Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

San Fran looking to unload both their first round picks? :ESPN rumorcentral

x96bryan10

If they're in love enough to be thinking about this scenario now, they'd definitely be willing to give up a 1, 2, and 3. Maybe even both #1s if the guy they covet is there.

Remember, the guy who f'ed us out of an extra 2nd in a trade? I'm kind of excited to see what kind of havoc he can do FOR us. Besides, the 49ers haven't been THAT good in their dealings recently.

I think this is bS. San Fran can get one of the top rated Qbs at 17.

Unless they want either Clausen or Bradford and think we're going to take one of them. Their GM might be pretty desperate for a good young QB because Smith didn't work out. He's been about as successful as Vinny and might be getting nervous. Drafting a new QB and getting the owner and fans excited might give him another year, especially if their owner is in love with a particular player.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

ESPN RUMOR

49ers trading up to No. 3?

Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat has done the math, and he thinks the Niners have enough ammunition with those two first-rounders to trade all the way up to No. 3 overall. Alternatively, they could package their second round pick as well to get up to No. 2 overall and have a shot at Ndamukong Suh.

Maiocco's verdict? Not likely to happen. With a massive contract required for an untested rookie at those top picks, the smart move is for the team to fill multiple holes with the two picks ... and hope that they don't hold out as long as Michael Crabtree did this past season.

Original source

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/01/49ers-draft-order-partially-determined.html

49ers' draft order (partially) determined

The 49ers do have the flexibility to move up or back in the first round. If they decide to package both first-round picks, they could get as high as No. 3 overall. If they throw in their second-round pick, they could get to No. 2.

While those are certainly options, the best bet is typically to stay put. After all, not only would the 49ers get fewer draft picks, but they would be paying an exorbitant amount of money for a player who is not a proven NFL commodity.

Denver will probably be looking to get picks out of Brandon Marshall. I wouldn't want Marshall here but if Denver gets a 1st for him or some seconds or whatever, maybe they will use those picks to trade with us. I'm sure Denver is looking for a new QB and maybe we can get some picks from them and players shanahan coached.

Its best to assume that any potential trade is going to be one you wouldn't want to make. Assume that any potential trade will mean someone you want will basically be trading that someone. For example, if you want to Suh, assume any potential trade will mean that Suh is still on the board.

SF wants to draft their QB of the future in this draft while Alex Smith is a "stop gap" with their O

They want Clausen or Bradford

Was this in an official press release?

Chicago wants a new punter because their current punter is avg punts 1.3 yds too short...how do I know this you ask? I don't. Same way you don't "know" what S.F. wants.

People on this board need to start out posts more often with "IMO" or "Pure speculation on my part"...

If Suh is there, you take Suh. You cannot pass up a boy named Suh.

What I'd like to see if trade w/NE -- our #4 for their 3 - 2nds. We could really fix the OL in 1 draft.

True...just HOPE you hit on all 3...cuz every year somebody thinks they fixed something, and the next year it's the same old song and dance.

NO player is a guarantee to fix anything...INCLUDING O-LINEMEN.

What I've heard is the 49er's seem to be pretty complacent staying with alex smith another year.

I doubt they want Eric Berry as they think somewhat highly of their current free safety Dashon Goldson. That said, Goldson could make a really good SS and Berry as a free safety?

I doubt its Berry Or a QB. Also Abaryo Franklin had a probowl year this year even if he didn't make it and looks to be on the verge of stud status and since they run a 3-4 why would they go after another DT? There is a possibility that they see Suh as a DE in a 3-4 and there has been rumors that San Fran is thinking about going back to the 4-3.

The only conceivable scenario at the current moment is they want to move up to grab a top tackle in Okung. Still this is January, any speculation right now means absolutely nothing. Over the next 4 months people will rise and drop so frequently this will be an after thought.

San Fran's needs are OL and CB. My best friend is an avid and intelligent 49er fan and will tell you this over and over. I follow the 49ers too and this team needs both. Before the 9ers won their last 2 games they were in position with the 11th and 13th overall picks and would have been able to take the best CB in the draft and the 3rd to 4th best OL staying there.

Their front 7 on defense is great and Goldson is pretty good at safety but their CBs are nothing more then average and their SS Michael Lewis is old and slow and probably better suited to play LB right now in the NFL.

I love golden tate and if the skins had a chance they should definitely take him but I don't see the 9ers taking another WR in the first. They have good receiving options with crabtree already looking like at least a pretty damn good #2 and Vernon Davis is the BEST TE in the game right now. Frank Gore is a stud RB but they have really had issues rushing this year because of OL talent and injuries.

If they are looking to move to #3 it HAS to be to leap frog us and take a QB. Granted, Alex Smith has doen "okay" I don't feel like they will keep him with his salary.

Shanahan should get on the phone with Singletary this weekend!

They just restructured Alex Smith's contract at the beginning of the year. It's for a lot less then his rookie contract and he is their starting QB. I'm pretty sure salary doesn't play a role.

I still think this report is nonsense. The only player they need up there is Okung. I think if they leapfrog us it is for okung and not a QB. They just took a QB #1 the same year we took Jason and who just retook the starting QB job and played solid this year. In 10 game starts he had 18tds and 12 ints. Not amazing but while Jason played better he only managed 20tds with 15 ints in 16 games.

Denver will probably be looking to get picks out of Brandon Marshall. I wouldn't want Marshall here but if Denver gets a 1st for him or some seconds or whatever, maybe they will use those picks to trade with us. I'm sure Denver is looking for a new QB and maybe we can get some picks from them and players shanahan coached.

How about Brandon Marshall and the #11 pick for our #4 pick? That'd be very sexy

How about Brandon Marshall and the #11 pick for our #4 pick? That'd be very sexy

Shanahan was trying to rid the team of Marshall before he got axed. Marshall is a diva and is exactly what we want to move away from this year. We need QB and OL more then a WR. Too many reasons to not make this deal I won't even bother naming them.

Its simple. If they want to trade to three, they want someone who we want. A QB.

I think its more likely we trade up to get a QB than down for more picks. Shanny wants a QB and so do other people. We are the only team that says, screw QB and lets draft all OL.

If Bradford blows it up, we might have to move to #2 to get him...and we will.

We cannot afford to be trading up this year. We only have 5 picks as it is and have an aging roster. We need more youth. I totally understand we want a franchise QB and I agree Campbell is not the answer but we have too many needs. I don't mean just starters. Across the board this team has pretty bad depth.

Either we take the best OT or QB(which im still not sold on any of the QBs) or we trade back. Do not trade up.

If anything trade back multiple times and aquire some lineman and picks for next year. The truth is we can still be competitive if the coaching is good and have a good oline with the rest of this team even with Campbell at QB. No we wont be superbowl worthy next year but neither will we if we trade up and draft a qb and have no one to protect him.

BUILD A TEAM!

I would imagine "if" this is true they are looking at McCoy the DT to anchor their defense in front of Patrick Willis. Ray Lewis almost forced the Ravens to draft Ngata because he wanted a dominant DT in front of him pulling all the double teams and I imagine Singletary is looking out for Willis and that defense instead of trying to trade up for a OT or a QB.

I have been reading for weeks that Suh while a great collegiate player at DT is projected to be more of a fit in the NFL as a 3-4 DE. There is a chance with the 3 teams ahead of us being 4-3 teams that Suh could be actually be passed over for McCoy as the first DT picked and actually slip to us at #4. If that happened we would be able to trade out of that pick for a kings ransom to a team running a 3-4.

Archived