Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zimmer's name surfaces as potential defensive coordinator in D.C.

MAATopDogg

We are going to put together an all star coaching staff and FO and Snyder is going to back off and let them do their thing.

This is awesome.

Don't get me any more giddy than I am! Mike Shanahan HC, Kyle Shanahan OC, Mike Zimmer DC.

Please let it happen please let it happen please let it happen...

Anyone know if WR from Boston College is Shanahan's son? His name is also Mike Shanahan. But I never heard the announcers mention they were related.

According to Wikipedia, Shanahan's kids are Kyle and two daughters (one of whom was a college roommate with Jenna Bush haha random). Also, Shanny's Catholic-- I'm liking him more every day!!

As a Dallas Cowboys fan I can assure you that it is our sincere hope that you do end up with Zimmer. If you are a fan of non aggression, a ten yard cushion given up by your d.b's, the easiest blitz schemes in the NFL for opponents to pick up on, then you WILL Love Zimmer. Zimmer is to def co what Campbell is to QB'ing. A stat padder. Loads up stats on the EASY stuff, does NOTHING to actually make plays though. PLEASE let this happen....;)

As a Dallas Cowboys fan I can assure you that it is our sincere hope that you do end up with Zimmer. If you are a fan of non aggression, a ten yard cushion given up by your d.b's, the easiest blitz schemes in the NFL for opponents to pick up on, then you WILL Love Zimmer. Zimmer is to def co what Campbell is to QB'ing. A stat padder. Loads up stats on the EASY stuff, does NOTHING to actually make plays though. PLEASE let this happen....;)

A ten yard cushion is an improvement over our CBs current 12-15 yard cushions haha.

A ten yard cushion is an improvement over our CBs current 12-15 yard cushions haha.

I may have posted that as a little bit of a gotcha. Shouldnt have been that way really. But in all honesty what I said about Zimmer is true. We cowboys fans COULD NOT WAIT to see him go. Just letting you know what you MAY be getting into.

+1

Who will be the first Skins fan to join the international brotherhood of GROZ (Get Rid of Zimmer), founded in Dallas c 2006?

Replacing Slowik with Zimmer makes a Shanny regime instantly more palatable.

We are still in the doing penance mode, so any signs that Bruce Allen can assemble a professional team are positive. There are names being bandied about that a few weeks ago would never have considered coming to the Skins.

I expect and would not be upset at a transition coaching staff that just got us back to being able to genuinely compete for top talent instead of having to settle for the very few willing to swallow their pride for a paycheck. It is a little soon to think that there will be any Lombardis in the near future.

Archived