

Nope, sure wouldn't. He has been great with the Browns, but this has been Cerrato and Snyder's philosophy over the past several years. It really has not worked out. It's possible that we could find our own guy late in the draft.

There are more pressing needs than punt returner (not that it isn't important). Plus we have guys that can get it done in Moss, Hall, and possibly Thomas. It would not be first on my list.

I think getting a new ST coordinator is more important.

This is a bit different, we're desperate for a punt returner who actually averages more than 1.5 yards per punt return. :doh:

It is always different. Every move that we have made for another teams star player has been justified one way or another. This would just be more of the same for this team. Didn't Allen say that the status quo is ending?

Randle El was pretty good with the Steelers as well. How has he done since he has been here? Poorly, hence the thread. We have seen this too much. Time to start developing our own guys. Get guys that have a little more loyalty to the team because they were drafted by the Skins and then take care of our own. It will be a better team atmosphere.

Isn't he bitter that the Skins didn't draft him? He forgot that all 32 teams passed him over for 6 rounds.

I understand you have to grab some guys from free agency, but if we are going to trade, I hope we trade for draft picks that we can develop or bigger needs such as the o-line.

It will be interesting to see what Shannahan and Allen do with this roster. If they think it is in the Skins best interest to get Cribbs, then I will support it. But, if it was me making the decision, then no, I would not do it.

Remember.... due to the CBA and a potential Rookie pay scale for 2011, this draft is more stacked than usual. More people coming out for the draft. Therefore, EVERY draft pick has even more vaule than previous years.... even your rounds 5 and 6, etc. Much deeper, much better talent.

God... I hope you are never in scouting! This would be the worst year of the FO, if those events took place (any of them).
Nope, sure wouldn't. He has been great with the Browns, but this has been Cerrato and Snyder's philosophy over the past several years. It really has not worked out. It's possible that we could find our own guy late in the draft.

There are more pressing needs than punt returner (not that it isn't important). Plus we have guys that can get it done in Moss, Hall, and possibly Thomas. It would not be first on my list.

I think getting a new ST coordinator is more important.

:secret:

I was being sarcastic

Archived