Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MJD: "When they want to win, they will"

ceviker

People say we don't have enough talent. I think that's bull. I agree with Fat Albert and MJD - the problem with the team is heart.

Defensively, perhaps. But on offense, we've got one decent WR, a broken-down RB, a backup QB, and a swiss cheese offensive line. The way people overvalue our talent around here never ceases to amaze me.

He's right to a degree. Our team consists of a great defense, a mediocre (but slightly below average, due to injuries) offense, and an average special teams unit.

The problem is our offense isn't playing hard or playing with fire like the defense does, if they did, we could at least have 2-3 more wins under our belt.

Even with all of the injury problems, if the offense played with more intensity and emotion, they'd at least be mediocre and be good enough for the defense to take over games. But until they get that fire, we'll see more of the same. A lot of this can be put on the coach's shoulders.

Defensively, perhaps. But on offense, we've got one decent WR, a broken-down RB, a backup QB, and a swiss cheese offensive line. The way people overvalue our talent around here never ceases to amaze me.

I'm almost sure if our other WR's were on another team, they'd be very productive.

I'm almost sure if our other WR's were on another team, they'd be very productive.

I think Moss would be, and I think ARE would be the same guy elsewhere as he is here.

Devin and Malcolm have done nothing yet to deserve the benefit of the doubt you're giving them. But even if they WERE more productive elsewhere, doesn't that speak to the lack of overall talent we currently have around them in this offense?

This myth of us having a talented team needs to be squashed

This team isn't as talented as we think it is

Agree 100%. If you were building a team and could choose any players off of other teams, there might only be 2 or 3 guys you'd take from the Skins.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/5217/player-perspective-mjd-on-power-rankings

"Washington, 25th, they’re struggling. What Haynesworth said: When they want to win, they will."

People say we don't have enough talent. I think that's bull. I agree with Fat Albert and MJD - the problem with the team is heart.

Really? Who on the offensive side of the ball would you take if you were drafting an expansion team right now?

It's the price we pay for not having a competent GM and an owner who thinks he knows football.

Archived