Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry not playing Wk17?

SkinnedAussie

LMAO from rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4178

pixel.gifRedskins FS LaRon Landry (concussion) is not expected to play in Week 17.

Landy had another big year in 2009, racking up 89 tackles and forcing a pair of fumbles, although he still isn't picking off many passes. He remains an outstanding cover safety and leader of Washington's No. 5 pass defense.

you guys are so funny. classless

:violin:

Maybe if he played half-way decent people wouldn't be so critical. Laron Landry is everything that is wrong with the 2009 Redskins.

And by the way, it's classless to make fun of his "concussion"; it's PARODY when you make fun of his absence.

Learn the difference.

I don't remember a response like this when we heard that Portis was out for the season.

That's because there wasn't one. Portis doesn't act like an ass everytime he touches the ball, which, in a season like this one, can make all the difference...scratch that, HAS made all the difference.

Get well LaRon. hopefully the next regime can get you lined up and playing like you're capable of.

I think that will be the case... He's got incredible talent and athleticism... He's playing out of position because he's the best at the position on our team... we need a real FS... keep him at the line...

I like Laron as a player and hope that he stays and improves in another system but what makes me absolutely sick is that we drafted him #6 overall and Pro Bowlers Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, Darrelle Revis, Michael Griffin and Jon Beason were all still on the board. Taking AP or trading down looks so much better in hindsight.

Even worse is the year we took Carlos Rogers at #9. Would sure like to have 1st round Pro Bowlers Ware, Merriman, Jammal Brown, Aarron Rodgers, Roddy White, or Logan Mankins who all came after him.

I like Laron as a player and hope that he stays and improves in another system but what makes me absolutely sick is that we drafted him #6 overall and Pro Bowlers Adrian Peterson, Patrick Willis, Marshawn Lynch, Darrelle Revis, Michael Griffin and Jon Beason were all still on the board. Taking AP or trading down looks so much better in hindsight.

Even worse is the year we took Carlos Rogers at #9. Would sure like to have 1st round Pro Bowlers Ware, Merriman, Jammal Brown, Aarron Rodgers, Roddy White, or Logan Mankins who all came after him.

They were not pro bowlers when they were drafted. Draft is a crap shoot.

I agree with the criticism he has received this season, but we should give him another chance next year. He made the mistake early on by not coming to voluntary workouts. Didn't he miss some of training camp as well? Let him have a chance under a new d coordinator, with his new ideas and schemes and see how LL is utilized. Hopefully, he came in with a better work ethic next season. If he doesn't play better, let him go.

Because the only people who didn't know those guys would go on to be Pro Bowlers was the Washington FO.

Nobody saw Merriman and Ware wreaking havoc as 3-4 OLBs. Same goes for any of those guys. In fact, Mankins was actually a reach, he was never graded a 1st Rounder. The Patriots were simply either lucky or brilliant.

At the time of the selection, nobody had a problem with drafting the best DB in the draft hands down.

Archived