Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Field Goal? WTF? Who makes that call?

Zarg

Zorn was actually laughing and smiling when asked about this play... "I wished they didn't have any time outs on their side..." Jim, I wanted to like you, I like your calming personality, and it is just toooo much this time....

Matt Millen (a joke of a person) actually gave us a positive nod for next week.

The last time I saw that play work was in a boise State game in the last 2 years ago.

So what was supposed to happen? It sort of looked like they were supposed to throw it to somebody behind the wall of blockers, and let him run it in, but Smith threw it to the end zone...

I'm still not sure how it was designed to work.

That was the worse called play I've ever witnessed in football

Yep! As soon as it happened, I thought, that may be the single-most embarrassing play from scrimmage in Redskins history. Theismann's minus 1-yard punt was laughably bad, but it was windy, and at least we were doing as much as we could, given that our punter was hurt.

That sums up Zorn's career as a head coach.

And of course, Oldfan will be along shortly to tell us that it was a good playcall, just executed poorly.

And seeing Zorn smiling about it postgame... I mean seriously, **** him.

lol Zoony... perfectly stated.

I'm not really sure what was supposed to happen on that play. Looked like a 5 year old planned it out. Sadly the unicorn didn't show up with candy and the Giants weren't distracted like they were supposed to be.

after such a God awful game.... that was the single most boneheaded, arrogant and ignorant crap I have ever seen. I really wanted to feel bad for Zorn.

But.... this comment almost made it worth it... Damn who's the top rated unicorn comming out in the draft? Forget Tebow.....

If Zorn makes that call.... NOT once, but TWICE.... fire him right after he fields quesitons about the stupid call....

Agreed! That was pathetic and embarrassing. I had been all for keeping Zorn until the end of the year but that was unacceptable. It gives management an out to can him now and to lock up Shanahan for the future.

That sums up Zorn's career as a head coach.

And of course, Oldfan will be along shortly to tell us that it was a good playcall, just executed poorly.

And seeing Zorn smiling about it postgame... I mean seriously, **** him.

I think the only thing that's stopping them from firing Zorn tonight is it's Christmas.

This was truely one of the worst called plays I have ever seen.

If you call it and NY doesn't call a TO, the run it - but they called a TO! Did Zorn think they were talking about the weather or something? No, they were dicussing how to defend this unusual play. So our solution is to run the exact that they prepared for?

And to top it off - the execution was aweful! I'm still not sure what the plan was. We had like 2 guys run down field and 6 guys stand around, so it was neither a screen with a wall nor an all out hail mary. It was pretty much doomed from the beginning.

I guess I can take joy in the fact that 1) it wasn't returned for 6 pts (not that it would have mattered in the end) and 2) i can say i have seen the most incompetant play in football

It was an assinine play. Almost makes you wonder if this was a giant FU to Snyder from Zorn and company.

That's exactly what I thought it was. It's about the only thing that makes any sense at all.

Zorn is laughing it up right now during the post game presser when they asked him that.

And I think we have our answer. Zorn was clearly amused by the turn of events. He's thinking, "I've only got a few more weeks left around here. Let's have a little fun..."

Archived