Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Exclusive (NOT!!!! M.E.T.) read- orakpo/d-hall/portis/ etc issues addressed

BurgundyNGold#47

1- GAMEBALL today- Offensive line, without it, jc would not have been able to distribute the ball, Betts and rock not ahve rushed so well...they were a huge story for todays win...we kept the time of possession cuz we moved the ball...moving on to next pt

2-BETTS/PORTIS, everyone needs to hop off, riding him so hard at the moment, yes he's a good back a great backup...but c'mon, credit our o-line for his big day, i mean if rock would have gotten the ball 25 times he would've eclipsed the 100 yard mard...like be real here... our o-line and play calling allowed everything, so all you people who are saying portis booohoooo cut him, why have we started him... ummmm lets see here, he's about to be the franchise career rusher, last year heads were drooling over him, yet our o-line crumbled, this year he's been decent not horrible..s.till avg over 4 yards...and most of his plays blown up negatively have been cuz of penetration of opposing defense...not his fault... i mean are you kiddin game...portis is a beast blocker/ beast runner, loves contact, can catch the ball...pass the ball...and fan favorite...yet betts is now the saviour...LIKE I SAID, GIVE ROCK 25 PLUS CARRIES...HE'S RUSH OVER 100...I MEAN HE HAD 9 FOR PLUS 40. . . its a good 1-2 punch, but portis is still the man..i mean u saw how hapy he was for betts and the team, was very supportive

3-ORAKPO- most of you think he needs to just play de...umm look here he's got a unique ability to play de n olb... we fill 2 voids with him...i mean, hes a hybrid player that we are creating...similiar to many of the greats in the game lets see demarcus ware, jason taylor, shawn merrimam, terrel suggs...and many more ...HES A HYBRID PLAYER...plays both, he's just young and we're still developing him, so he's position at the moment is perfect...devlopment and progress is what we're looking for to get the biggest impact.

4-D-HALL...so many haters, i mean yes he's getting paid...leave it alone,we dish the money out our problem its not his fault he got the offer. i mean today, he was a hell of a player, and took the secondary to the sidelines and talked to everyone in his unit...they took over the second half...and the safetys were the issue today. i mean he has 4 of the 5 ints...and should have 7...he messes up in coverage and tackles at times...but who doesn't...he plays the hardest defensive position with the most scrutiny...db...its easily to be isolated as a result of any play. he's doing his job, IF NE1 should be hated on...its our man landry...moving to next p

5-LANDRY please get back to the basics..and move to ur natural position, where u were a great tackler.. right now ur potential is high, but ur playing level is awful...u need to get ur mind right...and become who uw ere suppose to when we had u and taylor together...may he rip...Landry still has the chance to change his future

6-THE TRIO- honestly, i feel they have a lot of upside and have been gettin to much negative remarks...we dont give them a chance to touch the ball...but look at when thomas gets the ball...besides a 3 yard slant...he is great in the open field...he needs to touch the ball 5-6 times a game..he needs to be our primary return man... also kelly and mitchell need to play in the same package...2 big guys out their. its hard for them to have a chance when we have moss and ARE out their...honestly...i think if we are going to rebuild with this core...TRADE/WAIVE MOSS ore ARE- implement thomas kelly and mitchell with a nice speedy slot man... who could be moss or ARE... we need our big targets out their more...davis...great job work on ur blocking

7-Suisham- good job on ur fgs this season...work on ur damn kickoffs...this wasn't ur only game kicking out of bounds giving good position...but good job this year

8-OLINE- AWFUL, but a good job today...levi jones might turn out to be a great fit here...we need to trade one of our premier players for a good o-line or picks...it all starts here

9-HAYNESWORTH-all u haters especially ESPN MATT MOSLEY- he has been a great impact player...just our run defense is bad...not his fault their running away from him...but he's doing a great job...look at our sack numbers...helping our edge out..solid numbers batting passes down, everything is working out for the most part

10- DEFENSE-only thing that really makes me happy..i mean we've giving up a good amount of points,but our offense and special teams are major factors...we've giving the ball to opposing teams so many times in our field..and our d has stepped up only allowing a fg most of the time...we also have the best redzone defense...and our d is on the field so long...BUT IM REALLY Happy w

this unit...put this unit on any top 15 offense and we will be ahuge factor in the postseason...

11-JASON CAMPBELL-he's got a cannon, just not as accurate as we'd like...he can flourish in the right scheme...he's more of a drop back passer. and has great athleticism for a qb...i like him, but he needs an o-line...honesly..i think we hsould get brady quinn... and keep jc as a backup cuz he knows the offense..im sure we could retain at the right price and he could help quinn out...

12- ORAKPO IS A BEAST...DORY...

hail to the redskins

You gave the game ball to the O-line, as pointed out in item 1, but in item 8 you say the O-line was awful! So, what is it exactly?

And you want to be taken seriously?

I think he is saying the Oline played well today,But it dosent mean we should'nt go looking for more Olinemen this year..Thats the difference between a game to game fan and a real fan..Game to Game fans belive the Oline is good and its all CP fault:doh:

a Real fan sees improvement,but realize that its only one game:doh:

I apologize for not using proper grammar. I was just reading through many threads and saw how many fans react to the players on this team/organization. When most of the same people had a different opinion of these same players. Ride them when their high and low. The O-line= gameball as in this game, they really stepped it up. O-line in general and for future preference= Youth and depth, because by far the weakest link of the team. Levi stepped up, and if he shows he has the potential the rest of the season, we should keep him, and look at him as a great contribution.

ORAKPO, yes he is a monster, a beast. What i'm saying is that his attributes and skill set is much higher than a protypical defensive end. He can develop to become a great hybrid type. I see him being like a terrel suggs, similiar in athleticism and strength, just needs to develop at the moment.

I agree with most of what you said, but with a couple of significant differences (I'll ignore the little things):

Suisham--I wonder if he was coached to kick for the corner with the coaches aware of the risk of an out-of-bounds kick. Smith wasn't pissed after either of the kicks, as far as I could tell. I really think they didn't want to kick to Royal, and they were willing to risk the possibility of giving the Broncos the ball at the 40 1 out of every 2 kickoffs to kick away from him.

Campbell--I don't know if he can ever be a consistently above average QB in the NFL. I mean, he rarely can hit Moss on a deep ball (If he had Rypien's accuracy on the deep ball, how many long TDs would this offense have?); his vision is terrible (Did you see Yoder wide open on that intentional grounding play at two different points in his route? Campbell didn't, and instead he tried to throw to a double-covered Moss. The pass was so bad he was called for intentional grounding. :doh:).

I'm no Campbell hater, but this guy is not the answer. That's the only thing that really concerns me about the future of this franchise. Who will be the QB?

Read rule #11
:)

yes I know, he's inconsistent with his accuracy, he'll look great at times, and than terrible. I just think we should retain him at a low price, keep him around to help with whoever we pick up or draft you know. I think with some confidence, and support of the fans and organization, he can become a decent qb for our team, but who knows, I just think he'd be a great help for our new prospect.

personally B&G#47, I could give two sh!ts about whether this has been discussed, grammer, or lack of spaces between your original posts.... I thought it was a good observation of the game which i was unable to see. Thanks for your assesment and looking forward to post # 16

Just a reminder:

Rule 11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

Archived