Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annoyances at Fedex Field

Howie411

Was anyone actually directing traffic at the stadium last night?? I sat at exit 17 off 495 for over 2 hours and didn't get into the game until halftime. I never saw an accident or anything, just a huge CF with no traffic control whatsoever.
They pointed you to your Lot, and just let everyone park themselves. It was a cluster****...

Check out a play. It would suit you better. Or maybe a baseball game.

I can't believe that people would switch seats in an empty stadium. Oh my god!

I have season tickets to the Capitals also, and there is an Usher at every entrance in case of an emergency and to make sure people are sitting in the wrong seats. Grant it thats 70,000 less seats, but for what these seats cost they can hire more people.

I have season tickets to the Capitals also, and there is an Usher at every entrance in case of an emergency and to make sure people are sitting in the wrong seats. Grant it thats 70,000 less seats, but for what these seats cost they can hire more people.
If I can ever afford season tickets to any team, it would definitely be the Washington Capitals. I love me some hockey. I mean, I love the Redskins, but my dad raised me a bigger hockey fan.

I just do not like the experiences I've had at FedEx Field. Although when I sat in the club level one time, it was actually a very nice experience.

Unfortunately, if Snyder builds a new stadium with such unorthodox improvements as Metro access (:idea:), it's still going to be built by... Snyder. Which means that we'll be locked into another 20-30 years of a soulless corporate environment in which your between-play commercials are sponsored by Papa John's, your $11 beers are sponsored by Geico, and your obstructed view seat is sponsored by the guy in a suit behind you who would like you to act civilized and sit down during the game so he can properly enjoy his mimosa.

Unfortunately, if Snyder builds a new stadium with such unorthodox improvements as Metro access (:idea:), it's still going to be built by... Snyder. Which means that we'll be locked into another 20-30 years of a soulless corporate environment in which your between-play commercials are sponsored by Papa John's, your $11 beers are sponsored by Geico, and your obstructed view seat is sponsored by the guy in a suit behind you who would like you to act civilized and sit down during the game so he can properly enjoy his mimosa.

I am having much more fun at Capitals games and Wizards games this year. The money I am not spending to have season tix to the Skins has gone to other sports. I mean you can get a 15 dollar ticket to trhe Wizards. Beer and food and I'm still making out big time

Full volume commercials at Fedex is my biggest complaint.

First and only time I left early was the Cowboys game a few years ago. Freezing rain, and a complete beatdown. It was horrible.

If you're talking about Ol' Ball Coach's last season, I was at that one, still the only game I left early. (didn't go to any this year)

If I can ever afford season tickets to any team, it would definitely be the Washington Capitals. I love me some hockey. I mean, I love the Redskins, but my dad raised me a bigger hockey fan.

I just do not like the experiences I've had at FedEx Field.

Too bad kid. You should have seen it before the sell was in. You would have liked it.

There used to be a time when the name on the side of the stadium where the Redskins played was one of a great senator or a man who built it with his own funds. The name of where the team played was not for sale.

They used to use dead air time in the stadium to show Redskins highlights, pump up the fans, honor former players, etc. Not every inch of the stadium was used to place an advertisement or sell you something.

The prices of concessions weren’t so high it was ridiculous. If you brought a thermos of hot chocolate or a sandwich to the game, it was OK. Today at Fed Ex security will search an old lady's purse for mints or nabs and throw them out. Times have changed. At RFK like most NFL stadiums outside vendors were allowed to sell pretzels, peanuts, etc at reduced prices as a benefit to the fans. They have now been banned from the grounds of Fed Ex Field.

The tickets were always hard to come by but they were never among the most expensive in the league. The purchasing of pre-season home games wasn't mandatory. It was quite a time.

Parking at the stadium under the current owner has been raised from $10 to $20 to $25 to $35. (By the way, parking revenues are not shared and average parking in the NFL is $18.)

It's hard to believe but when he learned some fans were parking for free at Landover Mall he prohibited foot traffic into the stadium via a public road. After 3 years, not allowing people to walk into the stadium was overturned by PG County. I couldn't imagine the previous owner installing two rows of seats right in front of the most loyal, long tenured fans of the team but the current owner did.

Before the current owner ran the stadium there used to be an area for the kids called the NFL experience. Kids could kick a field goal, catch a pass from an older kid and run under a goal post, and run an obstacle course. No revenue was generated from this and soon this area was paved over and corporate hospitality tents available for lease took its place.

There used to be a standing room area at either end of the stadium at the end zone bars on the lower concourse. You would have liked those. It was a great place to gather and socialize with fellow fans. To maximize revenue these sections were taken out and replaced with stadium seats.

Under the previous owner, money didn't allow you to move ahead of other fans of the team. Now people move up the season ticket waiting list ahead of others by buying into things like the Tailgate Club for $1500. Existing season ticket holders are offered extra season tickets in their section ahead of people on the waiting list.

At one point the current owner even charged fans $10 to watch the team practice. Well this allowed representatives of opposing teams to scout the Redskins. The team lost 2 out of the first three games that year and didn’t finish with a winning record.

You should have seen the stadium as it was originally constructed, with good sight lines for all seats - before the current owner installed obstructed view seating in the stadium and sold the tickets at full price. You see, the stadium wasn't always a dump. It has just been turned into one.

But I'll be at the game this weekend...against our arch rivals, screaming as loud as I can when the Redskins are on defense. Cause I'm a fan of the Redskins, but not a fan of the current owner.

The fans were awful last night. And by that I mean the Redskins Fans. There were of course some giants fans that were bad - but thats to be expected. The redskins fans around my section were just down right embarassing.

And it had nothing to do with the game.

The fans were mostly a bunch of drunks, and everyone was getting into fights, and screaming '**** you' to anyone they could.

I watched one guy (redskins fan) cuss out a 12/14 year old kid wearing giants gear.

I don't what it is about prime time games that bring out the drunks, but last night was ****ing embarassing.

And this goes well beyond the scope of 'oh, drinking a football game, duh'. This was just disgusting, and honestly I'm embarassed to be a fan right now - and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with what went on on the field.

The fans were awful last night. And by that I mean the Redskins Fans. There were of course some giants fans that were bad - but thats to be expected. The redskins fans around my section were just down right embarassing.

The fans were mostly a bunch of drunks, and everyone was getting into fights, and screaming '**** you' to anyone they could.

I watched one guy (redskins fan) cuss out a 12/14 year old kid wearing giants gear.

I don't what it is about prime time games that bring out the drunks, but last night was ****ing embarassing.

And this goes well beyond the scope of 'oh, drinking a football game, duh'. This was just disgusting, and honestly I'm embarassed to be a fan right now - and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with what went on on the field.

Reason #1 why I didn't renew my tickets this year. Had them in the family for over 45 years but I just couldn't pull the trigger for another season of this.

My guess is that next Sunday will be, by far, the worst possible gameday experience. Fan frustration & alcohol consumption will be at an all time high. If the Pukes get any kind of early lead, they'll need the National Guard to keep the peace.

Reason #1 why I didn't renew my tickets this year. Had them in the family for over 45 years but I just couldn't pull the trigger for another season of this.

My guess is that next Sunday will be, by far, the worst possible gameday experience. Fan frustration & alcohol consumption will be at an all time high. If the Pukes get any kind of early lead, they'll need the National Guard to keep the peace.

i was pleased at the KC, and DEN games. With the season pretty much lost, the fans that were there were more there to enjoy a day watching football. I saw lots of kids, and overall had a great game.

these prime time games... i'm not going anymore. I don't care if its against a divisional opponet, or some other scrub team.

the fans that went to that game (the redskins fans) are pathetic. it still bothers me how they acted.

just embarassing. i wish there was something you could do. the ushers/security staff was overwhelmed by the amount of fights, so its not like we could just get people kicked out.

Why would anyone pay money to go to FedEx?

To be honest, that is a weak thing to say. People spend their hard earned money on their seats because thats what the enjoy. Who are you to say that is wrong?

I guarantee there is something you spend money on that I wouldn't buy if I had all the money in the world. So, should I treat you like **** because thats not what I do?

Agreed. Last night was the worst game experience I've had as a Redskins fan. It took over 4 hours to get from Fredericksburg to the stadium...we sat at exit 17 for over 2 1/2 hours and never saw an accident, it was just the lack of traffic flow at the stadium. Then there were no spaces in the green lot, so we just pulled off next to the snowbanks and hoped we didn't get sideswiped while we were at the game. There were fights in the parking lot, stadium seats, and concourse. Seeing the Giants call for crowd noise on defense AND GET IT was absolutely nauseating. Then getting out of the stadium and back to the beltway was an absolute nightmare. I don't think I'll go to any more night games for a very long time.

Can't add much to whats been added. only improvements are the waitresses at Hooters. By the end of the 1st quarter the bathrooms are hellish and I've used pot-o-potties in Iraq,Bosnia and other places. Pretty soon fools may start taking squats on the floor.It is literally a floor of p-i-s-s.

I guess as a season ticket holder my first concern is being in the enviroment of my favorite team,but the entire experience can be draining. Its like putting a wax-job on a 77 Vega. Its still a Vega, no matter how hard you buff.

Another thing, I know now that we are in the realm of NFL irrelevence when almost any tream/crowd can come take over Fed Ex with relative ease.

I will admit, this is the first time, ever, that I've left a game before it was over. By the 4th quarter, I was grilling hot dogs in the parking lot.

Same, never been to a total blowout in the 5 years I've been going to games. I was more than happy to leave at the end of the third.

Archived