Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'09-10 UMD and Georgetown Basketball Thread

WhoRUSupposed2Be

Georgetown's inconsistency is bothersome. It seems like they only get up for the "big" games. JTIII better be doing some serious motivating at practice.

Huge game for Maryland coming up in a few hours vs. Virginia(who also needs some wins). After the loss to Duke we need to get back on track. Also, frankly, our resume isn't that good. Florida State is the only good team we have beaten(twice). This from the Bubble Watch article on ESPN:

The Terrapins won't have much time to recover from their ugly 21-point loss at Duke on Saturday. Because last week's home game against Virginia was postponed because of a snowstorm, the Terps will play three games this coming week. Maryland hosts Virginia on Monday night, plays at NC State on Wednesday and hosts Georgia Tech on Saturday. Even with a surprising 6-3 record against ACC foes, the Terps have plenty of work to do before Selection Sunday. Maryland has only two victories over RPI top-50 foes (beating Florida State twice) and is 2-6 against RPI top-50 opponents. There isn't much that is impressive about the Terps' nonconference profile either, with their best victory coming against RPI No. 107 Fairfield. After this week's three-game slate, the Terps still play road games at Virginia Tech and Virginia and home games against Clemson and Duke. Maryland could use a couple of more signature victories to impress the NCAA selection committee.

YEAHHHHHHBBLBKMOIU:O !!!!!!!!!!!!! That was me at the bar about an hour ago.

That is the signature win that we needed. Anyone who has watched MD this year, like me, knows that Tucker has been shooting the lights out beyond the arc this year. That is so damn perfect.

After Vasquez hit that shot that didn't count I was like man no. But wow!!!! Such a big win!!!! Drinks on me!!!

Channel 20 it is. Confirmed on umterps.com

Due to a water main break at Cassell Coliseum, Saturday's men's basketball game with Maryland at Virginia Tech will be delayed until 7 p.m.

The game will be telecast on WDCA-TV in Washington and on WNUV-TV in Baltimore.

The pregame show on the Terrapin Sports Radio Network will begin at 6 p.m.

The game will also be streamed live on the Internet at no charge at theACC.com

Archived