Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Droid Apps

SIXX99

bumpin this since i got myself a droid.

tell me some of the better apps. so far i've got facebook, the lightsaber app, the police scanner, bump, google skymap, google maps, barcode scanner, a fantasy football app that supports yahoo leagues and a couple others.

I'm waiting on an official yahoo fantasy sports app, and a Netflix app and i'll be straight.

Advanced Task Killer is a very important app to have. Also App Brain, Key Ring, and Bump are awesome.

please explain.....

well first of all, using ATK can actually kill your battery faster by using it than not using it. Especially if you have things set to autokill tasks..

secondly, i know there have been people who have had to do a factory reset of their phone because something went awry with their ATK.

third, you can kill apps w/out an ATK by just going under settings --> applications.

anyways, an ATK may work great for some people and i did thorough research about them when I got my phone and most people advised to stay away from them since you don't really need them and problems could arise from using them.

when is 2.2 getting released for all droids? i want that ****

Depends on your manufacturer. HTC phones with their custom UI's and software seem to be really late/lax with the Android OS Updates.

Verizon and Motorola have been very good about them with all their devices.

All I can say is Google search "Android 2.2 Froyo + <MyDeviceName>" and see what people on the internet are saying.

when is 2.2 getting released for all droids? i want that ****

I have it right now, nothing spectacular on the first gen moto droid. Adds a faster stock browser (its still slow), two more home screens, install app to SD card function, tethering, wifi hot spot mode, possible better battery life and a faster operating system ( I haven't noticed a difference).

Android's App market will be even larger soon thanks to the app maker Google is making that allows non-techie people the ability to create applications without needing any knowledge of coding. I cannot find the article for the life of me right now but the gist of it said the BETA software was nowhere near ready for release (obviously) and that when Google can get the kinks ironed out that it will be a boon for the ever growing android app market.

I for one am excited about it.

Don't see how I survived pre-Droid These are my MUST haves:

Google Maps

Places

Navigation

Android Mate - app organizer, task killer, file manager all in one

Easy Root - works on the Droid X may not work on all phones for apps requiring root

Barnacle Wifi Tether - makes your phone a wifi hotspot w/out the provider fees!

AndroidVnc - VNC Client

PDANet - USB Tether (I have Sat internet so this lets me connect my desktop via my phone)

Don't see how I survived pre-Droid These are my MUST haves:

Google Maps

Places

Navigation

Android Mate - app organizer, task killer, file manager all in one

Easy Root - works on the Droid X may not work on all phones for apps requiring root

Barnacle Wifi Tether - makes your phone a wifi hotspot w/out the provider fees!

AndroidVnc - VNC Client

PDANet - USB Tether (I have Sat internet so this lets me connect my desktop via my phone)

BTW 2.2 supports tethering and wifi hot spot mode.

You might want to try going to settings and checking to see if there is an update for your system available.

says i'm up to date...

if the EVO runs sense and got the update then i would think the incredible should have it by now too...

does anyone with a Droid Incredible have 2.2 w/out rooting?

says i'm up to date...

if the EVO runs sense and got the update then i would think the incredible should have it by now too...

does anyone with a Droid Incredible have 2.2 w/out rooting?

Don't know what to tell you - I just hit my notifications button a couple of weeks ago and it was there.

Archived