Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 5 most hated Dallas Cowboys of all time

grantarchy

We're not talking about "as a man." We're talking about as a Dallas Cowboy.

It's not a choice, it's an emotion.

Oh, btw, don't forget this quote by Landy after the Redskins won the SB (paraphrasing):

"1982 will always be known as the season with an asterisk."

**** him.

Really that whole season should have an asterisk. It was the strike season, was it not?

1) Tony Romo sits to pee

2) Wade Phillips

3) Jerry Jones

4) Jason Witten

5) Patrick Crayton

Of ALL Time? Really? The only name there that has ever done ANY kind of damage to us is Jason Whitten. The rest of those clowns, other then Jerrah...are they even worth hating on like that?

Michael Irvin

Emmitt Smith

Tony Dorsett

Randy White

Ed "Too Tall" Jones

1. Emmitt Smith

2. Ken Norton

3. Jay Novacek

4. Tony Romo sits to pee

5. Roy Williams FS

Funny thing with number 2 on your list....

I hate Ken Norton as well, though I am a Cowboys fan. I think him leaving and joining the 49'ers was the first time that the absolute suck that is free agency sunk in for me. I hated seeing him in a 49'er uniform. :mad::mad:

1. Harvey Martin (the flowers incident)

2. Michael Irvin (self explanatory ... too many reasons to list)

3. Emmmit Smith (too good and he hated us ... so I hate him)

4. Clint Longley (ruined my Thanksgiving)

5. Roger Staubach (he was undoubtedly a great QB but always scrambled and all too often found a way to beat us)

Lots of others but limited to 5 (but for current players Romo sits to pee tops the list)

How does Bates get on these lists? A career special teamer? A very good one but still....

It's obvious you're not a Skins fan...;)

He was a marginal player before the pukes' 90's resurgence that was way, way over-hyped.

He was a marginal player before the pukes' 90's resurgence that was way, way over-hyped.

I agree on Bates being a marginal player. However, he's the kind of guy a lot of people root for. Very little talent and played on sheer heart and guts. He's the exact opposite of say a Roy Williams. To us true Cowboys fans, he was known well before the '90's teams.

How are the Cowboys '90's teams "way, way over-hyped"? 3 Lombardi's in a 4 year stretch cannot be over-hyped. Step into the world of reality and at least admit that. Or stop with the childish "pukes" name, sheesh! :doh:

As for my top 5 hated in no particular order:

Shante Carver

Jackie Smith

Steve Pelluer

Mike Sherrard

T.O.

Nope, not a 'Skins fan. ;) Not at all.

I just don't see why you would hate a player that you call marginal. He was good on special teams, which is where he made his name, and a good team mate from all appearances. Other than that he didn't have a whole lotta impact against the 'Skins.

I just figured a top-five hate list would include guys who had more impact in the Cowboys mid-late 70's and early-mid 90's dominance, not players like Bates.

Really that whole season should have an asterisk. It was the strike season, was it not?

And did you and the other 26 other NFL teams have the same 9 game regular season? Did you and the other 14 playoff teams have the same number of games to reach and win the SB? I say this to other fans who say an asterisk needs to go next to it. STFU! Seriously. You can't put an asterisk on it. We weren't on steroids. We played the same number of games as everyone else. So tired of this BS.

How does Bates get on these lists? A career special teamer? A very good one but still....
1. Michael Irvin- Hated his stupid first down stretch and any TD celebration and his pushing off that he got away with.

2. Emmitt Smith- Didn't hate the person, just the player. I liked how he played the game, but I hate how he always killed us.

3. Bill Bates- Short on talent, long on ego.

4. Butch Johnson- Again, short on talent, long on ego. And when he did that stupid guns a blazin bit in the endzone, I felt like breaking his fingers.

5. Harvey Martin- Biggest trash talking, goonie looking peice of human excrement ever. Him throwing the funural wreath in the Redskins locker room was as low as you get.

Hon Mention- Tony Romo sits to pee- Backward hat wearing, goofing grinning butt wipe.

See above.

Archived