Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Australian Senator tells parliment Scientology is criminal org

WVUforREDSKINS

Good for the Aussies.

There has to be some point where you stop being a religion and start being a complete fraud. Scientology was never a religion. It was a designed scam from the beginning.

Yeah but we can't have that discussion cause some *******s want to make this about all religions.

There is one major difference. Scientology is known for attacking it's enemies. They don't just hide what they do, they actively intimidate those that dare speak out against them. The Catholic church doesn't launch lawsuits against you from several shell organization or hire investigators to follow you around all day for asking questions about them that they don't like. They don't buy anti-cult business that existed to help people leave such groups and continue to operate them without disclosing who they really are.

The Catholic Church is not the poster child for being a "feint hearted" "turn the other cheek". You don't have 600million in payouts for nothing.

Did the Scientologists kill thousands upon thousands of people? of does this only go back to TC (Tom Cruise) vs. AD..

King Philip the “Fair” of France and Pope Clement V accused the Templars of atheism, sodomy, blasphemy, and worse. Templars were tortured into forced confessions before being executed in large numbers.

Yeah but we can't have that discussion cause some *******s want to make this about all religions.

I think the scientologists have done an amazing job convincing people that they aren't a scam. Unfortunately I think they are already well on their way of fooling enough people so that they can get religion status.

The Catholic Church is not the poster child for being a "feint hearted" "turn the other cheek". You don't have 600million in payouts for nothing.

Did the Scientologists kill thousands upon thousands of people? of does this only go back to TC (Tom Cruise) vs. AD..

King Philip the “Fair” of France and Pope Clement V accused the Templars of atheism, sodomy, blasphemy, and worse. Templars were tortured into forced confessions before being executed in large numbers.

Are you arguing that Catholics were unique in ancient history for barbarism? The unfortunate reality is that the world and society in general through out history is filled with barbarism. We are however talking about today are we not? Should we allow Scientology to behave as an organized crime syndicate and cult because catholics in the 12th century did horrible things?

Is that your position? I hope not because that would be stupid.

As for the 600 million in payouts, such is life when the members of an organization act to aid others in criminal acts. All of them should have been jailed. You won't find any Catholics disagreeing with this. You seem to pretend the entire church was behind and in support of this behavior. As I said in the post you quoted the difference is intimidation and fraud. Can you show me where the Catholic church acted to ruin those coming forward with accusations? Where they hired thugs to follow them around and made public any skeletons in their closet? Can you show me how they launched a variety of lawsuits to silence any that dared speak against them? It's 2009 friend, and we have to deal with what is happening in front of us.

And why exactly are you defending Scientology? That is what you are doing with this deflection. You are behaving the exact same way as partisans in political threads. Pointing out the wrong of other sides in order to shield the topic. Good job.

The title of this thread is misleading.

The PM has called for investigation (which the police are taking up). If these investigations turn up enough evidence, there'll be a Senate inquiry. There has been no talk about court yet.

True.

I was watching the news when I heard this story. Thats what the reporter said (maybe a meant to be a metaphor?) and I thought to post the story, so I googled.

Will edit.

Archived