Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would waking up to hear "Vinny Cerrato has been fired", make a difference for you?

@DCGoldPants

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

No because we'd just get another Vinny clone in his place. If Snyder said "I now realize that my involvement is what hurts the team", then I might smile a little, but I'd still wonder how sincere it is and how long that feeling would last.

I think firing Vinny would be an admission of that very thing. Otherwise, he'd just keep things status quo. Anyone who interviews for the position is going to want some assurances about how things are going to work.

I voted no because unless Danny keeps his hands out of team affairs, it wont make a damn bit of difference whether Vinny stays or goes.
But as long as Vinny stays, you know what the probability of Danny staying involved is.

If Vinny goes, there's hope that Danny is taking step one to making us elite again.

Nah. Cerrato is not the main issue.

Agreed here. This starts at the top top. Vinny is a face, that's all he is. He's there to agree with the owner, he's there to hang out with the owner. I'm sure he makes football decisions, but he doesn't have the final say. Vinny is not the problem, he's the guy that allows the problem to be the problem without ever having to be accountable for being the problem. Hopefully that's confusing. :)

Agreed here. This starts at the top top. Vinny is a face, that's all he is. He's there to agree with the owner, he's there to hang out with the owner. I'm sure he makes football decisions, but he doesn't have the final say. Vinny is not the problem, he's the guy that allows the problem to be the problem without ever having to be accountable for being the problem. Hopefully that's confusing. :)

:point2sky

Cerrato is just the front man. Just like Gibbs was for 4 years. Snyder runs the show.

The 1 year he did not run the show he got bored and fired Marty.

If you are not on Snyders pay role or one of those guys that just likes to defend him you would all know this.

His office was right next to Joe Gibbs. I never heard of that in my life.

Has 9 years of Cerrato's input brought us anything but mediocrity? In that time, every coach we've had has been relying on this clown's ability to evaluate talent and provide them with reports. This time, however, we can point the finger directly at him for bringing in terrible talent. Cerrato has had his hand in the pot for long enough.

The best thing that could happen to this team, regardless of who's running it, would be to-

1. Hire a disciplinarian coach with a strong teaching and coordinating background.

2. Vastly expand the scouting department and hire men with strong football backgrounds.

3. Cut ties with veteran players that have salaries not matching their production (or actively pursue this when it is fiscally feasible).

4. Reward homegrown players for their production over multiple seasons, regardless of when their contract expires.

5. Horde and treasure draft picks.

6. Continuously rebuild the lines (even the defensive line, despite how much we've already invested).

7. Look for standout players everywhere (Practice Squads, Arena league, NCAA Divisions II and lower, Canadian football, etc...).

YES.

It would show that Snyder really is willing to do whatever it takes to win...finally.

But the question is who would take over that GM type role the rest of this season? An outside guy, an interim guy that is with the organization already, or a candidate from another team's front office staff? Are they even allowed to interview anyone employed by another team during the season? I would think not, so that leads me to believe that if (or hopefully WHEN) that happens it will not be till the end of the season.

But then if it would be someone currently not with a team, doing it now would give them half a season to evaluate the team, coaching staff, and scouting dept...

I vote no only because I know what will happen after he has been fired. He will take a "demotion" and still be in Snyder's ear. Snyder will promote Scott Campbell or Morocco Brown (another puppet) and things will be like they are now. No change.

If Snyder goes in a TOTALLY different direction (brings someone in with good credentials off the street) then I would be inclined to vote yes.

Archived