Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Perfect Storm?(Cowher)

Jeffro

Football Coach Scoop is reporting that Shanahan has already brought on Mike Zimmer as part of his staff. Just FYI

If this is true, I'm praying that Shanahan is named the Skins new head coach ASAP. With Shanny's offense and Zimmer's defense, the Skins will definitely be heading in the right direction.

He's expected to win in the playoffs. If he can't do that with the team he has, then he's probably gone.

Seconded. He hasn't won a playoff game as a head coach, if he loses on wild card weekend, then he can kiss his ass goodbye, and Cowher could become a possibility in Dallas, but I can't see JJ and Cowher co-existing.

I'd take Cowher over Shanny anyday. Cowher was Danny's first choice two years ago and I hope that this whole carousel has been a smoke screen waiting for his guy. Maybe Cowher brings Russ Grimm as Asst. HC/OC and Jim Haslett as DC. That combo trumps anything that that Coors Drinking, Denver Nugget hugging, Rocky Mountain climbing, snow blinded excuse of a coach can bring here.

I'd take Cowher over Shanny anyday. Cowher was Danny's first choice two years ago and I hope that this whole carousel has been a smoke screen waiting for his guy. Maybe Cowher brings Russ Grimm as Asst. HC/OC and Jim Haslett as DC. That combo trumps anything that that Coors Drinking, Denver Nugget hugging, Rocky Mountain climbing, snow blinded excuse of a coach can bring here.

Cowher was Danny's first choice 2 years ago because Shanahan wasn't available. Cowher is a good, solid defensive coach; however, the Skins need Shanahan now because we need his offensive genius to make this team a success. The defense is solid as it is, and will compliment Shanahan's offense greatly. The one thing Shanny lacked in Denver his last couple of years was a solid defense.

Think of it like this-

Not too many people saw us hiring Jim Zorn.

Not too many people saw Vinny getting canned.

Not too many people saw Bruce Allen getting the job.

With all the talk of Shanahan coming here, it would be a big surprise to see Cowher get the nod.

As for Zimmer already picked as Shanahans DC, I question this. Because if I understand correctly, we cant talk to zimmer till the seasons over, or at least we would have to get permission to talk with him.

Not saying that Zimmer wont be asked to be the DC, but I just dont believe its a done deal yet.

As for Zimmer already picked as Shanahans DC, I question this. Because if I understand correctly, we cant talk to zimmer till the seasons over, or at least we would have to get permission to talk with him.

Not saying that Zimmer wont be asked to be the DC, but I just dont believe its a done deal yet.

This stuff goes on all the time, often thru agents without "direct" client involvement.

However, Zimmer and the Bengals did discuss a new contract but it didn't happen so he'll be free in 2010.

Translation, they low balled him.

Shanny is NOT a Redskin representative in any legal sense so he can talk to Zimmer without anyone's permission.

Archived