Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ST memorial at FedEx Field again this year?

Burgundy&Gold4Ever

Why click on the thread if it's not something that interests you? Is it so hard to respect that others might feel differently and to realize there's no need to criticize them? Oh, wait, this is ES. :doh:

I know I'm not the only one who might want to leave something to honor ST's memory if there's an area again set up at FedEx Field, and I'd appreciate if naysayers don't use this thread to argue why I shouldn't be interested in doing this. We've been through many rounds of this at ES, and once again I ask people to keep their opinions to themselves or for a different thread, and to show some respect for fellow ESers who would like to leave a small token of remembrance for Sean.

Maybe it's my religious upbringing not being Christian and that contributes to a different perspective, but how is it not letting him rest in peace to have some signs, photos, and other remembrances at the anniversary of his death? Through my religion, I've been raised to honor the anniversary of people's deaths. Although I didn't know him personally, how is it not letting him rest in peace to remember him in this way? I have a feeling this may be a religion difference and why I'm not understanding this comment.

Why click on the thread if it's not something that interests you? Is it so hard to respect that others might feel differently and to realize there's no need to criticize them? Oh, wait, this is ES. :doh:

I know I'm not the only one who might want to leave something to honor ST's memory if there's an area again set up at FedEx Field, and I'd appreciate if naysayers don't use this thread to argue why I shouldn't be interested in doing this. We've been through many rounds of this at ES, and once again I ask people to keep their opinions to themselves or for a different thread, and to show some respect for fellow ESers who would like to leave a small token of remembrance for Sean.

Why create a thread when you know this is ES?

But seriously here is my bad analogy but I am sure it will get the point across:

It is the same reason people don't leave things in front of the white house for JFK every year. But I am sure some do remember him every year by going to his grave instead.

I hope not. I was at both the Bills game immediately after his death and the Giants game one year after. While the Bills game was heartfelt and genuine, the Giants game celebration felt forced and contrived; a way to inject emotion and motivation into a rapidly declining season. I feel as though if they were to continue every year, they would feel the same way.

I have a feeling this may be a religion difference and why I'm not understanding this comment.

Nah, I'm not Christian but I still feel like eventually this has to be let go. Sean was a great player for us and we got to see him grow as a person, but when will people actually get over it? It was an unfortunate death for a very young man but we just eventually have to move on.

It's not necessarily that this won't let him rest in peace, just that if people keep going back 1, 2, 3 years after the fact, when does it stop?

It's just 10 days until the anniversary of Sean Taylor's passing. :( Will there again be an area at FedEx Field where people can leave photos, signs, and other remembrances and messages? If they're going to set up something again this year, I'd like to start working on it.

RIP Sean

I don't think "they" are responsible for setting up something like this.

If it's appropriate, then it will happen all by itself.

I hope not. I was at both the Bills game immediately after his death and the Giants game one year after. While the Bills game was heartfelt and genuine, the Giants game celebration felt forced and contrived; a way to inject emotion and motivation into a rapidly declining season. I feel as though if they were to continue every year, they would feel the same way.

I totally agree. I was referring to the spot near the parking lot where people left flowers, wrote poems and notes, etc. The Redskins spraypainted 21 on the ground and had a canopy to protect stuff from getting wet.

Why create a thread when you know this is ES?

But seriously here is my bad analogy but I am sure it will get the point across:

It is the same reason people don't leave things in front of the white house for JFK every year. But I am sure some do remember him every year by going to his grave instead.

I rep ST ALL day ,Every Day...Why would you even care about an ES opinon?.Many of them are hypocrites anyway:doh:

I agree about that. I wasn't at the Giants game, but I was at the Bills game and you could certainly feel the emotion from that game. I agree that the Giants game seemed like a way to motivate the players, when the wheels were already coming off the wagon and there was no real way to fix the problems the team was experiencing last year. IMO, we are all probably better served by honoring Sean Taylor in our own private ways. I would hope that management would not do something at the upcoming home game. I would feel that it would just be a sad reminder and not really progressing with life.

While isn't the best comparison, it is sort of like when they were debating whether or not to make Sept 11 a holiday to remember that day. Now they have a moment of silence for the times of the attacks held at schools and religious places or worship. I guess I would be OK with something like that, but to have them wear 21 patches on their jerseys again and come out with a flag and have another video tribute would be too much.

Archived