Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 road win 0 NFC east wins and 1 win vs a winning team

JoeGibbs3.0

I see what you're saying. I am one who wants Cerrato gone. However, while that is a huge change, I don't think JZ and JC will be a better combo if Cerrato is gone. That said, if we did hire a true GM who is highly regarded as a great football mind, and that GM decides that a JZ and JC combo will work, then I'll respect that.
Which is what the majority of us think, I believe. It's just all of our opinions are scattered throughout different threads and tough to put together unless you follow a particular poster...

And if that's the case I want a restraining order ;)

Yep...I think a very high percentage of members here think exactly that. Basically, if a competent personnel guy decides that our best options for 2010 are Zorn/Campbell, we'll shut up and see how it goes.

Yep...I think a very high percentage of members here think exactly that. Basically, if a competent personnel guy decides that our best options for 2010 are Zorn/Campbell, we'll shut up and see how it goes.

Out of curiosity, if a "competent personnel guy" does indeed say that our best options are to keep Zorn and Campbell, would that be further vindication of Vinny and his choices? lol :rotflmao:

Out of curiosity, if a "competent personnel guy" does indeed say that our best options are to keep Zorn and Campbell, would that be further vindication of Vinny and his choices? lol :rotflmao:

Maybe. Maybe not. It's about what's available at the time, and last year that might not be what they chose.

But to a certain extent, yes. Absolutely.

50% of the wins have come against teams that are a combined 2-24.

50% of the wins have come against teams that lost their starting QB during the game.

Broncos had negative net yards passing with Simms.

Overall record of the opponents we beat is 14-38.

Without the Broncos, it is 6-33.

The reason you see a sense of hope is delusion that it is not bad as what could have been. The same delusions that made Zorn such a great pick once Fassel was no longer the guy.

The same reason a 2-6 finish was glossed over as a fluke. The same delusions that are causing people to claim that 5-11 over the past 16 games, 6-15 over the past 21 are ok because we beat a team that has never won more than 5 games in a season since 2003.

As far as QB production, when the game is not on the line against crap competition, Campbell has always put up what appear to be decent stats. When the game is on the line, he crumbles. No pressure situation against the Saints and Pukes, everyone expected the Skins to lose. Comfortable position to be in. When those games could have been won by Campbell, regardless of what had transpired until the end of the game, he choked. Like he always has.

He has the worst losing percentage of any Redskins QB in history who played in as many games for the Skins, yet he is somehow going to be good because he is 1-3 in the past 4 weeks.

His record was 7-13 in his first 20 games as a Redskins and is 6-14 in his last 20. He is consistently a loser. Every supposed break out streak he has had did not amount to anything. He ends up exactly the way he started, a loser. He is the best ever at it for the Redskins.

50% of the wins have come against teams that lost their starting qb during the game.

Broncos had negative net yards passing with simms.

Without the broncos, it is 6-33.

The reason you see a sense of hope is delusion that it is not bad as what could have been. The same delusions that made zorn such a great pick once fassel was no longer the guy.

The same reason a 2-6 finish was glossed over as a fluke. The same delusions that are causing people to claim that 5-11 over the past 16 games, 6-15 over the past 21 are ok because we beat a team that has never won more than 5 games in a season since 2003.

As far as qb production, when the game is not on the line against crap competition, campbell has always put up what appear to be decent stats. When the game is on the line, he crumbles. No pressure situation against the saints and pukes, everyone expected the skins to lose. Comfortable position to be in. When those games could have been won by campbell, regardless of what had transpired until the end of the game, he choked. Like he always has.

He has the worst losing percentage of any redskins qb in history who played in as many games for the skins, yet he is somehow going to be good because he is 1-3 in the past 4 weeks.

His record was 7-13 in his first 20 games as a redskins and is 6-14 in his last 20. He is consistently a loser. Every supposed break out streak he has had did not amount to anything. He ends up exactly the way he started, a loser. He is the best ever at it for the redskins.

+1

Yes you are an anti fan for being rational and being somewhat anchored in realism. You don't love your team because you don't agree that the Skins are great now and not much needs to be changed because they are putting points on the board now and beat the Raiders. We don't need fans like you dude.

50% of the wins have come against teams that lost their starting QB during the game.

Broncos had negative net yards passing with Simms.

Without the Broncos, it is 6-33.

The reason you see a sense of hope is delusion that it is not bad as what could have been. The same delusions that made Zorn such a great pick once Fassel was no longer the guy.

As far as QB production, when the game is not on the line against crap competition, Campbell has always put up what appear to be decent stats. When the game is on the line, he crumbles. No pressure situation against the Saints and Pukes, everyone expected the Skins to lose. Comfortable position to be in. When those games could have been won by Campbell, regardless of what had transpired until the end of the game, he choked. Like he always has.

He has the worst losing percentage of any Redskins QB in history who played in as many games for the Skins, yet he is somehow going to be good because he is 1-3 in the past 4 weeks.

His record was 7-13 in his first 20 games as a Redskins and is 6-14 in his last 20. He is consistently a loser. Every supposed break out streak he has had did not amount to anything. He ends up exactly the way he started, a loser. He is the best ever at it for the Redskins.

Oh please, there is no place for facts in this forum!

lol...didn't you know? I am sure Bubba thinks the only reason the Skins don't go 16-0 each year is because of the vast conspiracy the NFL and its refs have against the Skins!

Oh, I know the answer to the question, I'm just seeing if bubba will honestly answer it.

The man wanted Spurrier for another year.

That tells you all you need to know.

Well, not really. It would possibly confirm his choice for a head coach, but Campbell was a Gibbs pick. Not only that, but Vinny tried twice to spend more picks to replace Campbell this past off-season. I think it's pretty obvious that Campbell was our starting QB by default.

Well, not really. It would possibly confirm his choice for a head coach, but Campbell was a Gibbs pick. Not only that, but Vinny tried twice to spend more picks to replace Campbell this past off-season. I think it's pretty obvious that Campbell was our starting QB by default.

Ah, but here's the thing...the "competent personnel guy" was NOT asked about Campbell last offseason. If he had been, he may have backed Vinny/Snyder's decision to replace him with either Cutler or Sanchez. We wouldn't have any real way of knowing.

Oh, I know the answer to the question, I'm just seeing if bubba will honestly answer it.

The third year is where coaches generally fall apart or get their act together that is the reasoning behind wanting Spurrier for another year

If Gibbs hadnt had came back I would have wanted Spurrier here also.

If Snyder is smart he will give Zorn another year which will show other coaches and potential coaches that he has patience and is willing to give coaches a chance.

Whats to say A cowher or Shanahan arewnt fired in 2 years?

Is it me or do i feel like i am reading a message board of an average football team who is showing promise?

Has Zorn earned another year? Has Campbell earned another year?

Are you guys serious?

9 players on IR.

Please, get some football sense before you post.

The third year is where coaches generally fall apart or get their act together that is the reasoning behind wanting Spurrier for another year

If Gibbs hadnt had came back I would have wanted Spurrier here also.

If Snyder is smart he will give Zorn another year which will show other coaches and potential coaches that he has patience and is willing to give coaches a chance.

Whats to say A cowher or Shanahan arewnt fired in 2 years?

Huh? There was NO evidence that Spurrier could turn this team around in year 3. In fact, his team quit on him at the end of year 2. There may be an argument to be made for bringing Zorn back for a 3rd year. There was NO argument for Spurrier.

bubba deserves some respect.

You're a pimple on the ass of ES.

Just sayin'.

9 players on IR.

Please, get some football sense before you post.

Man, you are one angry dude. Just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't make them ignorant on football matters. Most things posted here are opinions.

I would argue that this team has improved BECAUSE of so many inuries and not in spite of it. Instead of overpaid vets, we see young guys busting their butts on the football field with something to prove. I have found it refreshing.

bubba deserves some respect.

You're a pimple on the ass of ES.

Just sayin'.

Well lookie here!!

A member of the Lollipop Guild showed up to defend their brother. :sword:

Nice,classy post,by the way.

Go back to Cowboyszone from which you came....please....

I might take bubba more seriously on here if his fan goggles weren't as thick as Coke bottles.

Point to me a time where he EVER criticized a player,coach or front office person?

EDIT:

BTW, you forgot two laughing smilies and the words "agenda boyz."

C'mon tr1, you're slipping.....

Huh? There was NO evidence that Spurrier could turn this team around in year 3. In fact, his team quit on him at the end of year 2. There may be an argument to be made for bringing Zorn back for a 3rd year. There was NO argument for Spurrier.

Lots of coaches slip their second season you also have to remember spurrier also started that season running a nfl style offense then changed it midway through and thats when things fell apart

LOL. For real. We have one good game against the Raiders and everyone thinks we need no change.

Haha no one thinks that buddy. Everyone wants Vinny gone and everyone wants Snyder to change just about every aspect of the way he manages this team.

But the team has undeniably showed very significant progress on the offensive side of the ball over the past month. If you don't see that, then you have no business talking football.

No one thinks the team is great as-is, but many of us are coming around to giving Zorn, Campbell, and company one more go at it. Virtually every fan on this board still wants the OL majorly upgraded this offseason and hopefully some of the higher-payed but under-performing "stars" gotten rid of.

REAL change in this organization means consistency. Let's give it a try. Please quit making sweeping accusatory generalizations.

Man, you are one angry dude. Just because somebody doesn't agree with you doesn't make them ignorant on football matters. Most things posted here are opinions.

I would argue that this team has improved BECAUSE of so many inuries and not in spite of it. Instead of overpaid vets, we see young guys busting their butts on the football field with something to prove. I have found it refreshing.

I'm not angry. I'm objective.

I think Lewis had more to do with our improvement more than anything else.

Hey, that's my opinion.

;)

Well lookie here!!

A member of the Lollipop Guild showed up to defend their brother. :sword:

Nice,classy post,by the way.

Go back to Cowboyszone from which you came....please....

I might take bubba more seriously on here if his fan goggles weren't as thick as Coke bottles.

Point to me a time where he EVER criticized a player,coach or front office person?

EDIT:

BTW, you forgot two laughing smilies and the words "agenda boyz."

C'mon tr1, you're slipping.....

DieselPwr44, you've become a Johnny-one-note. Attack anyone who disagrees with you by calling them a 'homer'.

Frankly, I'm not embarrassed being a fan of the Skins.

How about you? Are you with the fellas who want us to lose the next three games?

EDIT: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

If you read and listen to what the players are saying, they claim they WANT to play for Jim Zorn.. they WANT JC as their quarterback.

That is as valuable as anything.

Of course the record the past 2 years has been dismal, and with that being said, we went in with a 3 year plan. Or so they claimed.

I have been all for getting JC and Zorn the hell out of dodge for quite some time but, with a slightly calmer and more rational mind, I do not think it may be the most prudent of ideas.

The young players are producing. Young, untested, unproven, players are making this system start to work. Hell, if we put up 24 points in a lot of the games at the beginning of the season, we would be sitting on a winning record right now. This system is starting to LOOK like it can work. Blowing it up would only be like taking one step forward and 3 steps back.

Of course I do think that Vinny should be gone from making executive football decisions and be move strictly to a scouting position. The past 2 drafts are looking to actually be shaping up. It is simply the choices and positions picked that have hampered us. Bringing in a real GM and pushing Snyder and Cerrattos noses out of the actual decisions on this team is going to go a LONG way.

The way I see it, keep Zorn and JC for one more year. Fire sale some of our vets for draft picks/trades. If JC doesn't take the contract we get another compensatory first rounder and another pick I believe. If that is the situation, fine, get your new shiny QB, if not... take OL. Take 2-3 OL in this draft. Build off the lines and we can be a decent team this year.

What other RATIONAL idea is there?

Archived