Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YAY! We're now 5th.

armyofme

We're currently at the 5th pick in the Spring Draft, after todays games have been completed. We moved from 5th to 6th and it could be very important in getting Russell Okung.

Right now we have

1. Rams

2. Lions

3. Bucs

4. Chiefs

5. Skins

Last year the top 5 were:

1. Lions...Stafford

2. Rams...OT Jason Smith

3. Chiefs...DE Tyson Jackson

4. Seahawks

5. Jets

Which of the 2010 top 4 will be interested in getting an OT which the Skins need. Let's look at the current OT for each of those teams.

1. Rams: Alex Barron (5 yr starter) Jason Smith (rookie starter)...not likely they'll take an OT. Too many other problems to address before bolstering this position.

2. Lions: Jeff Backus (9 yr vet) Goster Cherlius (2 yr starter) Lions need defensive help badly.

3. Bucs: Donald Penn and Jeremy Trueblood (both have 4 years time in the league) TB is hard to predict because they are similar to the Skins...they need help in any position and don't have leadership. Looking at their roster I'd say start working on the DL. This is what TB is known for..stingy D. Start rebuilding it.

4. Chiefs: Branden Albert (2 yr starter) Ryan O'Callahan (4yr exp in place of injured rookie) Chiefs need a running threat...Charles is not the man. they also traded away Larry Johnson.

3 of these 4 teams have drafted a premier OT in last 2 years.

1. Rams: DT Suh

2. Lions: DT McCoy

3. Bucs: S Mays or Berry. The Bucs are the team I'd be worried about. They are saying HC Morris might be gone and a new coach might go in a different direction. If the prime DL talent is gone they might go in a diff directions.

4. Chiefs: C.J. Spiller

I think the Rams are a lock to take a QB. They're going through an ownership change and have taken unsexy linemen the last two years(DL Chris Long two years ago, OL Jason Smith last year). They need that new "face of the franchise". Jimmy Clausen fits the bill of that charismatic gun slinger.

After that it's a toss up. As of now of the teams picking 2-4 you have listed, none of them will take a QB as they're heavily invested in the ones they've got already. So if you're in the draft a QB camp, you should be happy. But I'd really love to be able to trade down if some team is in love with Bradford or McCoy.

We're currently at the 5th pick in the Spring Draft, after todays games have been completed. We moved from 5th to 6th and it could be very important in getting Russell Okung.

Right now we have

1. Rams

2. Lions

3. Bucs

4. Chiefs

5. Skins

Last year the top 5 were:

1. Lions...Stafford

2. Rams...OT Jason Smith

3. Chiefs...DE Tyson Jackson

4. Seahawks

5. Jets

Which of the 2010 top 4 will be interested in getting an OT which the Skins need. Let's look at the current OT for each of those teams.

1. Rams: Alex Barron (5 yr starter) Jason Smith (rookie starter)...not likely they'll take an OT. Too many other problems to address before bolstering this position.

2. Lions: Jeff Backus (9 yr vet) Goster Cherlius (2 yr starter) Lions need defensive help badly.

3. Bucs: Donald Penn and Jeremy Trueblood (both have 4 years time in the league) TB is hard to predict because they are similar to the Skins...they need help in any position and don't have leadership. Looking at their roster I'd say start working on the DL. This is what TB is known for..stingy D. Start rebuilding it.

4. Chiefs: Branden Albert (2 yr starter) Ryan O'Callahan (4yr exp in place of injured rookie) Chiefs need a running threat...Charles is not the man. they also traded away Larry Johnson.

3 of these 4 teams have drafted a premier OT in last 2 years.

1. Rams: DT Suh

2. Lions: DT McCoy

3. Bucs: S Mays or Berry. The Bucs are the team I'd be worried about. They are saying HC Morris might be gone and a new coach might go in a different direction. If the prime DL talent is gone they might go in a diff directions.

4. Chiefs: C.J. Spiller

I wouldn't rush into saying that. I know three weeks don't make a career, but the guy has been playing like he belongs.

I think the Rams will trade down and take a QB.

The Lions do need defensive help, agreed. Delmas looks to be a stud, so I don't think they'll take a safety. Probably a DT is in their future.

Tampa does need a safety, but I think they need a receiver or DT more. Wouldn't be shocked with them taking a safety.

Chiefs have Jamaal Charles. I doubt they'll take Spiller especially that high. They need a safety badly, so I could see Berry going there.

Shanny isnt coming in and drafting an OL when we need a QB and there are arguably two or three franchise QBs available. Get over OL in rd 1. We will take them rounds 2,4,5,6,7. OL in rounds 2-4 do very well in this league.

what are you smoking? there is not a franchise QB in this years draft

I agree there is some 2nd and 3rd round talent for the OL. But we don't have a 3rd pick and we need to use the 1st round pick to solidify the OT position like we did with Samuels.

I had posted previously if we don't use the No. 1 on an OT like Okung then we need to use the FA market and get SD Charger McNeil.

As for the Shanny/QB idea: I don't see any of those top 4 QBs stepping in behind a young OL and learning. Look what happened to Sanchez and Stafford...less then stellar rookie seasons. I understand the necessity to get a face for the franchise but let's face it...the $100 million dollar Defense is currently the lead of this team.

There is one interesting QB I did see this year but he is not worth a draft pick...UAB QB Webb was amazing to watch...great delivery, big, strong and quick.

Shanny isnt coming in and drafting an OL when we need a QB and there are arguably two or three franchise QBs available. Get over OL in rd 1. We will take them rounds 2,4,5,6,7. OL in rounds 2-4 do very well in this league.
Like Dockery and Rinehart? Both are average/below average at best. Both Okung and Williams rate higher than Bradford and Bradford rates higher than all of the QB's. Even Bradford is a stretch at #5 and the other QB's are big stretches. BPA says you take either Okung or Williams before you take Bradford.

Like Dockery and Rinehart? Both are average/below average at best. Both Okung and Williams rate higher than Bradford and Bradford rates higher than all of the QB's. Any QB except Bradford is a stretch at #5 and the others are big strectches. And BPA says you take either Okung or Williams before you take Bradford.

No... like Loadholt and Vollmer.

Shanny will take a QB. If you win SBs with great LTs Cleveland would be a perennial playoff contender. So would Miami. You win with great QBs. If you dont have one, you keep going after one.

I agree there is some 2nd and 3rd round talent for the OL. But we don't have a 3rd pick and we need to use the 1st round pick to solidify the OT position like we did with Samuels.

I had posted previously if we don't use the No. 1 on an OT like Okung then we need to use the FA market and get SD Charger McNeil.

As for the Shanny/QB idea: I don't see any of those top 4 QBs stepping in behind a young OL and learning. Look what happened to Sanchez and Stafford...less then stellar rookie seasons. I understand the necessity to get a face for the franchise but let's face it...the $100 million dollar Defense is currently the lead of this team.

There is one interesting QB I did see this year but he is not worth a draft pick...UAB QB Webb was amazing to watch...great delivery, big, strong and quick.

Im not saying youre not making a good arguement. Im saying in the real world, Shanny will take a QB #1 if he can reasonably do it. OL will be addressed later in the draft. Its the most important position.

Sanchise is on the brink of leading his team to the playoffs. Atlanta with the third pick took Ryan and he led them to the playoffs.

This is fun and all to talk about but it's pointless. It's way to early to be saying where a player is going to go. By April this is all going to be different.

Hell don't you guys remember the mock drafts around this time that had the QB Woodsen from KY going to the Bears with like the 12th pick? He wasn't even drafted.

Anyone have Heyward-Bay going 7th overall in their mock draft last year around this time of year? This time last year, Duke Robinson from OK was considered a high first round pick, he went in the middle rounds.

Like I said, fun to talk about but this really is pointless.

Its going to be hard to decide between a Tackle or a QB. I wonder if they will draft for need or pick the best player available? 5th might land us Kong and that would be a really great pick up. It would solidify the Dline for a few years

The Rams will take a QB, I have no idea who, but they'll take someone, which means at best the Skins could take the 2nd best QB, which I don't think they'd do.

I don't see them spending a top 6 pick on a player that is 2nd best at his position. Especially since this isn't considered a draft that is full of stud QBs, they all have warts and none are considered to be can't miss at this point.

This is fun and all to talk about but it's pointless. It's way to early to be saying where a player is going to go. By April this is all going to be different.

Hell don't you guys remember the mock drafts around this time that had the QB Woodsen from KY going to the Bears with like the 12th pick? He wasn't even drafted.

Anyone have Heyward-Bay going 7th overall in their mock draft last year around this time of year? This time last year, Duke Robinson from OK was considered a high first round pick, he went in the middle rounds.

Like I said, fun to talk about but this really is pointless.

Isn't every single thing we talk about on a message board basically pointless?

THANK YOU! Don't forget Free Agency...

Shanny can find his smallish O-lineman anywhere

Archived