Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sorry, but this one is on Zorn.

BleedinBurgNGold

It's on Zorn, it's on the offense, it's even on the defense and the rest of the coaches. It's a team game and we lost.

The entire system they are using it just beggin for failure imo, JC doesn't say more than 4 words during the week to the man calling the plays? One guy calls pass plays and he decides when to run just to let another guy call the run plays? Neither one of these guys talk to JC much during the week to get a feel of where the QB is at, what he feels comfortable with?

This is how we are operating week in and week out as an NFL franchise? Seriously?

The entire thing is fail, coaches,players and higher ups...blow it up.

Our defense must be tired after every game, they are out there so much....

That's their job. And I don't care how well the defense plays if it lets the other team roll over them on the key last drive of the game. That's no better than an offense that can't score in the final minutes of a game.

if you call a 6 point game a good performance whoaaaaaaaa!!!!!! You must not watch much quality football!

So the only good performances have to be high-scoring affairs? Doesn't matter if both defenses are playing really tough? I guess all the 10-6 wins by teams like the Ravens and Steelers the last five-ten years weren't good performances or quality football...

Why don't you take a shot at the end zone with 15 seconds left on third down in the first half?

If nothing is open, launch it in the upper deck with 8 or 9 seconds left to kick the FG.

Coaching scared = losing close.

~Bang

Yep- this is what I dont understand. You had all that time while the refs were trying to sort things out, Zorn could have discussed it with the OC and with Campbell, but instead, he had his headset off and kept staring out to the field. Heck, get the offense ready- run a play, even a fake FG. Jeez- do something to generate second half momentum. We were getting the ball back anyway.

Is it just me or does it seem like Zorn is still calling plays from the sideline?

I believe he calls the plays in the last two minutes of each half.

That kick goes in.... night night Cowpokes! I'd have kicked it. Suisham has been money all year. No reason to think he wouldn't make it accept that it's on the edge of his range. Still, I'd have tried to put the Pokes away. He makes it, and you guys are singing the praises of the defense and our kicker. This game wasn't on Zorn IMO.

That kick goes in.... night night Cowpokes! I'd have kicked it. Suisham has been money all year. No reason to think he wouldn't make it accept that it's on the edge of his range. Still, I'd have tried to put the Pokes away. He makes it, and you guys are singing the praises of the defense and our kicker. This game wasn't on Zorn IMO.

Suisham missed one ealier in the game from closer distance. He has been money all year, but why put the Kicker and especially D in a position to make a 50 yarder when you dont have to!? The percentage of ANY kicker making 50 yrders are low. Punt. Pin em inside the 10. That to me just about Gurantees a shut out. The Pokes havent been in our red zone but once all game before the TD. Percentages man

The call didn't matter for me, whether he went for it or kicked the FG.

The same people ****ing him for kicking the FG would probably ***** at him if he went for it and didn't convert.

There were other mistakes:

1. End of the half: I thought with 15 seconds and a 3rd, we should have taken a shot at the end zone. Send out two WRs and the rest protect.

2. Rocky and London's INT drops were huge. It didn't lose the game, but could have changed the game.

3. I thought we should have been more greedy with the playcalling in the second half. In a close game against a struggling offense, you know they were going to make big plays sooner or later.

This one is on the kicker. If he makes those kicks we win the game or at the least have Dallas needing two TD's in the last 7 minutes of the game. Leaving those points on the field was inexcusible. The fact is he was 12 for 12 going into this game and choked when it really mattered. Last year he was horrible, worst in the league. We should have expected this and gone for it with 14 seconds left in the half. We trusted the kicker and he lost us this game.

No, this one is on the offense, another game where we can't get it into the endzone. Every kicker is going to have an off game, or miss makeable kicks every now and again. We lost this game because we can't score TDs..it's been the story of the season.

Why don't you take a shot at the end zone with 15 seconds left on third down in the first half?

If nothing is open, launch it in the upper deck with 8 or 9 seconds left to kick the FG.

Coaching scared = losing close.

~Bang

Bang, last year in the Dallas game at FedEx, there was a situation where the Skins were in easy FG range and on 3rd down Campbell got sacked and turned a manageable FG into a long FG that, on a cold night, Suisham fell short on. Arguably could've affected how things turned out later on in a game we lost by 4.

It amazes me how much coaches seem to not trust their players these days. I think you saw it in Belicheck's and Del Rio's lack of trust in their respective defenses last week. I can see where Zorn was afraid of perhaps getting sacked, but, dammit, if that's the case, call a play which moves Campbell out of the pocket so he can easily toss it away if he runs into trouble. Is it THAT difficult?

In response to the OP......hadn't Suisham hit one from 50 yards or close to earlier in the game. You have to try to go up by two scores. Dallas scored with well over 2 minutes left, which suggests there was a decent amount of time left when their drive started. If we had punted and they had gone down and scored the TD you'd be complaining about why we didn't try the FG.

I think the coach of my son's football team has forgotton more football knowledge than Zorn will ever know, and this man is the coach of our Redskins.:doh:

this is a joke I hope... How do you know how much football Zorn knows? He played quarterback in the NFL! IM sure he knows quite a bit

They ALL are on Zorn; I don't think he cares anymore because he knows after the final whistle blows after the last game, he is so so so so so out of DC so its all nothing to him.

Again, exactly how many passes even crossed the plane of the endzone today? ZERO!

Sherm and Zorn both have no idea on being aggressive and attacking defenses; it showed all through the game; run run pass punt, the entire game. Coaches are supposed to attack weaknesses in defenses, but these 2 clowns try to go after their strengths!

This was a big let-down for the team and the fans. The Skins D did their job as usual, and the offense fails once again, as usual...

I've been as critical of Zorn as the next man, but how is this, or ANY game from here on out on him when he's nothing more than a face on the sideline, and HC in name only?

Vinny has all but made Zorn redundant the past three or four weeks. I don't get how we can blame a guy who does little to nothing.

Hail.

I'm not sure how he does nothing? Let's get everyone informed: 85% of head coaches DON'T call the plays...

I'm not sure how he does nothing? Let's get everyone informed: 85% of head coaches DON'T call the plays...

Regardless of what x number of HC's do or don't do, or the fact his main coaching passion has been removed from his remit, if you seriously think he has much of any responsibility's in running this team after the last month of the FO publicly humiliating him and trying their damndest to get him to walk, you have WAY more faith in this organization than I do.

The guys a dead man walking, seeing it out for his bucks and doing very little in the process IMHO.

But we all have differing views so all's good.

Hail.

The Coach, the Kicker, the Offense, etc.. It's all the same with this team.. We look great (well, decent) when there's nothing on the line, and choke like dogs in the clutch.. How many times did the D look great last season too, only to let the winning score get past em' on the last drive?? Same with Shuisam.. Looks great when there's no pressure and chokes in the clutch.. Taylor, same deal.. Only thing missing from his stats today was the usual "meaningless" TD drive at the end of the game.. Same ol' same ol'..

The kicker is only supposed to bail out the offense when it can't score. If the offense did its job, there would be no need to kick the FG. It's stupid to blame the kicker when it was the offense that failed to score TDs. If the offense had done its job, the Redskins would have won.

I blame the offense for failing to get it done. I blame the kicker for missing. I blame the defense for falling apart right on cue (as usual). I blame the coaching staff for its part as well. There was suckiness on all sides of the ball today.

Well said!

not going for the first down or endzone with a 3rd and 2 at the end of the half was horrible...especially after having 10mins to think about it and call a play....worst decision ever.

qft. That was inexcusable and just defines why Zorn does not belong in the head coaching ranks. When he says it's all on him, it's true. The guy just doesn't get it. He and Vinny just may be the WORST head coach/GM combination in the history of the game.

I actually agree with this thread. If I did not know any better, if Zorn was still calling the plays, Zorn would have went for it in my opinion. The Skins just cannot put their fate on a win on the leg of the kicker especially at 50 yards away. To give the Cowboys a short field was just a matter of time for them to score. This has been Dallas style all year. 4th and 2, I think Sherm draws up a nice play for a first down. Secondly, Zorn in the first half had time to take one shot at the end zone with 15 seconds left on the clock. Is Zorn clock management that bad. Skins were too conservative today.

Archived