Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't think you can name a new coach this week.

Touch of Class 17

Based on Bruce Allen's statements I believe naming a coach this week would undermine his credibility. He made it sound as if the search was just beginning it would look real weird if they named a coach tomorrow.

With that being said, is there a chance that someone else gets the job? Yesterday Jerry Gray talked a lot about passion and the players knowing the history of the Redskins. Allen echoed those same ideas today Hmmmmmm...

I don't think Redskins One was in Denver for nothing today. They knew Zorn was a goner and have been researching for his replacement for a while now. Similar to how Dan knew that he wanted Haynesworth before he was officially "allowed" to talk to him.

And Jerry Gray can't even coach a secondary properly, what makes you think he could be a head coach?

Based on Bruce Allen's statements I believe naming a coach this week would undermine his credibility. He made it sound as if the search was just beginning it would look real weird if they named a coach tomorrow.

With that being said, is there a chance that someone else gets the job? Yesterday Jerry Gray talked a lot about passion and the players knowing the history of the Redskins. Allen echoed those same ideas today Hmmmmmm...

That is why you are posting on this board and Bruce Allen is abt to announce our coach as soon as the plane lands.

i don't think redskins one was in denver for nothing today. They knew zorn was a goner and have been researching for his replacement for a while now. Similar to how dan knew that he wanted haynesworth before he was officially "allowed" to talk to him.

And jerry gray can't even coach a secondary properly, what makes you think he could be a head coach?

i misread your post and i am a moron. I concur

Why would he lack credibility? He simply said the process is happening. He didn't say it had just begun or that it would take a long time. All he said is the kind of guy he wanted and that they would do their best to find and hire him.

He made it sound as if the search was just beginning

I didn't get that from this press conference at all. Like, were we watching the same presser?

No one is going to challenge Bruce's credibility over this at all. Let's get Shanny and Son in here and get the ball rolling asap.

Why will be lose credibility?

He stated that the 2010 season starts NOW, waiting one week means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

The Skins now have one voice that speaks louder than any time since Snyder has owned the team. Run with it.

Nothing to see here.

There is no reason to not have all of the pieces together as soon as possible. The quicker Mike and Kyle start the process of installing this offense and getting the coaching staff together the better.

Exactly, the earlier the better. Preparation is key in the NFL.

Archived