Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annoyances at Fedex Field

Howie411

Yea, pretty pathetic last night.

I had a G fan behind me who was slumped over and throwing up by half-time. The ushers finally showed up and he got confrontational. I thought at first they were going to let him sit there and butted in to get him out.

The funny thing was it was 2 Giants fans that were next to him that summons the ushers. He thought it was me.

Well I'm with most of you guys. I've been to a lot of skins games at fedex, and have always had a good time with a lose or a win.

But last night I had an apsollute crappy time for the first time! From all the drunks to the play on the field SUCKED! Along with...

- The hall of fame store sucked, no new items just a bunch of portis and other over priced merchandise. Not much of a selection at all!

- The main thing I hated was not just all the giants fans ( 75% ) but other fans of other teams, I must have seen 300 steeler fans, many Viking and cowboy fans! WTF ?

-Getting out the stadium was hell! I had such a bad time, I left at halftime and didn't even start moving out the orange lot untill well after the game!

Just seemed like a huge waist of time and cash, and i'm about to take a huge break from fedex.

I honestly think that will be the last game I go to for a long time. I have had season tickets since the new stadium opened, and I just can't deal with it anymore. I think I will just watch the games sitting on my couch in my Redskins basement. I used to love going to the games, but years of Dan Snyder ownership has just drained me emotionally and I can't take the hassle any more.

I sit in 228 row 3. Anytime it rains, or snow melts, water is constanly dripping on our seats. The most annoying thing ever!

Oh man....I feel for you.

We were in row 242, row 5, and saw the same thing happening to a few seats in row 3. It was quite a bit of water.

I'd be seriously pissed if I had those seats.

Oh man....I feel for you.

We were in row 242, row 5, and saw the same thing happening to a few seats in row 3. It was quite a bit of water.

I'd be seriously pissed if I had those seats.

It was like a faucet at the Saints game. Thankfully no one was in the seats next to us and we could move down. But yeah its a complete pain in the ass. Especially when you're undercover, yet managed to still get soaked.

Can't add much to whats been added. only improvements are the waitresses at Hooters. By the end of the 1st quarter the bathrooms are hellish and I've used pot-o-potties in Iraq,Bosnia and other places. Pretty soon fools may start taking squats on the floor.It is literally a floor of p-i-s-s.

Man, and people pay money for this? :doh:

Too bad kid. You should have seen it before the sell was in. You would have liked it.

There used to be a time when the name on the side of the stadium where the Redskins played was one of a great senator or a man who built it with his own funds. The name of where the team played was not for sale.

They used to use dead air time in the stadium to show Redskins highlights, pump up the fans, honor former players, etc. Not every inch of the stadium was used to place an advertisement or sell you something.

The prices of concessions weren’t so high it was ridiculous. If you brought a thermos of hot chocolate or a sandwich to the game, it was OK. Today at Fed Ex security will search an old lady's purse for mints or nabs and throw them out. Times have changed. At RFK like most NFL stadiums outside vendors were allowed to sell pretzels, peanuts, etc at reduced prices as a benefit to the fans. They have now been banned from the grounds of Fed Ex Field.

The tickets were always hard to come by but they were never among the most expensive in the league. The purchasing of pre-season home games wasn't mandatory. It was quite a time.

Parking at the stadium under the current owner has been raised from $10 to $20 to $25 to $35. (By the way, parking revenues are not shared and average parking in the NFL is $18.)

It's hard to believe but when he learned some fans were parking for free at Landover Mall he prohibited foot traffic into the stadium via a public road. After 3 years, not allowing people to walk into the stadium was overturned by PG County. I couldn't imagine the previous owner installing two rows of seats right in front of the most loyal, long tenured fans of the team but the current owner did.

Before the current owner ran the stadium there used to be an area for the kids called the NFL experience. Kids could kick a field goal, catch a pass from an older kid and run under a goal post, and run an obstacle course. No revenue was generated from this and soon this area was paved over and corporate hospitality tents available for lease took its place.

There used to be a standing room area at either end of the stadium at the end zone bars on the lower concourse. You would have liked those. It was a great place to gather and socialize with fellow fans. To maximize revenue these sections were taken out and replaced with stadium seats.

Under the previous owner, money didn't allow you to move ahead of other fans of the team. Now people move up the season ticket waiting list ahead of others by buying into things like the Tailgate Club for $1500. Existing season ticket holders are offered extra season tickets in their section ahead of people on the waiting list.

At one point the current owner even charged fans $10 to watch the team practice. Well this allowed representatives of opposing teams to scout the Redskins. The team lost 2 out of the first three games that year and didn’t finish with a winning record.

You should have seen the stadium as it was originally constructed, with good sight lines for all seats - before the current owner installed obstructed view seating in the stadium and sold the tickets at full price. You see, the stadium wasn't always a dump. It has just been turned into one.

But I'll be at the game this weekend...against our arch rivals, screaming as loud as I can when the Redskins are on defense. Cause I'm a fan of the Redskins, but not a fan of the current owner.

I don't know how this could have been put any better.

Keep something in mind....every time Dan gives Albert Fatsworth $100Million or DeAngelo Hall or signs another running back... its that extra parking revenue and $8 beer that pays for it. Danny is not pissing away his money....its our money...he rapes our wallets then gives us a horrible product. Can you imagine if we had an owner that made the experience all about the fans AND the team and not himself? With the loyal fans in Washington it would be the jewel of the NFL - as it is now we are a joke.

After last game I have 3 big annoyances at Fedex Field.

1. People are smoking inside the the actual stadium (not just the snack/restroom area)

Ask them to stop or get someone to stop it. I have not seen this where my dad has his season tickets. Everyone is on the concourse smoking.

2. There are no Ushers checking seats or anything, this group of kids must have switched seats about 15 times throughout the game, at least one time moving to my seats when I went to get food.

Why check seats when the stadium is half full? The Redskins don't have many fans to demand everyone sit in their seats. People will move around if there are empty seats. I've been guilty of sitting in the row in front of our tickets before.

3. Security/Help is lacking. There was at least 2 fights behind me and it took over 10+ minutes for security to show up there.

There was a heated argument in my section and almost instantly there were 3 ushers/security up there trying to resolve it and get people back to their seats.

My annoyances with FedEx Field would be that the Purple/Platinum/Orange lots were clear of ice yet the Green lot it was almost impossible to park. We ended up parking on top of atleast a foot of snow. It should have all been cleared considering it snowed Saturday and the game was on MONDAY NIGHT.

My annoyances with FedEx Field would be that the Purple/Platinum/Orange lots were clear of ice yet the Green lot it was almost impossible to park. We ended up parking on top of atleast a foot of snow. It should have all been cleared considering it snowed Saturday and the game was on MONDAY NIGHT.

Yeah the green lots were not in the best of shape. We were in A70 and there was a snowpile right in the middle of the lot. I saw numerous cars park on top of snow piles because there was no where else to go.

I don't know, guys. FedEx doesn't have the jumbotron. It doesn't have the greatest facilities. Traffic is bad generally. Traffic is a nightmare on Mondays.

BUT . . . I don't really care about any of that. The Redskins play there, and when the Redskins are winning, I have a great time EVERY time. When they lose, it is miserable - EVERY time.

Half of the gameday experience is spent in a parking lot anyway. If you've got good booze, good food, and good people around, you should be having a great time EVERY week at least until the game starts. Once you are inside, it just depends on the team's performance.

So I don't get this "who would pay to go to FedEx" talk. Maybe live football just isn't your thing. I thought it was a shame when the Orange Bowl was torn down, and FedEx' facilities, seats, concessions etc., crush the outdated OB's. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't pay to see a game there. In fact, UM now plays at Land Shark Stadium, a PREMIUM, Superbowl-hosting NFL stadium, but I would take a game at the OB any day - facilities and jumbotron aside.

Opposing teams' fans are always annoying - especially divisional opponents when the Redskins are getting WAXED. You just have to learn to shut them out. And if the Redskins win, it tends to shut them up too.

Too bad kid. You should have seen it before the sell was in. You would have liked it.

There used to be a time when the name on the side of the stadium where the Redskins played was one of a great senator or a man who built it with his own funds. The name of where the team played was not for sale.

They used to use dead air time in the stadium to show Redskins highlights, pump up the fans, honor former players, etc. Not every inch of the stadium was used to place an advertisement or sell you something.

The prices of concessions weren’t so high it was ridiculous. If you brought a thermos of hot chocolate or a sandwich to the game, it was OK. Today at Fed Ex security will search an old lady's purse for mints or nabs and throw them out. Times have changed. At RFK like most NFL stadiums outside vendors were allowed to sell pretzels, peanuts, etc at reduced prices as a benefit to the fans. They have now been banned from the grounds of Fed Ex Field.

The tickets were always hard to come by but they were never among the most expensive in the league. The purchasing of pre-season home games wasn't mandatory. It was quite a time.

Parking at the stadium under the current owner has been raised from $10 to $20 to $25 to $35. (By the way, parking revenues are not shared and average parking in the NFL is $18.)

It's hard to believe but when he learned some fans were parking for free at Landover Mall he prohibited foot traffic into the stadium via a public road. After 3 years, not allowing people to walk into the stadium was overturned by PG County. I couldn't imagine the previous owner installing two rows of seats right in front of the most loyal, long tenured fans of the team but the current owner did.

Before the current owner ran the stadium there used to be an area for the kids called the NFL experience. Kids could kick a field goal, catch a pass from an older kid and run under a goal post, and run an obstacle course. No revenue was generated from this and soon this area was paved over and corporate hospitality tents available for lease took its place.

There used to be a standing room area at either end of the stadium at the end zone bars on the lower concourse. You would have liked those. It was a great place to gather and socialize with fellow fans. To maximize revenue these sections were taken out and replaced with stadium seats.

Under the previous owner, money didn't allow you to move ahead of other fans of the team. Now people move up the season ticket waiting list ahead of others by buying into things like the Tailgate Club for $1500. Existing season ticket holders are offered extra season tickets in their section ahead of people on the waiting list.

At one point the current owner even charged fans $10 to watch the team practice. Well this allowed representatives of opposing teams to scout the Redskins. The team lost 2 out of the first three games that year and didn’t finish with a winning record.

You should have seen the stadium as it was originally constructed, with good sight lines for all seats - before the current owner installed obstructed view seating in the stadium and sold the tickets at full price. You see, the stadium wasn't always a dump. It has just been turned into one.

But I'll be at the game this weekend...against our arch rivals, screaming as loud as I can when the Redskins are on defense. Cause I'm a fan of the Redskins, but not a fan of the current owner.

Thank you for your post Rocky21, I quoted it again because in my mind this is better than any writing the local media has put out all year and hits the nail on the head as to what is wrong with this team.

There is only one person responsible for the torrid state of this franchise and that is Daniel friggin Snyder. The guy is like the planet eater in "Rise of the Silver Surfer", he has done everything wrong in his tenure here and I can personally attest that I will not spend one more dime on the Redskins until he cleans up his act or sells this team to someone more qualified to run an NFL franchise.

Thank you for your post Rocky21, I quoted it again because in my mind this is better than any writing the local media has put out all year and hits the nail on the head as to what is wrong with this team.

I'm glad you enjoyed Rocky's post. I liked it too. But that doesn't mean you get to ignore Rule 11. The magic blue arrow is all the membership needs to easily re-read Rocky's post, if we choose to. All a member needs to do is simply click on the magic blue arrow within what should be a small segment of Rocky's quoted post, and Rocky's full post will magically appear in all its splendor. When done reading, the browser's backspace will bring the reader right back. Mission accomplished, without unnecessary clutter.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

Agreed. Last night was the worst game experience I've had as a Redskins fan. It took over 4 hours to get from Fredericksburg to the stadium...we sat at exit 17 for over 2 1/2 hours and never saw an accident, it was just the lack of traffic flow at the stadium. Then there were no spaces in the green lot, so we just pulled off next to the snowbanks and hoped we didn't get sideswiped while we were at the game.

well.. i'm not going to feel bad for you for this one. You live just as far away as I do (i'm in Fauquier County). I got to the game in a little over an hour, and home in less (and this wasn't because people left early, i typically get home in about 50 minutes)

it all comes down to where you park, how early you leave for the game, and the routes you take.

I'll add a couple complaints

1) I felt as though i was at a commerical expo vs. a football game--- At Nationals Park they provide you with some sort of mild entertainment between each half inning (and a more friendly fun enviroment-- even let you bring in unopened bottled water and snacks!!!!!!) Fedex is ad after ad to line Danny's pockets with more $$$

2) WTF was going on with the PA announcer??? First he introduces "#21 Deangelo Hall:doh::doh::doh:" then he had his mic on asking for clarification as to who #12 was on NYG--- you could faintly hear him say "#12 is Smith right? well, thats who you told me it was":doh::doh::doh: Pregame Research!?!?!?

I'll add a couple complaints

1) I felt as though i was at a commerical expo vs. a football game--- At Nationals Park they provide you with some sort of mild entertainment between each half inning (and a more friendly fun enviroment-- even let you bring in unopened bottled water and snacks!!!!!!) Fedex is ad after ad to line Danny's pockets with more $$$

hah, you obviously didn't go to many games this year or in the past. because to be honest, it used to be nothing but ads. you couldn't even get a replay. they sent out the survey a while ago, and I guess they actually read it. because now you get a replay after almost every play, and the ads have been reduced to tv/team timeouts.

what i'm getting at, is although you complain, i aplaud it - because its 10x better than what it was up until a few weeks ago.

2) WTF was going on with the PA announcer??? First he introduces "#21 Deangelo Hall:doh::doh::doh:" then he had his mic on asking for clarification as to who #12 was on NYG--- you could faintly hear him say "#12 is Smith right? well, thats who you told me it was":doh::doh::doh: Pregame Research!?!?!?

yeah, he had an off night. he's not normally that bad, but he has 1 or 2 off games a year.

Was anyone actually directing traffic at the stadium last night?? I sat at exit 17 off 495 for over 2 hours and didn't get into the game until halftime. I never saw an accident or anything, just a huge CF with no traffic control whatsoever.

After all that you got INTO the game at halftime? Ouch! Double ouch.

You some great points in this post. I remember the NFL Experience & the standing room near the bars. I remember the downtime Redskins pump-up videos as opposed to the commercials.

There are a lot of things that current ownership has done that the previous owner probably would have NEVER even thought to do. Cooke was a great owner & was a TRUE fan of the fans. We miss him greatly.

Right now I'd hazzard a guess that the worst thing about the stadium is that the seats face the field.

:rotflmao:

Archived