Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coaching Perfect Storm?(Cowher)

Jeffro

Seems like Cowher's options are strinking.. with the report that he wants to coach in 2010 (http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/15401/cowher-coming-back) And the fact that he's turned down the Bills, and now the report that John Fox is safe (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4776316) Reports are that Lovie is safe, and with Dallas ruling out Shanny and then getting in the playoffs it seems like that job is safe..

Guess we're the only guy in town who can pay the big money for a coach.

So with that, do you think with Cowher itching to coming back we would switch focus to Cowher vs Shanny?

Seems like everyone and their grandma has Shanny locked here which is fine with me, but I just wonder how this Cowher thing will play out here. (maybe not at all)

I tell you, it sure is nice to have good options vs where we were last search.

Seems like Cowher's options are strinking.. with the report that he wants to coach in 2010 (http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/15401/cowher-coming-back) And the fact that he's turned down the Bills, and now the report that John Fox is safe (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4776316) Reports are that Lovie is safe, and with Dallas ruling out Shanny and then getting in the playoffs it seems like that job is safe..

So with that, do you think with Cowher itching to coming back we would switch focus to Cowher vs Shanny?

Seems like everyone and their grandma has Shanny locked here which is fine with me, but I just wonder how this Cowher thing will play out here. (maybe not at all)

Yes this is awesome...it reminds me of a movie in my childhood. Honey I Strunk the Kids. So similar...

I'd be real surprised if the Bears don't make a change. Phillips is probably safe in Dallas. He'd done what he was asked to do in giving them a top end D, and if they win the division next week that just cements it.

I'd be real surprised if Shanahan's not ensconced here in a week or so's time, but it sure is nice to have top flight options that are willing to consider us again as viable places to coach again.

Hail.

I'd be real surprised if the Bears don't make a change. Phillips is probably safe in Dallas. He'd done what he was asked to do in giving them a top end D, and if they win the division next week that just cements it.

I'd be real surprised if Shanahan's not ensconced here in a week or so's time, but it sure is nice to have top flight options that are willing to consider us again as viable places to coach again.

Hail.

Yeah, I see them needing a change too but whether they will eat the rumored 25mil it will take to rid the GM and Lovie, and then pay Cowher? Not sure they will open the wallet, they are a cheap bunch.

Just an interesting fact last summer I got invited to the white house front-lawn, for a Father days cookout. They had 500 high school seniors and a bunch of notable role models like tony hawk, dwayne wade, and randle el, and Bill Cowher, and a bunch of others. they split us into groups of 5 to a table and one "role model". I was placed at a table with Bill Cowher, and of course I asked him what he thought about coaching for the redskins, he didnt answer my question but he went on about how Snyder interfered alot.

I can't possibly see how the Bears keep Lovie, and Cowher would be a perfect fit there imo. And with Holmgren now President of the Browns I could see him breaking off Mangini and wanting his own guy. Cowher played for the Browns and was an assistant coach there, so he's big in that town although that might be weird for him since he was the Steelers coach for such a long time. However both franchises are cheap, so I don't know if either would be willing to pay Cowher what he would want, so his options are limited. The worst news for Cowher is that John Fox is keeping his job in Carolina.

Just an interesting fact last summer I got invited to the white house front-lawn, for a Father days cookout. They had 500 high school seniors and a bunch of notable role models like tony hawk, dwayne wade, and randle el, and Bill Cowher, and a bunch of others. they split us into groups of 5 to a table and one "role model". I was placed at a table with Bill Cowher, and of course I asked him what he thought about coaching for the redskins, he didnt answer my question but he went on about how Snyder interfered alot.

Remember that Marty criticized Danny in 2000 and then came here as coach anyway. Not that I think Cowher would come here, and Shanny looks locked in here, but just saying.

Dallas needs to win at least 1 playoff game before Phillips is safe IMO.

Phillips is anything but safe in Dallas. If he loses to Philly next week or gets beaten in the playoffs, he's gone IMO. I see Dallas in the market for a new HC and it won't be Garrett. At least, that's what I see.

A little :ot:, and I have no vested interest here, save for hoping he stays as I don't rate him personally; but just what more is he expected to do?

He's taken over the defense and giving Dallas something they were missing, a top end unit; returned them to the playoffs, and is on the verge of a divisional title for only the 4th time since the last SB win 16 seasons back.

Seem's to me he's done everything asked of him.

Hail.

A little :ot:, and I have no vested interest here, save for hoping he stays as I don't rate him personally; but just what more is he expected to do?

He's taken over the defense and giving Dallas something they were missing, a top end unit; returned them to the playoffs, and is on the verge of a divisional title for only the 4th time since the last SB win 16 seasons back.

Seem's to me he's done everything asked of him.

Hail.

He's expected to win in the playoffs. If he can't do that with the team he has, then he's probably gone.

Archived