Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't think you can name a new coach this week.

Touch of Class 17

Allen is not going to go through the charade of a coaching search when he has a pissed-off' date=' two-time Super Bowl winner itching to come here.

His credibility is this: "I just hired Mike Goddamn Shanahan."[/quote']

Simply awesome :hysterical:

Based on Bruce Allen's statements I believe naming a coach this week would undermine his credibility. He made it sound as if the search was just beginning it would look real weird if they named a coach tomorrow.

With that being said, is there a chance that someone else gets the job? Yesterday Jerry Gray talked a lot about passion and the players knowing the history of the Redskins. Allen echoed those same ideas today Hmmmmmm...

Dude you are out the loop like i don't know what.....Let me riddle you this...Naw, i'll let the pagan god Odin deal with this..peace!

;)

It would be golden if Shanny pulled a Martin lawrence from Blue Streak and said, "I'm a diehard Redskin, through and through." reporter: A Redskin, diehard?"

"yep, I'm here to represent the burgundy, the white and..*looks back* the gold!"

Classic!

I don't think Redskins One was in Denver for nothing today. They knew Zorn was a goner and have been researching for his replacement for a while now. Similar to how Dan knew that he wanted Haynesworth before he was officially "allowed" to talk to him.

And Jerry Gray can't even coach a secondary properly, what makes you think he could be a head coach?

Is Shanny still living in Denver? Do we know that for sure?

Presser may not happen til Thursday now. Depends on how long it takes to iron out details & some other things.

Course, you are assuming that he's in a hurry to sign anywhere. Given that he's still getting paid, I probably wouldn't be in a big hurry.

Course, the "excitement" of yet again bringing in a retread mystifies me. I guess people here are mesmerized by big names as Snyder is. Yeah, that's change I can believe in. :doh:

Course, the "excitement" of yet again bringing in a retread mystifies me. I guess people here are mesmerized by big names as Snyder is. Yeah, that's change I can believe in. :doh:

What problem do you have with Snyder errr, should I say Allen and Snyder bringing in a proven HC?

What problem do you have with Snyder errr, should I say Allen and Snyder bringing in a proven HC?

It shows little imagination and feels more like fantasy football. Also, the fact that such head coaches don't often replicate their success with other teams and that Shanahan hasn't won anything without Elway at QB doesn't thrill me with excitement.

Course, some of the sheeple on here will be all agog about it (if it happens). Nothing to get the fanbase back in line with the signing of a big name. Call me when we actually stick with something for more than two years.

Wait, what did you do with the poster known as theLongshot?! Where is the irrepressible homerism and ability to deftly fend off any criticism of most aspects of the team?

Now you're a sullen critic?

EDIT: Wow, that response is even more strange. So you think Snyder's issue is fantasy football? Not going after people who establish winning cultures for a team and have proven it before and have a good offensive mind to correct the offensive woes the team has suffered through?

It shows little imagination and feels more like fantasy football. Also, the fact that such head coaches don't often replicate their success with other teams and that Shanahan hasn't won anything without Elway at QB doesn't thrill me with excitement.

Course, some of the sheeple on here will be all agog about it (if it happens). Nothing to get the fanbase back in line with the signing of a big name. Call me when we actually stick with something for more than two years.

Igamination? How about the team is in disarray. Do you think the probablity of the team rebuilding and being turned around into a functional organization and having players who have been in a cancerous environment go all in with a new regime is more likely to happen under a new and unproven HC or a guy who has led a team to 2 SBs - back to back. If it is SO easy, then why haven't tons of other teams have done it? To your point, Elway never won without Shanahan either.

Mike Shanahan is a proven leader. This team needs someone to change the mentality of this team. The foundation is not strong. There is going to be more doubt in players mind with another Zorn type of hire, or even someone who is a bit more qualified. Shanahan will command respect and has earned it. Players will respond.

Its one thing to sign a big name player, but another to do it with a proven 2 times SB winning HC.

I don't think it matters because it was in the making and discussed prior to Zorn's firing that Shanahan and Allen wanted to work together and both men were in agreement. So Vinny was fired, Allen was hired, and any time Shanahan comes in doesn't change anything. When he said weighing things it could have been other parts of the coaching staff/front office etc. Already having his head coach of choice in mind.

And some folks just like to complain and stay in a bunch so they are never disappointed when things don't work out so they poo poo everything. Allen and Shanahan in tandem is better than what was in place, if that happens how about letting them work and see what happens before being doomed about it.

And some folks just like to complain and stay in a bunch so they are never disappointed when things don't work out so they poo poo everything. Allen and Shanahan in tandem is better than what was in place, if that happens how about letting them work and see what happens before being doomed about it.

1000x agreed....I don't know about anybody else, but I've felt more optimism in the last week than I remember in years....Little Napoleon's apology was almost downright believable, and now not oly bringing in Bruce Allen, but hopefully combinining it with Shanahan a REAL football guy and PROVEN head coach? It's ON for me....hell I might even finally go get a new jersey, a tradition I broke this year for the first time in a long time out of sheer apathy....

Archived