Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers just plain stinks!

genesys

Not trying to take any sides on this, but at times Carlos and LL both played ok; the problem is consistancy with them.

Carlos' big problem is not having a feel for the ball; the catch {very accurate throw also} was almost impossible to defend, BUT if he'd turned his head once in awhile to look for the ball, he would stand a good chance of picking it off. I've seen different plays where Carlos would trail a receiver straight through the endzone, and not knowing the guy is only running him out of the play.

LL, well, this is a bigger issue;

He constantly is looking to light someone up, and has an incredible knack for "shoulder tackling" receivers, which doesn't work. When a t.e. outweighs him by 40-60 lbs, shoulder tackling just does not cut it! it may work on his monkey, but not in the NFL...lol.

LL has to go, period; his performance, or lack of, is costing the team each week.

Carlos, I am not thrilled with his playing skills either, but he can be re-trained.

The entire secondary needs to go through leg tackling skills, and any player who thibnks they can knock down a receiver with his shoulder pad should pay a 50,000 penalty each offense.

Good lord someone is finally seeing it too. I have been saying this all season and I have been told or even read that he is one of our best cover DB's.

how many times this year has his WR gotten wide open or made Td's?? Too many.

He may have talent, but he is too inconsistant and you just can't give up as many big plays as he does and hope that a few good ones on his part will make up for it.

Carlos Rogers is a joke as a DB.

Everytime we put him on the field to justify that he a well rounded DB elite NFL DB ... he disappoints. Time and time again, teams pick on him and hit big home runs. One would hope that the recent benching would have grabbed his attention. But, that is simply not the case.

In today's game he got beat again by DeShaun Jackson resulting in a TD!

Man! Why can't we give Kevin Barnes a chance? ;)

go look at the highlight (or lowlights i should say)

It was smoot who just didn't run with him!!! Carlos was on the other side of the field!!

Rogers had a solid game. Not spectacular (certainly not a 9th overall pick-worthy performance), but he had a solid game. The one thing that he gave up was basically a perfectly thrown ball and a perfect catch; he was step for step with him.

And genesys, to be quite frank, you're being an ass to those who disagree with you. There HAVE been a ton of threads about this and the point is to NOT start new ones as the mods have said over and over for much longer than you've been here. That doesn't excuse you, though, as there have been stickies since you've joined up that have said the same thing. Don't be a prick to other members when they're pointing out the rules that are the only threads of sanity on here. And if you're just looking for other people to agree with you, then you're at the wrong place. There's tens of thousands of members here with hundreds of thousands of opinions. Get used to it, or, as someone eloquently said in this thread: Piss off.

Carlos Rogers is a joke as a DB.

Everytime we put him on the field to justify that he a well rounded DB elite NFL DB ... he disappoints.

I agree that Rogers is a bust. I've been saying this for years. He has hands of stone & he hardly ever looks for the ball. He stares at the receivers rather then playing the ball, doesn't throw his hands up to knock the ball down, lines up across the wideouts 10 yds from the LOS. I can't stand him.

Rogers is a thousand times better than Landry. It's time to admit once and for all that 30 is garbage.

You can't really compare Landry and Rogers. They aren't really an apples to apples comparision. Landry's job is really different from Carlos Rogers job. I am not saying that Rogers hasn't looked bad at times this season because he has. I am saying that you can't compare a safety who has responsibility for run support and is really responsible for covering the deep part of the field, where Rogers generally is responsible for the best receiver on the field and that is it for the most part. Believe me there are far worst players and corners out there than Carlos Rogers and he is not even in the top 20 of our list of problems with this team.

the guy cant catch,,, but he is a good corner. The pass to avant was a perfect throw. Perfect throw beats good coverage every time... period

I disagree. If the coverage isn't playing the ball, you are right. But Carlos doesn't play the ball...ever. He stares into the WRs eyes as if he wants to go out on a date with them. If he was actually playing the ball on some of those plays today, he could have used the sideline better by using his body better because he's playing the ball & not the receiver. But that's not Carlos. And in his case, a perfect throw WILL beat the coverage everytime...period.

Good lord someone is finally seeing it too. I have been saying this all season and I have been told or even read that he is one of our best cover DB's.

how many times this year has his WR gotten wide open or made Td's?? Too many.

He may have talent, but he is too inconsistant and you just can't give up as many big plays as he does and hope that a few good ones on his part will make up for it.

nobody is defending carlos' production this season, we are all simply pointing out that the op is wrong for picking on rogers for a play that was on smoot.

Rogers had a solid game. Not spectacular (certainly not a 9th overall pick-worthy performance), but he had a solid game. The one thing that he gave up was basically a perfectly thrown ball and a perfect catch; he was step for step with him.

And genesys, to be quite frank, you're being an ass to those who disagree with you. There HAVE been a ton of threads about this and the point is to NOT start new ones as the mods have said over and over for much longer than you've been here. That doesn't excuse you, though, as there have been stickies since you've joined up that have said the same thing. Don't be a prick to other members when they're pointing out the rules that are the only threads of sanity on here. And if you're just looking for other people to agree with you, then you're at the wrong place. There's tens of thousands of members here with hundreds of thousands of opinions. Get used to it, or, as someone eloquently said in this thread: Piss off.

great post :applause:

As is yours!

I made a point and quantified it ... What have you done? Precisely!

The only point that you made was that you didn't do a very good job of paying attention to the Deshaun Jackson TD. Smoot sat down in the zone when McNabb rolled out and let Jackson go. Smoot should have let the Line Backers eye McNabb and stayed with Jackson, Landry was in a single deep coverage and was covering the center of the field. The TD was Smoot's fault.

We in washington have been spoiled with pretty outstanding cornerbacks. Carlos hasnt been playing great this season, but its foolish to want him gone next season. he was good last season, and has regresed this season, ill give it that. However, he is still a good corner, and who is behind him? Fred smoot, justin tryon, kevin barnes, and byron westbrook. All of those names scare the crap out of me. you think carlos is bad, wait til you see what teams will do to those guys. and that touchdown was not his fault (the one to deshaun) smoot got toasted.

We in washington have been spoiled with pretty outstanding cornerbacks. Carlos hasnt been playing great this season, but its foolish to want him gone next season. he was good last season, and has regresed this season, ill give it that. However, he is still a good corner, and who is behind him? Fred smoot, justin tryon, kevin barnes, and byron westbrook. All of those names scare the crap out of me. you think carlos is bad, wait til you see what teams will do to those guys. and that touchdown was not his fault (the one to deshaun) smoot got toasted.

It does scare me. And though I don't blame Rogers for that TD, Rogers stinks & I am tired of watching him get toasted as well. In fact, Rogers gets toasted so much in this League & has for long enough, that when I make breakfast, I usually ask, "Does anyone want butter on their Rogers?"

He's ok, not great and not awful. A little better than average I'd say. Given a pass rush any CB can look good. And take the pass rush away and every CB will look bad.

I think you offer up an objective perspective.

It hilarious to see how some folks react to any criticism made on either Jason "Mr. Dumbbell", and Carlos "Mr. Butterfingers".

It's amazing to see the vile some folks demonstrate. Folks shouting out to Genesys to watch the rules and forget to do the same! Pot meet kettle.

Guys! Let's all just get along. For the fanatic who stated that this is similar thread to one posted previously ... I'd say there are just 10 times as many threads about brown nosing Jason!

:mad:

It does scare me. And though I don't blame Rogers for that TD, Rogers stinks & I am tired of watching him get toasted as well. In fact, Rogers gets toasted so much in this League & has for long enough, that when I make breakfast, I usually ask, "Does anyone want butter on their Rogers?"

Im not saying he elite, im saying would you rather have smoot, tryon, westbrook, or barnes starting?

Archived