Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ultimate insult to Snyder would be Norv winning it all (MET)

Louskins9193

The ultimate insult to Snyder would be that Norv Turner and the San Diego Chargers go all the way and win the Super Bowl. As Norv goes to the podium he says thank you to all his friends and family but I would like to thank Daniel Snyder most of all, for firing me ten years ago. Snyder did the Man wrong and I believe he is paying the price, what goes around comes around I always say!

The ultimate insult to Snyder would be that Norv Turner and the San Diego Chargers go all the way and win the Super Bowl. As Norv goes to the podium he says thank you to all his friends and family but I would like to thank Daniel Snyder most of all, for firing me ten years ago. Snyder did the Man wrong and I believe he is paying the price, what goes around comes around I always say!

Norv had 7 years here to get the job done. Norv did nothing. Petitbon went 4-12 his first year and they fired him. Norv turner went 3-13 his firs year and 4-12 his next year and they kept him for longer. What snyder did to lavar was wrong and he should be paying the price for that. You cut lavar for a bum named warrick holdman and he clearly sucked. Your always excuse for benching lavar in favor of warrick holdman was that warrick holdman looked good in practice.

BS. The fact that the SD team still hasn't been to the Super Bowl shows you how bad of a coach Norv is. If they get it this year, it will be about time. thier talent level is probably the best in the NFL for probably the 3rd to 4th straight year.

At some point, you are what your record is. Norvs record is 88-98. His 3rd best record in 12 years was 1999, under Snyder. He has had only 3 years of winning 10 games or more in a season and half of his seasons were losing records.

Norv got his revenge on Snyder in 2005 when he coached Oakland and he beat Joe Gibbs's Redskins. However since he's been the head coach of the San Diego Chargers, Norv has been on a roll. There was only one reason Norv couldn't win in Washington, and that's because the defense was very bad back then. With the Chargers, Norv has a great defense in place. But someday Norv will be a Super Bowl winning coach.

I don't really understand why there's the level of Norv bashing on here that there is. He never had anything to work with his first 5 years, and when he finally had a QB to work with Brad Johnson threw for 4,000 yards and the Skins won the division and a playoff game. 2000 was a circus created by Snyder and that season was lost in training camp. You can't count the Skeleton Davis years because other than Chucky no one has won there in the last 25 years (Art Shell had a good season or two), and that organization since Chucky left has been complete garbage. Norv made some mistakes as head coach, but I don't think he deserves the bashing that he's gotten on these boards.

naw Norv got a damn Ferrari handed to him, and the pieces were in place by Marty Schottenheimer.

WTF?! A Ferrari? The 1994 Skins were a Ferrari apparently and Heath Shuler was Michael Schumacher.

Believe it or not Norv Turner was the last coach who actually had an offense around here. He's a great coach, just not a HC.

I've gone back and forth on Norv.

I defended him back when he was our coach.

I bashed him pretty good after he was gone.

I now think he's somewhere in the middle.

He's not nearly as bad as some people choose to remember him but he's not nearly as good as his record with San Diego makes him out to be.

He's a strong offensive coordinator who isn't a great leader of men. He seems to have found the perfect situation to accent his strengths and minimize his weaknesses (for now) out there in San Diego.

I never had a problem with the man personally. He always seemed like a good guy so if he were to win the Super Bowl this season, I'd be happy for him.

The thing that blew me away is that if Norv sticks around next year in San Diego, he should get to 100 wins as an NFL head coach.

As of right now there are only 38 other men in the history of the NFL who can make that claim to have coached 100 wins (or more). Norv can become number 39. No way in hell did I see that happening when he was canned 9 years ago.

BS. The fact that the SD team still hasn't been to the Super Bowl shows you how bad of a coach Norv is. If they get it this year, it will be about time. thier talent level is probably the best in the NFL for probably the 3rd to 4th straight year.

And getting to the SB is a piece of cake right? I mean it's not like he has to deal with the Colts, Steelers & Patriots every year right?

They don't have the best talent in the NFL, the Saints, Colts & Vikings are ahead of them in that area, and LT is pretty much washed up. Shawn Merriman basically missed the entire season last year and Antonio Gates is healthy this season for basically the first time since Norv has been there. He's lost to the 17-0 Patriots and the Super Bowl champion Steelers the last two years in the playoffs, and he's beaten Peyton Manning each of the last two years in the playoffs. Do you want to bash Don Shula for only getting to one Super Bowl in 13 years with Dan Marino and all of the talent the Dolphins had?

I'm not saying that Norv is Joe Gibbs or Vince Lombardi, but give the guy credit for doing what he's done there.

When Norv started getting it right Snyder fired him. Look at coaches like Bellachick he was a horrible coach in Cleaveland and became a very good coach. From getting fired you do learn and there is a possibility you might become a better coach.

He did more with SD than Marty.

This is Norv Turner you are talking about.

Again, this is Norv Turner you are talking about. When he losses in the playoffs make sure you bump this thread and let me know how that SB victory run is going.

And, the skins owner is just plain bad. Turner is on a long list of people Snyder treated poorly.

Norv turner went 3-13 his firs year and 4-12 his next year and they kept him for longer.

I'm not a Norv defender, but this is wrong. Norv went from 3-13 to 6-10 to 9-7...which was at least going in the right direction.

And whether you think Norv or Schottenheimer are ultimately responsible for the Chargers current successes, Dan can revel in the knowledge that he fired both of them.

Archived