Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Droid Apps

SIXX99

Are you reporting the video problem when you run into it? I have been using it only to view videos on www.gamtrailers.com.

It's no popping up as an error or anything, just not recognizing that there is a video on the screen, then I get frustrated, go to my computer, watch the video, and hope someone else takes care of it for me. No luck so far, but I think if I keep trying I can really make a difference.

• 1 month later...
I've just started to really use my Droid as an MP3 player but hate the sound that the Droid puts out. Does anyone know of any apps with maybe an EQ and MP3 player?

PowerAMP and Winamp are 2 of the better ones. PowerAMP I think its $5 and Winamp is free.

I've been thinking about using mine as an mp3 player too. Anyone know of any good iTunes sync apps?

PowerAMP and Winamp are 2 of the better ones. PowerAMP I think its $5 and Winamp is free.

I've been thinking about using mine as an mp3 player too. Anyone know of any good iTunes sync apps?

Try DoubleTwist. The PC application can sync music, video, podcasts, playlists, etc and there is even an upgrade that lets you sync wirelessly. The only issue I have with DoubleTwist is that it copied the hideous iTunes UI.

I would actually recommend buying an album on Amazon and getting their 20 GB of cloud storage for free. That way you can upload music to them and just stream it and don't have to worry about space on your SD card. I find it easy to use and the Amazon MP3 player is actually very good.

AT&T doesn't allow sideloading of apps and the option to change app security is blocked on their phones, so I cannot use Amazon App Store.

---------- Post added April-13th-2011 at 03:23 PM ----------

I use Tweedeck also. I have no issues with it other than sometimes it just opens on it's own.

AT&T doesn't allow sideloading of apps and the option to change app security is blocked on their phones, so I cannot use Amazon App Store.

---------- Post added April-13th-2011 at 03:23 PM ----------

That's lame. Can you root?

I use Tweedeck also. I have no issues with it other than sometimes it just opens on it's own.

I haven't seen a true root for Samsung Galaxy S yet that does not require flashing. I am not comfortable flashing my phone. I will call and complain.

By the way if you like war games like RISK the Age of Conquest games are great. You can fine tune the gameplay to change it from macro managing to micro managing.

https://market.android.com/search?q=age+of+conquest&so=1&c=apps

I would suggest getting the demo which has the Europe map and is limited in options. I purchased the Age of Conquest: Europe and love it. There is an online version of it but that is like $4 a month. No thanks, one time fee would be better.

If you want a game that is very much like RISK I would suggest Landrule. It is free and has multiplayer.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pixamark.landrule&feature=search_result

• 3 weeks later...

Pandora, Angry Birds, Sudoku Free, AVG Antivirus, Flashlight, Bubble (good leveler), Funny Jokes.

I get more out of simple browser shortcuts, than I did some apps like Accuweather's.

Oh, and PDA net is a great way to get unfiltered internet access from your phone to your work PC, or your laptop when on vacation.

Hey gang, I am kind of new to this smartphone thing. I just got a new Droid X and wanted to get some feedback on the phone.

For now, I am not planning on using the internet capability; just the voice, texting, pictures, and video.

It looks like a lot of the apps mentioned above require the internet feature.

Are there any apps that can be loaded on to the phone that you all would recommend that don't need the internet?

Thanks for your feedback and any recommendations you can give.

• 10 months later...

Archived