Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis versus Arenas

Burgold

He had unlicensed guns in the freakin locker room within the District of Columbia, which has among the toughest gun laws in the country. Dude will be LUCKY to avoid a long slammer stay.

I understand that and I do understand the gun laws in the district. What Im saying is were the police called initially? As far as I know this whole story started as speculation through the media and that the MPD were never on the scene. Without the cooperation of the other players in the room and only an unmirandinized admittance by Gilbert, how can the charges stick? If MPD was not there to validate whether the guns that were seen were real or not and nobody (crittenton) says they had a gun pulled on them then I dont see them going far with this. If I am wrong about the MPD not being there, then I retract my whole discussion.

I don't think its that serious....America is turning into a bunch of ******. First the NFL wants to turn the game to flag football. Now everybody treats athletes with a gun like a soldier that caused treason.

Many of the people criticizing him probably have a plethora of guns in their house used for shooting the **** out of innocent animals and hanging it on their walls.

Really? Are you certain of that? If so please tell me, without a plea how will the charges stick? Or at least how are you certain the charges will stick? What the NBA does is one thing but I will love to see how the prosecution bases their case on hear say, and no collection of firearms by the MPD as they were being possessed in D.C.

How the charges will stick. R u serious.

This guy had an unlicensed gun in Washington DC. Ask Plaxico wow that worked out for him in NY.

What makes this situation even worst is the way gilbert is handling this. He really thinks this is a joke. Whoever is advising him needs to tell him to shut his mouth and at least act remorsful.

how the charges will stick. R u serious.

This guy had an unlicensed gun in washington dc. Ask plaxico wow that worked out for him in ny.

What makes this situation even worst is the way gilbert is handling this. He really thinks this is a joke. Whoever is advising him needs to tell him to shut his mouth and at least act remorsful.

youre missing my point!!!!!

Who caught him with the guns???????

I understand that and I do understand the gun laws in the district. What Im saying is were the police called initially? As far as I know this whole story started as speculation through the media and that the MPD were never on the scene. Without the cooperation of the other players in the room and only an unmirandinized admittance by Gilbert, how can the charges stick? If MPD was not there to validate whether the guns that were seen were real or not and nobody (crittenton) says they had a gun pulled on them then I dont see them going far with this. If I am wrong about the MPD not being there, then I retract my whole discussion.

Gilbert said he didnt point the gun on anybody, but from what i understand he put the gun on chriteenton's chair. Whatever the case this isnt the big issue. The illegal guns is the thing that he needs to worry about. Because that isnt speculation.

youre missing my point!!!!!

Who caught him with the guns???????

O I got u now. There were 4 guns in his locker. I'm not sure who found them or whatever, but they were there and they were illegal. He will get charged. So he better take a plea bargin or he will face real jail time.

O I got u now. There were 4 guns in his locker. I'm not sure who found them or whatever, but they were there and they were illegal. He will get charged. So he better take a plea bargin or he will face real jail time.

The way our judicial system is set up, or at least how we believe it to be set up, the District of Columbia will have to prove without doubt that Gilbert did in fact possess illegal firearms in the District. If the MPD did not collect the firearms or other visual evidence to prove their case then how would a jury of peers be able to prosecute him based off of hearsay? Thats all Im saying. I would believe him to be in worse shape had he been caught with the guns or somebody had been injured by one of them.

Have police even been called? Have they collected any of the guns? Is law enforcement even involved at this point?

So you feel more sorry for the Gil, who broke the law and showed no respect for the team or league he plays in then you do for Portis who did nothing of the sort. Interesting:doh:

I agree. I don't think it's entirely rational. I think it's because Gil wrecked Gil while Portis damaged his teammates and friends, but it's definitely not a rational or completely reasonable position.

It may also be because Gil's life is officially changed/wrecked/damaged and we don't know the results of Portis' actions yet.

The way our judicial system is set up, or at least how we believe it to be set up, the District of Columbia will have to prove without doubt that Gilbert did in fact possess illegal firearms in the District. If the MPD did not collect the firearms or other visual evidence to prove their case then how would a jury of peers be able to prosecute him based off of hearsay? Thats all Im saying. I would believe him to be in worse shape had he been caught with the guns or somebody had been injured by one of them.

I think we have enough admissions recorded and in print by Arenas that would stand. He's already said he had the guns. It would be really hard to dispute that at this point.

Have police even been called? Have they collected any of the guns? Is law enforcement even involved at this point?

Yes, Where have ya'll been. The investagation is on going. He can not fight the charges because he ammitted to it. Everyone now knows he had guns in his locker. The issue is are the guns registered? The answer is no. There are registered in VA. Similar to the Plaxico situation. Plax gun was registed, but in Florida not NY.

With that said he had illegal guns in Washington DC. They DA will try to make an example out of him like they did Plaxico in New York.

Honestly I have no remorse for the guy. If that was me I would already be locked up. In addition the way he is now acting now really makes him look bad. He thinks this is a joke.

I think we have enough admissions recorded and in print by Arenas that would stand. He's already said he had the guns. It would be really hard to dispute that at this point.

Are you a lawyer? Im not and Im not gonna pretend to be. You may possibly be 100% correct. But if somebody goes out and kills somebody and they go to a bar and get all drunk and confess the murder to a reporter who spills it to the cops and reports it, PHSYICAL evidence is still needed in order for a prosecution. That is how I believe the system to be set up, I may be wrong though.

I did just hear that Gilbert is cooperating with law enforcement and may be manning up to what he's done. If so there really will be little need for an investigation. But until he admits under oath, which constitutionally he does not have to, they still have NO evidence for their case. If you or somebody else on here is a lawyer and can tell me Im wrong then thats fine. But I believe you are making assumptions, as am I. Well actually you dont even need to be a lawyer, you may know the laws better than me and if so then I hope you can teach me something here.

Are you a lawyer? Im not and Im not gonna pretend to be. You may possibly be 100% correct. But if somebody goes out and kills somebody and they go to a bar and get all drunk and confess the murder to a reporter who spills it to the cops and reports it, PHSYICAL evidence is still needed in order for a prosecution. That is how I believe the system to be set up, I may be wrong though.

I did just hear that Gilbert is cooperating with law enforcement and may be manning up to what he's done. If so there really will be little need for an investigation. But until he admits under oath, which constitutionally he does not have to, they still have NO evidence for their case. If you or somebody else on here is a lawyer and can tell me Im wrong then thats fine. But I believe you are making assumptions, as am I. Well actually you dont even need to be a lawyer, you may know the laws better than me and if so then I hope you can teach me something here.

:doh:

Well, we can rule out the drunk admission. He admitted it and apologized for it through a lawyer stone cold sober.

You may be right, but the fact that he and his lawyer prepared a statement that conceded the fact that he had these guns and he has admitted it in several venues it would be really hard for him to suddenly credibly say (or prove)

"What guns? There were no guns!"

Too much paper, tape, and too many witnesses.

Ill bet right now , a 50 caliber gold plated Desert Eagle hand gun Portis is on this team next year. Only thing is if you win Im going to have to get into Gilberts locker to pay you. Deal?

As of today, based on all the quotes from players and the hints from Shanahan at the presser... it would probably be best if CP were not on the team and I think it's better than even money that he won't be.

I won't betcha a gun, but if you want to do a sig bet I'll go for that. The size of his contract is really the only thing keeping him here.

Well speak then. If what I said is so ridicoulus, speak on it.

I think I've covered everything throughout my other post in this thread.

He had an illegal gun. I dont know what you dont understand about that. Stop tryn to play devils advocate and look at the clear facts. HE HAD AN ILLEGAL GUN!!!!!!

As of today, based on all the quotes from players and the hints from Shanahan at the presser... it would probably be best if CP were not on the team and I think it's better than even money that he won't be.

I won't betcha a gun, but if you want to do a sig bet I'll go for that. The size of his contract is really the only thing keeping him here.

Not after March!!!

Well, we can rule out the drunk admission. He admitted it and apologized for it through a lawyer stone cold sober.

You may be right, but the fact that he and his lawyer prepared a statement that conceded the fact that he had these guns and he has admitted it in several venues it would be really hard for him to suddenly credibly say (or prove)

"What guns? There were no guns!"

Too much paper, tape, and too many witnesses.

I was just using the drunk dude as an example of needing physical evidence (probably a poor attempt).

Anybody can retract a statement(s) not made under oath. I dont condone his actions and I could care less what happens to him. I just dont see how everything is concrete against him if he decides to fight the charges, if hes charged. Like I said Im no lawyer so I may be completely wrong.

Archived