Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annoyances at Fedex Field

Howie411

I was in 228 and surrounded by Giants fans...it was bad.

There were 2 fights in the 3rd qt...both Redskins on Redskin...it was pathetic.

And did anyone notice about 40 min before gametime they played Tik Tok (Kesha) 5 times in a row?????? That was the most annoying thing about the game. haha. Except the fact that my tickets said this was a professional game and I could swear one of the teams out there was a JV HS one..hmmm.

Cooke is somewhat overrated since his death.

The man loved to meddle just like snyder. The difference was Cooke had a second hand man that could keep him under control - Snyder does not. Cooke wanted to fire Gibbs after 1 season, and was dead set on doing it, but was talked out of it.

Cooke built the stadium most of you now complain about - Snyder has only made the changes people complain about (adding extra seats, the price hikes, etc). But when you think of FedEx field - it is what it is because Cooke built it that way.

I'm not at all saying Cooke was just as bad as Snyder - please do not misunderstand me. I'm just saying Cooke was not this perfect owner a lot of people seem to hint at in their posts.

I guess at the end of the day, he has super bowls and snyder doesn't. Personally i think that seems to skew a lot of people's memories.

I was going to go to my first game in DC next year. Now the way everybody is talking how crappy it is I think I will pass. Seen games in Denver, SF and 2 in Seattle and was looking forward to seeing my PEEPS and home stadium. But if we are fighting each other I'll pass. If I wanted to put up my dukes I will just hope for another game at Qwest field because we play one of the NFC west teams.

Cooke is someone overrated since his death.

The man loved to meddle just like snyder. The difference was Cooke had a second hand man that could keep him under control - Snyder does not. Cooke wanted to fire Gibbs after 1 season, and was dead set on doing it, but was talked out of it.

This is inaccurate. Cooke wanted to fire Gibbs after week 5 of his first season, but was talked out of it. In fact, he wanted to fire both him & Betherd, but decided to stick it out & see how it went. By the end of that first season, Cooke had calmed down about that.

Cooke built the stadium most of you now complain about - Snyder has only made the changes people complain about (adding extra seats, the price hikes, etc). But when you think of FedEx field - it is what it is because Cooke built it that way.

Wrong again. Cooke died while the stadium was still being built. Cooke had built one of the best stadiums in the League AT THE TIME & over time, Snyder's changes have destroyed what Cooke had intended.

I'm not at all saying Cooke was just as bad as Snyder - please do not misunderstand me. I'm just saying Cooke was not this perfect owner a lot of people seem to hint at in their posts.

What you are missing here is that Cooke had already owned a professional franchise before coming to Washington (The LA Lakers). Cooke already KNEW how to handle himself as a team owner & knew what was required of him. Snyder did not. No one here has said anything about Cooke being perfect & as noble as it is for you to try to weigh Cookes faults to Snyders, try to remember this one thing...

I guess at the end of the day, he has super bowls and snyder doesn't. Personally i think that seems to skew a lot of people's memories.

You seem to forget how good of an owner Cooke was. He was not as meddling as you'd like to remember him being, he barely ever set foot on the field. He also barely ever bothered with the players much & allowed his coaches & GMs to deal with them as THEY saw fit, not as Cooke saw fit. Snyder is a FAR worse owner than Cooke could have even hoped to be.

There's really little need for ANYONE to come to Snyder's defense right now. Especially against a LEGENDARY owner in the likes of Jack Kent Cooke. He wasn't perfect, no man (save for one) is. But to try to weigh Cooke's faults against Snyder's is ludicrous, IMHO.

EDIT: Now that I've checked your age as well, how could you even say those things? Do you even remember Cooke? You were all of 12 when he died & MAYBE 6 when we won our last Super Bowl. While I realize that there are many sources of information, living it & reading about it are 2 totally different things. Many of us lived thru the Cooke years & remember with sadness what he meant to us as an owner, especially in light of recent events. I feel a bit insulted that you would say something like "Cooke was overrated." To me, that would be like my 6 year old Nephew telling me that 9/11 wasn't that big o' deal. He read about it & doesn't see why all the fuss. :doh:

Lots of good points.

I just wanted to address tshile's post - Cooke has super bowl wins. Snyder doesn't. That's true. But that's hardly the only difference "at the end of the day."

Snyder also doesn't have NFC Conference championships.

Snyder also doesn't have Divisional Playoff victories.

Snyder also doesn't have NFC East titles.

It's not just superbowls Snyder is lacking.

Cooke is someone overrated since his death.

You gave one example of Cooke meddling, and a bad example at that, because in the end, he didn't do it. Thus, he didn't meddle. Synder meddles. Maybe it will change, maybe it won't. My money is on 'won't'.

One thing I hate the most is that people feel the need to talk trash and cuss at anyone wearing a jersey that doesn't support their team. I mean my son is only 1 year old but when I take him to a game when he gets older I am not going to liko having drunk idiots use every swear word in the book and fighting all over the stadium. Green lot was a disaster there were people parked illegally all over the place making it almost impossible to drive through the lot. People were smoking weed right by us which didn't really bother me but it is the simple fact that we never saw any security at all come by the whole time. The port-o-potty by our parking space had vomit all over the inside of it. The worst part of all was when using the bathroom during the second quarter the guy at the toilet next to me passed out mid stream, hit the floor, and peed all over himself. He didn't come to until someone nudged him with their foot. Pretty great way to spend a night.

There are so many I don't know where to start.

I hate how all of the croud interactions are premeditated. Whenever there is a give away or move of the game the people are already chosen and half the time they are wearing "Stub Hub" shrits. Not once does the camera really scan the croud and show what fans are doing. There aren't any interactions with the fans like trivia or kiss cam.

I hate how our "Hail to the Redskins" is being utilized at the games. Its played so much to the point that it looses some of its punch. Its a special song, and shouldn't just be played randomly. It shouldn't be played when we're down 24-6. I don't know about others but I take pride in the Redskins and the song. I hate seeing it dragged through the mud.

I hate how there are full length commercials being played throughout the game. I understand that advertising makes money. But why not just say this trivia question, or this kiss cam is brought to you by blah blah blah. I don't want the stadium experience to feel just like it does when watching it on TV.

To be honest, that is a weak thing to say. People spend their hard earned money on their seats because thats what the enjoy. Who are you to say that is wrong?

I guarantee there is something you spend money on that I wouldn't buy if I had all the money in the world. So, should I treat you like **** because thats not what I do?

Whoa! Easy dude. Take your meds.

I didn't treat anyone like ****. I simply asked why, given the state of this franchise would folks deal with the hassle of getting in to watch a team average 13 points?

Also notice that I never said it was wrong. I asked why.

Reading comprehension is a great skill to learn.

well.. ...

it all comes down to where you park, how early you leave for the game, and the routes you take.

Let me jump in here for a sec. I came from Philly. I left at 4:15 and per GPS, was 10 minutes away from Fedex field at 6:50pm. About an hour later, I jumped out of line at exit 17 to go to exit 15. I caught the last 3 plays of the first half. I asked a local fan in line if traffic was always bad. He told me yes. Please tell me he is wrong and the delay last night was because of the snow and the big audience for MNF.

I write this post to no one in particular. I have no agenda or no point of order. As I create this document of disaster, this speech of simmering surrender, I feel that a large, heavy and ancient oak door is slowly closing on a chapter of my life that I can trace back to 1973.

I feel some small amount of regret, terminal relief, and final release. It’s over.

In those days back in 73, guys like Billy Kilmer and Charlie Taylor were Washington Redskins players. Sometime during Super bowl VII, I became a Washington Redskin fan. I was nine years old.

Thirty six years after I pulled for that “Over the Hill” team with the short stumpy little quarterback that broke his nose and taped it up and went back in to finish the game…thirty six years after I sat on the edge of my seat with my father, screaming and yelling as we watched the game, thirty six long and hopeful years of waiting and pulling and screaming and talking smack…something happened to me all over again.

Sometime during the 2009 NFL season, I quit being a professional football fan.

There was an auditable click!

I’ve had enough. I cannot take any more disappointment. I cannot handle the water cooler conversations at work… over the last ten years… that have become water cooler condemnations.

I’m tired of having to admit that my sports linage comes from a particular type of stock…laughing stock…

I cannot fathom the monster salaries that are paid to these “professional athletes”. I cannot believe that anyone could accept such a huge cash prize…yet have a 4 and 12 season not to mention finding the ability to conduct an interview after getting skull drug 89 to negative 48…

If you paid me 100 million dollars to play football, I can tell you right now…without a doubt, like nobody’s business…

MY MIND WOULD NOT BE ON PLAYING FOOTBALL!!!

Maybe that’s why they are losing. It’s why congress is losing. It’s why politicians suck. Greed screws up everything.

I try to understand how I could deploy to Iraq and fight for my country for $48,000.00 dollars a year and these folks get 100 million dollar contracts over a five year period, for five months of real work each year!

I’m well aware of my former favorite teams’ lackluster stats and hysterical…ah…em… I mean…historical losing record.

Yet what really drives me absolutely insane are the outrageous ticket prices, the television black outs, the stadium non-sellouts, and the overall money grubbing, high dollar, high roller, copyrighted and patented profiteering that has engulfed…no better yet…replaced the sport of football that I fell for in 73.

I can’t stand it when the Redskins score and the camera is suddenly filming Dan Snyder jumping up and down in a fit of “WE JUST SCORED!” glee.

“WE” didn’t just score…”THEY” just scored. You are just the snotty little turd that claims ownership of the team. You are not part of the team. Sit down, shut up and get away from the cameras stay off my T.V.

I hate seeing Jerry Jones all happy in stadium suite box with all his rich elbow rubbers and bucket boys as much as I hate seeing ticked off Jerry Jones pacing up and down the Cowboys sideline with that “Oh Crap! We are getting beat!” look on his face.

I really hate the Cowboys...and I live in Texas...imagine that!

So these guys own the team…so what! Why are they on T.V.? They are not bleeding!

How do you own…I mean really OWN a team? How do you buy teamwork? Where do they sell it? How much does it cost? Does it come in a reduced calorie version? Can I buy a little one that doesn’t cost that much and keep it in a small box somewhere? Are there different favors of “Team”? Is there a ten year 100 thousands mile warranty? Are they legal in the state of Texas? Will my wife get it in the divorce…and not know what to do with it?

Team owner…yea right.

I have a dog…but am I really a “Dog Owner”?

Watch my dog as he escapes from my back yard and runs like a…well… like a scalded dog… really fast ya know and crazy…in every direction, losing his mind as he quickly becomes overwhelmed with his new found but temporary freedom…and then try to call me a “Dog Owner” with a straight face.

Like, I’m in control of the flea bitten critter!

Dan Snyder could pay for nickel plated lazy boy chairs with duel drink holders and built in battery operated remote controls that would take you all the way to the moon and back …

…and the Redskins would still be 4-10…

Team Owner…please.

The only thing Danny Boy and J.J. control with their “team ownership” title is how much the hot dogs are and what kind of beer do you want to overcharge them with…aka The Money. Today, money is all the NFL is about. Team…not so much. Ownership? Who cares as long as they are not from Iran or China…and I’ll bet you ten bucks that something like that is coming down the pipe in a few more years.

Let’s talk about times outs.

Each team only gets three time outs. If you lose a challenge, you lose a super important time out and you never, ever, ever, get it back…no matter what…ever!

Don’t get hurt…that will cost your team an injury time out and you don’t want to waste a time out on an injury.

You have team time outs and 30 second time outs and official time outs and then there is the two minute warning…that happens twice and the “please reset the game clock…the ever so important game clock…the official clock that keeps time right down to the second…yea that clock…please reset the game clock to 56 seconds.”

Damn…time must be really, really, really…like super really important to these football players huh?

Yet there are these strange periods of seemingly endless time out there on that football field where nothing is happening. The game clock stops. Players are not hitting each other…they are just standing around waiting…and waiting…The crowd is silent. No plays are being called. The coaches are patiently standing by and not even bothering with covering up their mouths with the play calling card. The umpires and line judges wait until they get the signal that…

ALL THE DAMNED T.V. COMMERICIALS ARE OVER, WE CAN PLAY FOOTBALL NOW?

WHAT?

If you take the commercials out of football, then….and only then are there really just THREE TIME OUTS.

If you take the commercials out of football, then the game is shorter, there are no bathroom breaks, beer breaks or hot dog breaks. No one makes money on concessions. On one has time to buy two cheap, flat, lukewarm beers served in plastic, see through cups for twenty three dollars and seventy five cents.

Time outs are a façade.

Heart anyone. Did the Redskins show any…Oh Hell I can’t even bring myself to ask the damned question.

NO HEART!

I spent twenty one years in the military…it was my choice. I volunteered. I wanted to do it. No one owes me anything for my service. I was happy to do it. It was not always pleasant but it always was an honor.

Yet…everyone associated with the military, police force, fire department, EMTs, Hell all of the working class Americans I know… would never give up on any team sport…especially football.

(Oh now don’t give me that “Working Class Hero/Blue Collar Worker” look down your nose there pal. It’s people that actually work that make people that play professional sports so filthy rich, they buy crap like the elephant mans skull and wear diamond ear rings in their teeth..or …or stuff like that.)

For just the chance to play on a professional team for one play, most of us lower life forms would drag our entrails forward…

FORWARD!

Never mind the bleeding or missing limbs or the dizziness. Never mind that the only way you can see is to look through the ear hole of your football helmet. All sports fans have thought “Damn, I wish I was in there, I would show these morons what having some backbone and some heart is all about.”

All of us no bodies might not have the “talent” or the body fat content that is needed…but I’ll put any of us working class up against any of these greedy serpents and the display of heart and soul will be so evident a blind man couldn’t miss it.

The Coaches, the players…and even the owner, all who should be embarrassed be a part of such a professional abortion… such a lousy “club”…none of them have any heart. After watching them disappoint me for years on end...neither do I. When your heart is not in it, it shows. When you have lost the heart to watch it, you know it.

…and finally…

Yea my team stinks. It doesn’t even hurt to say it out loud anymore, much less think about it.

The Redskins suck! They have sucked for a long time. But they have sucked worse than the Detroit Lions have sucked. With the Lions…you knew they were going to lose.

With the Redskins…up until this year…I always thought…maybe we have a chance.

I won’t be fooled again.

The Washington Redskins flat out suck the clear slim off the eyeballs of dead and rotting snails. They are the lowest of the low, the crappiest of the crap and the most over paid, under performing group of loosely conglomerated semi talented professional athletes that wear that same colored uniforms I have ever witnessed in thirty six years of sports. They fool you into thinking that they might pull a close game out of the fire and just at the last minute, they all lie down like welcome mats and let the opposing team drive nine hundred ton aircraft carriers into their end zones multiple times…all within sixty seconds.

FUMBLE!

The Redskins loose the ball…Twice!

I get similar mouths full of dynamic anti Redskin description from my coworkers that wait for me near the coffee machine/water cooler at work every Monday…and sometimes on Tuesday.

I’ve heard them all.

Q. What’s the best way to keep the Redskins out of your front yard?

A. Paint it like an end zone.

Groan!

One fan wrote this on a blog after the Giants played the Redskins recently on Monday Night. The fan stated:

"The worst part was when the players tried to wave fans to come back because there were more Giants fans there at the end of the game than there were Skins fans. That was sad.

Originally Posted by skinsfan07 on Extremeskins.com

I’m done. I’ll quit spending my money, quit wasting my time, and quit pulling for a team that has let me down more than I care to mention or remember.

When next Sunday comes around, I’ll jump on my motorcycle or write another article or read a book or whatever. Thanks to the Washington Redskins, you will not find me in front of the tube praying for any more last minute miracles.

I have finally surrendered to the Redskins…or…more accurately speaking;

I surrender to each and every one of the Redskins opponents, Redskins players, Fed Ex, items with an official NFL tag on it, and anything that contributes to the profits of the football team owners, the players, the TV stations, etc.

Professional sports is a façade, a never ending commercial that attracts most men and some women for profit.

They have tried so hard to earn so much of my money and time that they have chased me away from all the madness once and for all.

~Slam~

Did someone hear a door close?

Macgulf, 2009

The worst part of all was when using the bathroom during the second quarter the guy at the toilet next to me passed out mid stream, hit the floor, and peed all over himself. He didn't come to until someone nudged him with their foot.

:rotflmao:

Dude, can you honestly blame him? He probably thought, going into the game, that we were going to, at the very least, compete. BY the 2nd qtr., this game was handily in the bag for the Giants & the poor guy didn't want to remember it. That's hilarious though. Wish I had seen that...with a camera. :evil:

Pretty great way to spend a night.

Is your name Clark Griswald by any chance?

I write this post to no one in particular. I have no agenda or no point of order. As I create this document of disaster, this speech of simmering surrender, I feel that a large, heavy and ancient oak door is slowly closing on a chapter of my life that I can trace back to 1973.

I feel some small amount of regret, terminal relief, and final release. It’s over.

In those days back in 73, guys like Billy Kilmer and Charlie Taylor were Washington Redskins players. Sometime during Super bowl VII, I became a Washington Redskin fan. I was nine years old.

Thirty six years after I pulled for that “Over the Hill” team with the short stumpy little quarterback that broke his nose and taped it up and went back in to finish the game…thirty six years after I sat on the edge of my seat with my father, screaming and yelling as we watched the game, thirty six long and hopeful years of waiting and pulling and screaming and talking smack…something happened to me all over again.

I’ve had enough. I cannot take any more disappointment. I cannot handle the water cooler conversations at work… over the last ten years… that have become water cooler condemnations.

I’m tired of having to admit that my sports linage comes from a particular type of stock…laughing stock…

I cannot fathom the monster salaries that are paid to these “professional athletes”. I cannot believe that anyone could accept such a huge cash prize…yet have a 4 and 12 season not to mention finding the ability to conduct an interview after getting skull drug 89 to negative 48…

If you paid me 100 million dollars to play football, I can tell you right now…without a doubt, like nobody’s business…

Maybe that’s why they are losing. It’s why congress is losing. It’s why politicians suck. Greed screws up everything.

I try to understand how I could deploy to Iraq and fight for my country for $48,000.00 dollars a year and these folks get 100 million dollar contracts over a five year period, for five months of real work each year!

I’m well aware of my former favorite teams’ lackluster stats and hysterical…ah…em… I mean…historical losing record.

Yet what really drives me absolutely insane are the outrageous ticket prices, the television black outs, the stadium non-sellouts, and the overall money grubbing, high dollar, high roller, copyrighted and patented profiteering that has engulfed…no better yet…replaced the sport of football that I fell for in 73.

I can’t stand it when the Redskins score and the camera is suddenly filming Dan Snyder jumping up and down in a fit of “WE JUST SCORED!” glee.

“WE” didn’t just score…”THEY” just scored. You are just the snotty little turd that claims ownership of the team. You are not part of the team. Sit down, shut up and get away from the cameras stay off my T.V.

I hate seeing Jerry Jones all happy in stadium suite box with all his rich elbow rubbers and bucket boys as much as I hate seeing ticked off Jerry Jones pacing up and down the Cowboys sideline with that “Oh Crap! We are getting beat!” look on his face.

I really hate the Cowboys...and I live in Texas...imagine that!

So these guys own the team…so what! Why are they on T.V.? They are not bleeding!

How do you own…I mean really OWN a team? How do you buy teamwork? Where do they sell it? How much does it cost? Does it come in a reduced calorie version? Can I buy a little one that doesn’t cost that much and keep it in a small box somewhere? Are there different favors of “Team”? Is there a ten year 100 thousands mile warranty? Are they legal in the state of Texas? Will my wife get it in the divorce…and not know what to do with it?

Team owner…yea right.

I have a dog…but am I really a “Dog Owner”?

Watch my dog as he escapes from my back yard and runs like a…well… like a scalded dog… really fast ya know and crazy…in every direction, losing his mind as he quickly becomes overwhelmed with his new found but temporary freedom…and then try to call me a “Dog Owner” with a straight face.

Like, I’m in control of the flea bitten critter!

Dan Snyder could pay for nickel plated lazy boy chairs with duel drink holders and built in battery operated remote controls that would take you all the way to the moon and back …

…and the Redskins would still be 4-10…

Team Owner…please.

The only thing Danny Boy and J.J. control with their “team ownership” title is how much the hot dogs are and what kind of beer do you want to overcharge them with…aka The Money. Today, money is all the NFL is about. Team…not so much. Ownership? Who cares as long as they are not from Iran or China…and I’ll bet you ten bucks that something like that is coming down the pipe in a few more years.

Let’s talk about times outs.

Each team only gets three time outs. If you lose a challenge, you lose a super important time out and you never, ever, ever, get it back…no matter what…ever!

Don’t get hurt…that will cost your team an injury time out and you don’t want to waste a time out on an injury.

You have team time outs and 30 second time outs and official time outs and then there is the two minute warning…that happens twice and the “please reset the game clock…the ever so important game clock…the official clock that keeps time right down to the second…yea that clock…please reset the game clock to 56 seconds.”

Damn…time must be really, really, really…like super really important to these football players huh?

Yet there are these strange periods of seemingly endless time out there on that football field where nothing is happening. The game clock stops. Players are not hitting each other…they are just standing around waiting…and waiting…The crowd is silent. No plays are being called. The coaches are patiently standing by and not even bothering with covering up their mouths with the play calling card. The umpires and line judges wait until they get the signal that…

ALL THE DAMNED T.V. COMMERICIALS ARE OVER, WE CAN PLAY FOOTBALL NOW?

WHAT?

If you take the commercials out of football, then….and only then are there really just THREE TIME OUTS.

If you take the commercials out of football, then the game is shorter, there are no bathroom breaks, beer breaks or hot dog breaks. No one makes money on concessions. On one has time to buy two cheap, flat, lukewarm beers served in plastic, see through cups for twenty three dollars and seventy five cents.

Time outs are a façade.

Heart anyone. Did the Redskins show any…Oh Hell I can’t even bring myself to ask the damned question.

NO HEART!

I spent twenty one years in the military…it was my choice. I volunteered. I wanted to do it. No one owes me anything for my service. I was happy to do it. It was not always pleasant but it always was an honor.

Yet…everyone associated with the military, police force, fire department, EMTs, Hell all of the working class Americans I know… would never give up on any team sport…especially football.

(Oh now don’t give me that “Working Class Hero/Blue Collar Worker” look down your nose there pal. It’s people that actually work that make people that play professional sports so filthy rich, they buy crap like the elephant mans skull and wear diamond ear rings in their teeth..or …or stuff like that.)

For just the chance to play on a professional team for one play, most of us lower life forms would drag our entrails forward…

FORWARD!

Never mind the bleeding or missing limbs or the dizziness. Never mind that the only way you can see is to look through the ear hole of your football helmet. All sports fans have thought “Damn, I wish I was in there, I would show these morons what having some backbone and some heart is all about.”

All of us no bodies might not have the “talent” or the body fat content that is needed…but I’ll put any of us working class up against any of these greedy serpents and the display of heart and soul will be so evident a blind man couldn’t miss it.

The Coaches, the players…and even the owner, all who should be embarrassed be a part of such a professional abortion… such a lousy “club”…none of them have any heart. After watching them disappoint me for years on end...neither do I. When your heart is not in it, it shows. When you have lost the heart to watch it, you know it.

…and finally…

Yea my team stinks. It doesn’t even hurt to say it out loud anymore, much less think about it.

The Redskins suck! They have sucked for a long time. But they have sucked worse than the Detroit Lions have sucked. With the Lions…you knew they were going to lose.

With the Redskins…up until this year…I always thought…maybe we have a chance.

I won’t be fooled again.

The Washington Redskins flat out suck the clear slim off the eyeballs of dead and rotting snails. They are the lowest of the low, the crappiest of the crap and the most over paid, under performing group of loosely conglomerated semi talented professional athletes that wear that same colored uniforms I have ever witnessed in thirty six years of sports. They fool you into thinking that they might pull a close game out of the fire and just at the last minute, they all lie down like welcome mats and let the opposing team drive nine hundred ton aircraft carriers into their end zones multiple times…all within sixty seconds.

FUMBLE!

The Redskins loose the ball…Twice!

I get similar mouths full of dynamic anti Redskin description from my coworkers that wait for me near the coffee machine/water cooler at work every Monday…and sometimes on Tuesday.

I’ve heard them all.

Q. What’s the best way to keep the Redskins out of your front yard?

A. Paint it like an end zone.

Groan!

One fan wrote this on a blog after the Giants played the Redskins recently on Monday Night. The fan stated:

"The worst part was when the players tried to wave fans to come back because there were more Giants fans there at the end of the game than there were Skins fans. That was sad.

Originally Posted by skinsfan07 on Extremeskins.com

I’m done. I’ll quit spending my money, quit wasting my time, and quit pulling for a team that has let me down more than I care to mention or remember.

When next Sunday comes around, I’ll jump on my motorcycle or write another article or read a book or whatever. Thanks to the Washington Redskins, you will not find me in front of the tube praying for any more last minute miracles.

I have finally surrendered to the Redskins…or…more accurately speaking;

I surrender to each and every one of the Redskins opponents, Redskins players, Fed Ex, items with an official NFL tag on it, and anything that contributes to the profits of the football team owners, the players, the TV stations, etc.

Professional sports is a façade, a never ending commercial that attracts most men and some women for profit.

They have tried so hard to earn so much of my money and time that they have chased me away from all the madness once and for all.

~Slam~

Did someone hear a door close?

Macgulf, 2009

Nominated for Post of the Year. I am about your age....became a fan the same time you did. I have watched bad Redskin teams before. But these last 10 years - coinciding with the Synder era - have left me drained, embarrassed, and numb. My love for the Skins has definetely diminished. I still watch the games, but the passion isn't there. And I am not sure if it will ever come back.

:blahblah:

You are a bit upset, aren't you? I'll bet you are. I have a 7th sense about these things.

:munchout:

Nominated for Post of the Year. I am about your age....became a fan the same time you did. I have watched bad Redskin teams before. But these last 10 years - coinciding with the Synder era - have left me drained, embarrassed, and numb. My love for the Skins has definetely diminished. I still watch the games, but the passion isn't there. And I am not sure if it will ever come back.

Agreed. I am a little younger & grew up in the 80's watching the Redskins win 3 Super Bowls & being a dominate force in the League. It was tough to watch Joe Gibbs retire & the franchise go downhill since. They have never achieved the greatness that was the Joe Gibbs era here. But I hold out hope.

I will never stop being a Redskins fan, I learned that about myself this year. I will NEVER...N-E-V-E-R stop being a Redskins fan. I will ALWAYS...A-L-W-A-Y-S hate the Cowboys. These things I cannot change about me. I only support the TEAM though. I cannot get behind this owner. Not yet.

He is young & I think he is entitled to his mistakes as such. But he has made crucial mistakes that has cost us over the years & have been haunting us as well. Hopefully, he is not so set to do things HIS way rather than the RIGHT way & things WILL change. I hope. Because I KNOW that if the Redskins return to greatness, I'll feel that passion again. And I bet you will too.

It's just a really BIG IF.

Give it 36 years man...then come back and talk to me...

Oh there were good years, don't get me wrong. My heart (and my wallet) can't take it any longer. I cannot be held responsible for making another redskin player/coach or owner rich while at the same time...watch my former favorite team play like crap...won't happen...can't happen.

Give it 36 years man...then come back and talk to me...

Oh there were good years, don't get me wrong. My heart (and my wallet) can't take it any longer. I cannot be held responsible for making another redskin player/coach or owner rich while at the same time...watch my former favorite team play like crap...won't happen...can't happen.

I won't let my wallet go thin over them anymore, that's for sure. As long as things don't change for the better, I will not be buying any Redskins products. Can't. But I still wear my Redskins gear out. This team has let us down year in & year out, but they're still my team. And at the end WHEN this team starts winning again, it'll feel that much sweeter that I stayed through this ****!

Archived