Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suisham for Pro Bowl?

AirMayo21

Great, now you ****ing jinxed him. He was doing well in the first half of last season too, then someone on here had to go make a thread about how well he was kicking, and suddenly he was crappy again. Watch, now he'll miss 2 field goals this weekend. Maybe an extra point too.

At this point, would it even matter anymore?

Suisham, Fletcher, Albright for the Pro Bowl! Everyone else.....maybe in '10.

In all reality, it will probably just end up being the Saint's or Viking's kicker.

He's been playing well. And for that, I am grateful.

But he won't sniff the Pro Bowl. Having a 100% accuracy does not get you in the Pro Bowl by itself. [it must be noted that he is one of the few kickers in the league to have a missed PAT, so that's a knock]

He only has 10 FGs and 11 PATs. That's just not enough.

Kickers are about points.

Suisham only has 41 points at this point.

Tynes has twice as many: 82 points.

In fact, of the 16 kickers in the NFC, he is 13th out of 16 in points. The Detroit kicker has more points than him. He is 26th in the entire NFL. That puts in the bottom quarter.

No way does the 13th kicker in the conference make the Pro Bowl.

I sure hope he keeps up not missing, but he does not sniff the Pro Bowl. That's not his fault. He's doing his job. It's the team's fault. But the lack of scoring reflects on him which is why you see more players from successful teams in the Pro Bowl then unsuccessful teams.

Yeah like in Seattle in 07

on a side note his Kickoffs have been MUCH better this year too

It seems like that is the game that people have based their entire impression of Suisham on.

Not the strong finish in 06 after we signed him.

Not the strong 2007 season that included several game winners.

A single miss in the early fourth quarter of a playoff game. That is all anyone mentions. (I do admit that he followed that up with a subpar 2008 but it's obvious that the holder issues at least played a part in it)

It seems that people want to blame Suisham for that loss in Seattle.

Not Cooley dropping a pass that would have set us up first and goal inside the five.

Not the horrific offensive line (that according to some Gibbs did such a wonderful job building and Vinny and Vinny alone bears responsiblity for it's demise) that got destroyed.

Not two terrible pick 6s, one of which Santana Moss totally dogged it in trying to stop the guy from scoring.

Nope it was all Shaun Suisham's fault for being unable to make the score 17-10.:doh: Nevermind the fact that Seattle promptly drove the field anyway to score. Way to go defense but it was all Shaun's fault.

While I don't think he's an elite kicker, Suisham has been a good kicker for us and I'd make the case that he's the best we've had over the course of several seasons since Chip Lohmiller. He does own the franchise record for career FG percentage.

Some of us dog the Skins for cutting loose David Akers way too soon (not entirely fair since he was just a one game rental) but then turn around and want to dump Suisham despite how well he's kicked for us.

Who knows, we may be seeing him blossom into an elite kicker this season. Or he may stay being just a good kicker. I don't know, but I'm glad we have him and I think that place kicking is one of the few positions that we're solid at.

• 4 weeks later...
Great, now you ****ing jinxed him. He was doing well in the first half of last season too, then someone on here had to go make a thread about how well he was kicking, and suddenly he was crappy again. Watch, now he'll miss 2 field goals this weekend. Maybe an extra point too.

Should've listened to this fella....

Archived