Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ST memorial at FedEx Field again this year?

Burgundy&Gold4Ever

Maybe it's my religious upbringing not being Christian and that contributes to a different perspective, but how is it not letting him rest in peace to have some signs, photos, and other remembrances at the anniversary of his death? Through my religion, I've been raised to honor the anniversary of people's deaths. Although I didn't know him personally, how is it not letting him rest in peace to remember him in this way? I have a feeling this may be a religion difference and why I'm not understanding this comment.

I'm not sure what being Christian has to do with it.

I'd like to see a bronzed statue of him diving in the endzone... another of Darrell Green... one of John Riggins, one of Sammy Baugh... Art Monk... Joe Gibbs.... George Allen...

Put all of these around the inside of the club level...

Oh my lord. Let the man rest in peace.
Gotta let it go at some point. He will always be remembered and loved among Redskins fans, but let him rest in peace.

I'd be interested to know what you guys' opinion of "Rest In Peace" means. It's not like the OP is asking where he can set up a Sean Taylor Justice League or he's bringing up facts about him that no one WANTS to know about. He wants to leave something in remembrance of the man who was quite clearly the best player on the team at the time & left a rather large, gaping wound in a lot of our hearts. Leaving a note or flowers or whatever you feel is respectful IS letting the man "rest in peace." :doh:

Not everyone can heal as fast as others & not everyone deals with death & loss well, regardless of your opinion. Sitting back & judging others for not being as calloused as you 2 is ridiculous & bit selfish. As the OP said, if you are not interested in the topic, move on & let those who would like to discuss such things alone. Sheeesh, why do people feel the need to stick their noses in places they don't belong?

To the OP ~ I don't know if they are going to be doing something again or not, but I don't think it would be a bad idea for the owner to designate an area of FedEx somewhere in the concourses where fans can leave things (kinda like someone leaving flowers at a gravesite) so that we can constantly show our respects. I see no reason to believe that doing something like that is NOT letting someone rest in peace.

Ding!

Have him in your sig/username, wear his jersey, and watch the video.

Let him go.

So, let me get this straight. Everyone who is saying these same things...you've NEVER gone to a grave or a place of remembrance for someone long after they've passed on to show your respects? You don't have to answer...just think.

I already did and hung that huge painting of him at Chammps at Pentagon Row for a couple of months. I think the occasion will be a bit more lower key than last time, maybe raise my scotch and then continue on

hey swainy...hope that you are doing well. i have your piece hanging in my redskins room. it still is one of my most treasured and valued items that i own. thank you again.

we miss you sean.

Archived