Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Droid Apps

SIXX99

get the light saber app!!! that **** is badass.

also the fart app, lol (this is recommended by my boyfriend, not me)

Lol the fart one is sweet, I have it. It has like a timer built in so you can set your phone down and then get up and let it rip.

• 7 months later...

bumpin this since i got myself a droid.

tell me some of the better apps. so far i've got facebook, the lightsaber app, the police scanner, bump, google skymap, google maps, barcode scanner, a fantasy football app that supports yahoo leagues and a couple others.

I'm waiting on an official yahoo fantasy sports app, and a Netflix app and i'll be straight.

bumpin this since i got myself a droid.

tell me some of the better apps. so far i've got facebook, the lightsaber app, the police scanner, bump, google skymap, google maps, barcode scanner, a fantasy football app that supports yahoo leagues and a couple others.

I'm waiting on an official yahoo fantasy sports app, and a Netflix app and i'll be straight.

The movies App that (I think) comes preloaded does Netflix, just go to My Movies, you can add movies to your queue and such from there.

My favorites:

aCar - good for tracking maintenance, etc

dolphin browser - fast and clean browser

Live Holdem - Live Texas Hold-em against real people

Nfl Mobile - Watch Nfl network live and see video/articles

Scorecenter - ESPNs sports app

Skyfire - browser that supports flash

Yelp - Ratings of stuff

Twitter - follow all the redskins coverage

ESPN Score Center (great widget)

RockPlayer (Plays all Video Types)

A Online Radio (Stream Radio from anywhere)

Fandango (Buy Movie Ticket)

File manager (Browse your SD Card like a pc)

Frozen Bubble (Fun Game)

MeetroDC (DC Area Metro App)

MixZing (Nice Music Player)

MyTris (Tetris Clone)

Pandora (Personalized Streaming music)

MotoTorchLED (App + Widget that activates the camera flash like a flashlight)

Zedge (Ringtones and Wallpapers)

it's called Fantasy Guru

and hey ffxdrummer...is NFL Mobile free? NFL Network on the go sounds alright. oh and i don't think My Movies came preloaded. Is that the actual name of the app?

Yeah NFL has an exclusive deal with Verizon so any Verizon smart phone can get NFL Mobile. The catch is that if you want to watch videos you have to pay an extra $10/month for V-Cast.

Yeah NFL has an exclusive deal with Verizon so any Verizon smart phone can get NFL Mobile. The catch is that if you want to watch videos you have to pay an extra $10/month for V-Cast.

I don't pay anything extra and I've always been able to watch all the videos. Is it included in the $29.99/mo unlimited data plan that I'm required to have for the Droid?

I don't pay anything extra and I've always been able to watch all the videos. Is it included in the $29.99/mo unlimited data plan that I'm required to have for the Droid?

I think the videos are free for the preseason but once the season starts you'll have to pay for V-Cast.

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/nfl/Site.aspx#/home

On the website it says starting 9/1, a $10 monthly V Cast Video On Demand subscription is required to view video content.

Its on the right hand side about halfway down.

I think the videos are free for the preseason but once the season starts you'll have to pay for V-Cast.

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/nfl/Site.aspx#/home

On the website it says starting 9/1, a $10 monthly V Cast Video On Demand subscription is required to view video content.

Its on the right hand side about halfway down.

Well-played, Verizon, well-played.

This is a thread I was thinking of starting a few months ago. Now that the droid army is growing, this should be a "Sticky" or thread we refer to for now on. I think we should change it to everything droid and apps. Here are some great apps I like:

Yelp-Great for looking for business phone numbers and reviews

Where- Same as yelp but more features

Google Places- Similar to Where and Yelp

AP Mobile (official App)- News

NY TIMES (official App)- News

USA Today (official App)- News

Fox news (official App)-News

Fox Business (Official App)-News

Time (official App)- News

CBS News (official App)- News

Ebay (official App)- obvious

TMZ (Offical App)- News and Gossip

IMDB- (Official App)- Movie database

E Online (Official App)- News and Gossip

Tip Cal- Calculates tip for you

Engadget (Official App)- tech news

Scanner Radio- You can listen in on your local Police Scanners

Currency Converter- Converts currency and does so with the current market.

NPR (Official App)- This is a great app, because it allows you listen Live to your local NPR station or your favorite NPR show on your droid. Also, it functions as a news app.

Opera Mini- super fast browser, way way faster than the stock browser (even with froyo 2.2 update). However, it does not render as well.

Trapster- Tells you where all of the speed and red light cameras are.

Internet Radio- these are a must, and great to listen too, however the sound quality is 64k.

Last FM

Pandora

Slacker

GET A TASK KILLER- Many of your programs will try to run in the background, which will kill you battery and eat system resources.

Archived