Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

San Fran looking to unload both their first round picks? :ESPN rumorcentral

x96bryan10

We cannot afford to be trading up this year. We only have 5 picks as it is and have an aging roster. We need more youth. I totally understand we want a franchise QB and I agree Campbell is not the answer but we have too many needs. I don't mean just starters. Across the board this team has pretty bad depth.

Either we take the best OT or QB(which im still not sold on any of the QBs) or we trade back. Do not trade up.

If anything trade back multiple times and aquire some lineman and picks for next year. The truth is we can still be competitive if the coaching is good and have a good oline with the rest of this team even with Campbell at QB. No we wont be superbowl worthy next year but neither will we if we trade up and draft a qb and have no one to protect him.

BUILD A TEAM!

Best Sig Ever! ROFL!

Really what does it matter. Detroit had top draft picks for almost a decade and where are they at. You can get quality guys later in the draft, the early part of the draft is full of possible pre-madonnas.

I say lets get players who have the hunger, passion and drive to succeed in this game of football. After all no one player is really that much better than the other until that first real NFL snap.

SF wants to draft their QB of the future in this draft while Alex Smith is a "stop gap" with their O

They want Clausen or Bradford

First thing that came to my mind too SHF. That may spell trouble for any thought of a Bradford pick, considering Clausen may slip.

there were only 2 decent OTs this time last year, and what happened? I think like 6 guys went in the first round, so I think it is WAY to early to judge the depth of this draft. Does noone else agree with me on this?

actually last year there was alot of hype on the OTs around this time.. people were saying that it was going to be one of the deepest OT draft in recent history...

I would imagine "if" this is true they are looking at McCoy the DT to anchor their defense in front of Patrick Willis. Ray Lewis almost forced the Ravens to draft Ngata because he wanted a dominant DT in front of him pulling all the double teams and I imagine Singletary is looking out for Willis and that defense instead of trying to trade up for a OT or a QB.

I have been reading for weeks that Suh while a great collegiate player at DT is projected to be more of a fit in the NFL as a 3-4 DE. There is a chance with the 3 teams ahead of us being 4-3 teams that Suh could be actually be passed over for McCoy as the first DT picked and actually slip to us at #4. If that happened we would be able to trade out of that pick for a kings ransom to a team running a 3-4.

Aubrayo Franklin was probably the best 3-4 NT in the league this past year and is just hitting his prime. They are about to franchise him and are very happy with his development. This report is BS and there isn't any speculation as to why the 49ers would trade up simply that the 49ers have the ability to trade up if they wanted to. The only position I could see the 49ers trading up for is to get a tackle but they just extended Joes Staley who they see as their LT of the future so it is unlikely that they would trade up for a RT. If Berry or Suh are on the board it is a possibility but I wouldn't get too excited because this report isn't even speculating that they are going to try to trade up simply that if they wanted to they could.

Here is a quote from Willis on Franklin:

Linebacker Patrick Willis on Aubrayo Franklin: "Oh man, I pray to God they keep Aubrayo. The coaches already know where my heart is. I say he's the best nose (tackles) in the game. You turn on the film and nobody plays with better technique, nobody knows the game better than he knows it. He keeps my head from getting busted on every play and I'm thankful for that."

Archived