Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Droid Apps

SIXX99

yes, the moto droid is only available on Verizon. I have not used tethering with 2.2 yet (I see the function under setting/wireless&networks). However, I have used the easy tether app; I get about a 1-1.5MB connection with a laptop.

Nice speed :) Easy Tether uses USB connection right? BTW, when did you get your 2.2 upgrade?

• 2 weeks later...
seriously, when are we getting the Netflix and Yahoo Fantasy Sports apps?

i'm waiting patiently over here.

oh and the 2.2 update for my lg ally would be nice as well.

Did yours come with the Movies App pre-loaded? My original droid did, and that has built in Netflix capability (Manage queue, add/drop movies, etc)

hey, i have a fantasy draft next sunday.

i won't be by a computer, can i draft on my phone? i have the droid incredible

if it needs to run flash, i'm guessing you won't be able to do it unless you've updated to froyo 2.2 on your device. even then, i'm still not positive.

i'm not the savviest of droid users yet, so i could be wrong. Someone other than myself may know better.

you can always try opening the browser and seeing if it will let you do a mock draft from wherever you're league is being hosted.

Did yours come with the Movies App pre-loaded? My original droid did, and that has built in Netflix capability (Manage queue, add/drop movies, etc)

Yeah i have the movies app that lets me access my queue and all. But i want an official app dammit. lol

seriously, when are we getting the Netflix and Yahoo Fantasy Sports apps?

i'm waiting patiently over here.

oh and the 2.2 update for my lg ally would be nice as well.

I had the Yahoo Football app for BlackBerry last year and it was horrible! I would just use the internt browser and check that way because it updated quicker and was easier to use. So unless they've made big changes to this year's Yahoo app, I'll prolly do the same. Granted it could be different for Android, but I don't know.

aw snap! logged in to check a couple Yahoo fantasy leagues this morning and was greeted with a message that the Fantasy app is now available at the market for Android!

So far, better than the Fantasy Guru app i was using. Although this is football specific. Fantasy guru says hockey is coming Sept 5th. So hopefully Yahoo can keep pace and i won't have to keep 2 fantasy apps on my phone.

Now Android, get me Netflix and my 2.2 update.

I had the Yahoo Football app for BlackBerry last year and it was horrible! I would just use the internt browser and check that way because it updated quicker and was easier to use. So unless they've made big changes to this year's Yahoo app, I'll prolly do the same. Granted it could be different for Android, but I don't know.

well after a full 3 minutes of use...so far so good with the android app. lol

can someone with 2.2 please try and launch the draft application from yahoo?

i'm wondering if the full flash support that comes w/2.2 will run a live draft from your phone b/c flash lite with 2.1 will not.

when i click "test my system" it says the test was successful, however it won't load the draft application.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just got me the Samsung Fascinate and, it is MONEY!

I am now in the Droid family and to be honest with you, there is no need for an ipod/iphone in my household.

Anyone heard of if there is a way to root the fascinate yet, I know they just came out, but it would be nice to get it done.

So I just got me the Samsung Fascinate and, it is MONEY!

I am now in the Droid family and to be honest with you, there is no need for an ipod/iphone in my household.

Anyone heard of if there is a way to root the fascinate yet, I know they just came out, but it would be nice to get it done.

Can someone explain to me what "rooting" is and why i should do it? I have a droid phone that is not getting froyo 2.2, ever, apparently. i don't care about playing games, but i want my phone to sync with my work computer and outlook, etc., really well.

thoughts? how can i root it, sucessfully?

Rooting you phone in a nutshell is basically jailbreaking your Droid phone. It gives you root access, which is in essence programming ability. You are able to turn your phone into a wifi hot-spot for free (free tethering). There are other apps that require root access, ones that can conserve a TON of battery and optimize your processor speed.

The devices we have essentially have governors on them. This is so verizon can have additional charges, as well as unlimited data plans. If all of the devices were running at optimal levels verizon would have no choice but to switch to limited data usage plans because the not no geeky would be hogging bandwidth constantly streaming media. The devices we use out of the box are operating at roughly 60%. This is another reason why I hope the iphone DOESN'T come to verizon. The amount of apple fanbois that will switch to verizon will slow down the network and verizon will be forced to switch to limited data plans. I am content with my droid and will be happier once the phone is rooted.

Archived