Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YAY! We're now 5th.

armyofme

I see the skins tied with Cleveland for the 55th pick currently. Is the tie breaker strength of schedule? If so I'd think our SOS is stronger than Clevelands and we would lose the 5th pick and draft in 6th.

Clevelands opponents 121-119 (after Vikings/Bears game...the Browns played both so I added 1-1).

Redskins opponents 120-120, or 1 game weaker. It will come down to next week, but it will be close.

Ravens and Steelers are figthing for the playoffs still and that would add +4 for the Browns. We'll see soon. Of course they could beat the Jags and we don't have to consider it at all.

OL is pointless if your QB can't succeed. Campbell hasn't shown he can win and Collins is too old to be a franchise QB. Redskins need a new face behind center.

That's backwards IMO...

QB is pointless without a stable o-line. Why try to acquire a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning if at best case they'll be lucky to get a 3-step drop off without getting creamed.

Not to mention having an almost non-existant running game.

That's backwards IMO...

QB is pointless without a stable o-line. Why try to acquire a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning if at best case they'll be lucky to get a 3-step drop off without getting creamed.

Not to mention having an almost non-existant running game.

True yet we are not 1 OL away from having a dominate line. Yea I agree we have to start somewhere...I think the start should be Free Agents. We need better QB play...Campbell is garbage and puts allot of the pressure on himself...very poor pocket awareness.

Shanny isnt coming in and drafting an OL when we need a QB and there are arguably two or three franchise QBs available. Get over OL in rd 1. We will take them rounds 2,4,5,6,7. OL in rounds 2-4 do very well in this league.

I have said this over and over and over! people get in a fuss at times saying how bad we need OL but we need someone who has the ability to putting our offense in position to scoring

I have said this over and over and over! people get in a fuss at times saying how bad we need OL but we need someone who has the ability to putting our offense in position to scoring

I'm all for getting Bradford if he's available, but are you seriously comfortable with a first OL that reads like this: with no LT under contract (assuming Levi Jones was a 1 year deal), Dockery, Rabach, a RG TBD, and Stephon Heyer?

That line might be okay against the Oaklands' and other teams that have terrible DLs, but it's not enough to compete with in the NFC East.

What if the redskins pick a safety? With Berry and Mays coming out. IF SuH and Okung go before the 5th pick and Its looking like the Rams will most likely pick a QB. IT could be possible

Picking a safety so high is ridiculous. Its not everyday you land an Ed Reed. I would think we should have learned from Landry to stay away from a safety that high.

Picking a safety so high is ridiculous. Its not everyday you land an Ed Reed. I would think we should have learned from Landry to stay away from a safety that high.

but that's the point THEY might pick Berry and they could chalk it up to picking the best play available. IMO Three Players are warranted a top 5 pick. SuH, Okung and Berry, it can be justified picking Berry.

We should be looking at rebuilding as a multi year process. The fifth pick is pretty high and it is difficult to pick that high unless you trade something or are pretty bad. If you put a new qb behind our line or one slightly better. They get killed and maybe ruined, However, if Jason starts & a new qb is on the bench they have a year to learn the system. If the talent is there take the qb After we resign JC. However, we must have at least two tackles and a guard and a backup center. So the pick will depend on the talent available at the pick or the trade down possibilities.

However, traditionally O & D lines are made solid before moving on to glamor picks. So after going back & forth, I would say, go hog wild, bring in asmuch on the oline as possible, another LB, and cb. Then go out and play. With just taking care of the oline we might be able to win something within 1-2 more seasons.

If Shanny signs, we already know he wanted to work with Allen. Probably because they're buddies and Shanny will have what he wants. He's going to want his guy running the O and he won't roll the dice with Campbell. At #5 we're going to take Shanny's handpicked QB.

If its Okung or Bradford or Clausen, I think Shanny will take Okung.

And then find a QB in later rounds.

If its Bradford/Clausen or any of the other OL, then I think he will take the QB and find some OL in later rounds and or FA.

One thing to concider is that Shanahan is not afraid to trade up. He did when he had the hots for Cutler. So there is the possabilty he may trade up, or trade next years first rounder. He would then grab a offensive lineman and a QB in the first round this year.

If its Okung or Bradford or Clausen, I think Shanny will take Okung.

And then find a QB in later rounds.

If its Bradford/Clausen or any of the other OL, then I think he will take the QB and find some OL in later rounds and or FA.

One thing to concider is that Shanahan is not afraid to trade up. He did when he had the hots for Cutler. So there is the possabilty he may trade up, or trade next years first rounder. He would then grab a offensive lineman and a QB in the first round this year.

That would work for me......pick a OL early...than snag a QB later in the first round

Archived