Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Vince Young does is WIN

skinsfan07

Who doesn't fumble?

Let's see Chris Johnson pound the ball up the middle 20, 25 times and get 150 yards a game. It's not going to happen. He's good, yes. But I also think overrated. Call me crazy or whatever, but I've seen every one of his games. He gets in the open and no one can catch him because he's so fast. He's going to get shut down more in December. Everyone will see.

You're definitely crazy, and in the minority, if you actually think he's overrated. That's nuts. If anything, he's underrated. Btw, your "Who doesn't fumble" thing is also nuts. You won't go very far in the playoffs if you keep putting it on the turf. Again, he leads the NFL the past two years in both fumbles and fumbles lost. Not exactly a good stat to have.

Wait what happened why was Leinart playing? Is Kurt hurt?

Concussion. He left the game against the Rams just before halftime after going 15/19 for 200 yards and 2 TDs.

In the last game and a half Leinart has done a great job reminding us all why he's been riding the bench. He can't seem to stretch the field at all even with the most talented receivers in the league.

The Titans lost 0-59 to the Patriots.

Johnson ran for 128 yards on 17 carries.

The Titans passed for... -7 yards.

Man, where was that Chris Johnson?

Yeah, really. Not to mention, the Titans were hit with a SLEW of injuries during that 0-6 start. Their secondary was really messed up. And it didn't help that Collins was as awful as he was.

The reason snowman is hating on Chris Johnson is because of where he lives. Snowman's location is Tennessee, so he is obviously a displaced Redskins fan. It's pretty common for a fan of a distant team to hate their local team. Just look at Redskins fans in Maryland, most of them HATE the Ravens and I'm sure it's no different for snowman. He probably gets tired of hearing about Chris Johnson, so he's convinced himself that CJ is overrated and far inferior to AP.

The reason snowman is hating on Chris Johnson is because of where he lives. Snowman's location is Tennessee, so he is obviously a displaced Redskins fan. It's pretty common for a fan of a distant team to hate their local team. Just look at Redskins fans in Maryland, most of them HATE the Ravens and I'm sure it's no different for snowman. He probably gets tired of hearing about Chris Johnson, so he's convinced himself that CJ is overrated and far inferior to AP.

I live in NC, in Panthers country. And, yes, I can't stand them. But its mainly due in part to their ignorant fan base. I do hate on Peppers, but deservedly so. I always give credit to their backs, though. Both are very solid players. And Snowman's location could very well have alot to do with it, since he's a Redskins fan. But its still crazy to think another RB has had a better season, so far, than Johnson.

I think that's probably it. From the Gameday Week 12 thread:

And oh my God the Titans are going to the Super Bowl! The Titans are going to the Super Bowl!! :rolleyes:

I understand. I used to live in Texas where I would get the Texans and the Cowboys every weekend. I already hated the Cowboys but I really grew to despise the Texans. Same thing with the Chargers (and Lakers) when I lived in Southern California.

I don't know that it's a bandwagon. He's not among the top QBs skillwise, maybe not even top half, but he fits the Titans' offense very well and it's great (for some of us) to see him recover from his mental problems and find success.

He's also matured as a QB and is developing skills, so I wouldn't call his play an aberration. CJ's play is amazing and without it (and the D getting back on track) the Titans wouldn't have won their last five, but Vince has done well and deserves some credit.

I'm not jumping on the VY bandwagon yet. I need to see more from him to make sure he can do stuff like this consistently.

Well he's driven his team down the field to win the last TWO games in the final minute and he's won like his last 10 starts? I'm not sure on how many games in a row he's won that he's started, but it's between 8-10.

Well he's driven his team down the field to win the last TWO games in the final minute and he's won like his last 10 starts? I'm not sure on how many games in a row he's won that he's started, but it's between 8-10.

All I'm saying is that things can change very quickly. I want to see consistently good play from him for more than some dinky 5 game streak. Not taking away what he's been able to accomplish so far this season, but I'm not going to start calling him great until I can see it over a longer period of time.

All I'm saying is that things can change very quickly. I want to see consistently good play from him for more than some dinky 5 game streak. Not taking away what he's been able to accomplish so far this season, but I'm not going to start calling him great until I can see it over a longer period of time.

exactly. remember when campbell was 6-2 and people were actually saying he was an average qb? things change quickly.

Oh I agree with what you are saying. I was just pointing out his last 2 weeks and his winning streak. I don't think he's great either, but he was great yesterday and especially when it mattered. I was very impressed.

But like you I want to see the consistency as well. Especially with someone that appears to have such a fragile mindset as Young. Perhaps that little episode was the turning point for his career? I guess we'll all just have to watch and see.

VY seems to be a winner. He may not be able to play the QB like Brady, and Manning, but he is a winner.

Tebow will be the same way.

Yew fo rael!?

Tebow is projected by many to stink it up in the NFL. His NFL skills are in strong question. There's been a lot of "winners" that sit on the bench in the NFL. Before this week , Leinart came to mind. Winner who basically spent time womanizing at ASU instead of studying his playbook

Uhm, Chris Johnson is NOT the best back in the league. Adrian Peterson is. Give me the "he leads the NFL is rushing" yadda yadda yadda. Before today's game, he's all Tennessee had. They had to lean on him. Peterson has Favre to take pressure off of him.

AD >>>>>>>>>>> Chris Johnson

So even though CJ is the only thing going for the Titans, he's still outrunning Peterson, who has a future HOF QB playing the season of his career to help distract LBs and Safeties.

This year, CJ>>>>>>>>>>>>AD. It's not even close.

Archived