Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins fan bets his 60" tv against Saints, loses epically.

corsair_joe

I don't know too much about law, but wouldn't one house classisify as a residential area?

I have lots of friends and family that own property where you can discharge weapons legally. The definition of a residential area is one that is primarily occupied by residences. If there are more woods than houses, its not a residential area its a rural area. I have no problem with this as long as it was legal and safe. Heck, my dad used to shoot at toilets and appliances in a gully down in the woods near my grandparents with an AK-47. I dont see anything wrong as long as you take the proper precautions to ensure the safety of all those around.

I posted in the other thread about this that I am betting that the TV was already broken, and he didn't want to pay hundreds of dollars to fix it. So, what to do with it? Well nothing better than a little TV destruction amid obnoxious cries of "Who dat" to get a little attention for yourself and your friends.

My thought was that if I were in that position I would start calling around to locate a broken version of my TV that I could buy and use in place of my own but new flat screens are pretty reliable and it might be hard to find.

No. I think that was all for real. It would be just like a Good Ol' Boy to make that bet and follow through for honor.

Funny stuff though, those boys were packing some serious firepower I saw what looked like an AR15 and a 357 magnum. :silly:

You talking about the big 500 revolver? I personally hate the idea of hand cannons. If you can't put two on the target quickly the gun is useless IMO.

I've always looked at it the other way. If I need to do as much damage as a 357 or 44, I'll just shoot them again. :D

I have lots of friends and family that own property where you can discharge weapons legally. The definition of a residential area is one that is primarily occupied by residences. If there are more woods than houses, its not a residential area its a rural area. I have no problem with this as long as it was legal and safe. Heck, my dad used to shoot at toilets and appliances in a gully down in the woods near my grandparents with an AK-47. I dont see anything wrong as long as you take the proper precautions to ensure the safety of all those around.

Well, the local police said that no laws were "apparently" broken. Still not a good idea to mix booze and guns though IMO.

Archived