Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Downloading Music Question

Grizz

download from limewire and then open and save them in itunes (once you have them saved in itunes...delete from limewire)

Once you move the songs from limewire to itunes how do you save them because i tried deleting the songs from limewire that i already had transferred to my itunes but when I did that they could no longer be played in Itunes because the orignial source could not be found?

Once you move the songs from limewire to itunes how do you save them because i tried deleting the songs from limewire that i already had transferred to my itunes but when I did that they could no longer be played in Itunes because the orignial source could not be found?

What?

um...

limewire.com

no, its not legal. no, you wont get caught.

I can say that of the thousands of songs I have in my iTunes library, I have never paid to download any of them.

Don't use limewire - ever. Start using bit-torrents. People on this board actually taught me how to use them. A millions times better, fast, easier, and safer.

I actually buy most of my music now though. A lot of other music I get from my bothers or friends.

What?

Yeah that wasn't really clear haha here is what I meant. I have the songs in my limewire library and I now transfer them to iTunes. Since the songs are now in my iTunes library, I try to delete the songs in my Limewire library because I just transferred them to iTunes. But when I delete the songs in my Limewire library and now try to play them in my iTunes it says the original source cannot be found thus the song cant be played

Edit: And for the record I don't use limewire any more, usually buy the song or use a torrent

So it's ok to steal it the 2nd time around just because you paid for it once? How does that logic apply to the real world?

When you purchase a CD, you are purchasing a license for that song. Just because you lost the CD does not mean you have lost the right to the music. If you sell the CD, that's another story.

28911d1253562239-you-wouldnt-download-download-car.png

Actually if I got an Ipod/Zune/whatever, I'd probably illegally download the first batch (songs I know and love now), then switch over to Itunes when I was wanting 3 or 4 songs a week... Because if I were to shell out $400 or whatever for an MP3 player, I don't want to shell out another $700 for songs just to get the damn thing running...

When you purchase a CD, you are purchasing a license for that song. Just because you lost the CD does not mean you have lost the right to the music. If you sell the CD, that's another story.

Unless you have a receipt how do you prove that you owned it?

And let's be honest, people that are downloading illegally aren't just replacing songs they used to own.

Unless you have a receipt how do you prove that you owned it?

And let's be honest, people that are downloading illegally aren't just replacing songs they used to own.

Who cares if he can prove he owns it? In this case you're saying that what he's doing is WRONG because he lost the CD. You're saying that even though he owns the license to the music, he should have to pay for it again because he lost it.

So it's ok to steal it the 2nd time around just because you paid for it once? How does that logic apply to the real world?

All he is doing is making another copy of the music he has already purchased the license for. He is not going to a store and swiping a CD off a bookshelf, he's simply making a digital copy of the music that he owns the license to.

Who cares if he can prove he owns it? In this case you're saying that what he's doing is WRONG because he lost the CD. You're saying that even though he owns the license to the music, he should have to pay for it again because he lost it.

All he is doing is making another copy of the music he has already purchased the license for. He is not going to a store and swiping a CD off a bookshelf, he's simply making a digital copy of the music that he owns the license to.

I know you figure the crime is so widespread that you will never get caught.

Your reasoning would never hold up in court.

Fortunately for you it's a crime that won't be prosecuted.

I wouldn't try to excuse it. I don't know anyone that goes to those "free" sites only to download songs they once purchased in their life.

I know you figure the crime is so widespread that you will never get caught.

Your reasoning would never hold up in court.

Fortunately for you it's a crime that won't be prosecuted.

I'm not talking about law enforcement or anything like that, I'm talking about the morality of this particular situation. I'm also not talking about myself.

I wouldn't try to excuse it. I don't know anyone that goes to those "free" sites only to download songs they once purchased in their life.

Again, we're talking about this scenerio, no need for a strawman. in this one hypothetical scenario, I don't see there being any questionable morality involved. The differences between copying the files from your own CD to your computer before losing the CD and downloading the files after losing the CD are minimal.

I'm not talking about law enforcement or anything like that, I'm talking about the morality of this particular situation. I'm also not talking about myself.

Again, we're talking about this scenerio, no need for a strawman. in this one hypothetical scenario, I don't see there being any questionable morality involved. The differences between copying the files from your own CD to your computer before losing the CD and downloading the files after losing the CD are minimal.

This isn't walking into a grocery store and replacing a lost item.

This is participating in a illegal enterprise on the premise that you are replacing a lost item that you claim is rightfully yours.

Your dealing in an illegal enterprise, not authorized to publish music, most of which was gotten in an illegal means. In addition, you can't even be sure the version you download is the same version you had your original "rights" too. The whole process is illegal.

If you want to do it, it's your choice. Trying to defend it isn't a great idea. It's illegal in all aspects.

The differences between copying the files from your own CD to your computer before losing the CD and downloading the files after losing the CD are minimal.

I can sort of understand the thought behind this. But if the CD were so important, why would you not make a copy of it when you first got the CD?

Also, if the CD was so great, why not just buy it again?

This isn't walking into a grocery store and replacing a lost item.

This is participating in a illegal enterprise on the premise that you are replacing a lost item that you claim is rightfully yours.

Your dealing in an illegal enterprise, not authorized to publish music, most of which was gotten in an illegal means. In addition, you can't even be sure the version you download is the same version you had your original "rights" too. The whole process is illegal.

If you want to do it, it's your choice. Trying to defend it isn't a great idea. It's illegal in all aspects.

:yawnee:

Don't use limewire - ever. Start using bit-torrents. People on this board actually taught me how to use them. A millions times better, fast, easier, and safer.

I actually buy most of my music now though. A lot of other music I get from my bothers or friends.

Ill use torrents if im looking for an album or a large quantity of music, but if I want just one song im going to continue to use limewire.

Im not going to give the industry what it wants. Downloading music on iTunes is a scam. Why sell mp3 players that can hold thousands of songs if you really expect people to pay for every one of them? I certainly wont, and Apple is probably hoping for that.

Apple will make much more money if music is downlaoded illegally. They will make more money off the sale of an ipod than the download of one song. If people were not able to illegally download, there would probably be a significant drop off in ipod sales.

Archived