Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Embarrassed, hurt, disappointed Redskins owner Dan Snyder is all those

Taylor 36

I did a search and did not see this posted, so if it has been, I apologize.

http://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/hamptonroads/today/news/local-sports/article.cox?articleId=D9BOANTG1&moduleType=apNews

Embarrassed, hurt, disappointed _ Redskins owner Dan Snyder is all those and apologetic, too

11-03-2009 05:17 PM EST |By JOSEPH WHITE, AP Sports Writer

CLINTON, Md. (Associated Press) -- Dan Snyder is embarrassed. He feels terrible. He's also hurt, frustrated and apologetic. Name a downbeat adjective, and he's all over it.

The Washington Redskins owner made some rare in-season comments about his team Tuesday, speaking at an event to celebrate the franchise's charitable program to renovate football fields at Maryland high schools. He received nothing but cheers from appreciative students and faculty when introduced, a change of pace from the reception he and his team have heard at FedEx Field during a 2-5 start.

"We feel frustration and are disappointed for our fans," Snyder told the crowd. "Obviously our performance to date is not what we expected, and we hope to turn that around."

Afterward, speaking to a small group of reporters in a parking lot, Snyder elaborated _ although only in general terms. Asked a question that referenced two recent controversies surrounding the team _ the suing of fans who couldn't pay for their premium tickets, and a total ban on fans carrying signs and banners into the stadium _ Snyder addressed neither issue.

Click on link above for the rest.

The problem with the franchise is there is no front office structure. Everyone knows this.

you need a owner who will spend the money. Snyder is that.

A top flight general manger in the mode of a Bethard,Pollen,Bellichick.

A top flight coach in his prime like a Gibbs, Parcells, Walsh, Bellichick, or even lower rung guys like Shannahan and Holgram.

Then you build your squad through the draft and free agents on a a case by case basis.

I'm glad he's stepped up to talk, but I wish he would actually talk instead of playing the PR game. It's obvious you're not being 100% genuine when you just say the same thing over and over.

I get the impression he thinks this will blow over.

:laugh:

I wonder how much he payed or that title, I thought AP was a reputable source?

Sndyer is very slick. Did anyone notice how he used to band to avoid answering about stripping Zorn of his playcalling duties?

The question is how much he payed the band director to come in the area to bail him out?. He probably gave them a gesture. "NOW, NOW, ah yes, you know Election Day is on Tuesday" (band sweep through) "man look at the time, I got to go, see ya"

"I feel bad for the fans. I feel sorry for the fans, and we're very, very appreciative of our loyal fan base."

Really Dan?

Your so sorry and appreciative for us huh that you totally ignore questions as to the treatment you and the organization you own and lead have brought down on those same fans that your "very, very appreciative" of.

Doubtless you are "very, very appreciative" of us.

"Very, very appreciative" of the way we've lined your pockets whilst following the absolute garbage you've overseen and put out through your tenure here, and continue to do so like fools whilst your organization continues to exploit that loyalty to the fullest.

Please, the next time you feel the need to openly apologize, how about you start with treating that loyal fan base with the respect it deserves, and answer the questions put to you instead of continuing to insult our intelligence with the same old shirking rhetoric.

(False) Apologies carry little weight when you talk as flippantly and disrespectfully as in those 2 and a half minutes, ignoring the questions you have no answer for.

Hail.

"I feel bad for the fans. I feel sorry for the fans, and we're very, very appreciative of our loyal fan base."

Really Dan?

Your so sorry and appreciative for us huh that you totally ignore questions as to the treatment you and the organization you own and lead have brought down on those same fans that your "very, very appreciative" of.

Doubtless you are "very, very appreciative" of us.

"Very, very appreciative" of the way we've lined your pockets whilst following the absolute garbage you've overseen and put out through your tenure here, and continue to do so like fools whilst your organization continues to exploit that loyalty to the fullest.

Please, the next time you feel the need to openly apologize, how about you start with treating that loyal fan base with the respect it deserves, and answer the questions put to you instead of continuing to insult our intelligence with the same old shirking rhetoric.

(False) Apologies carry little weight when you talk as flippantly and disrespectfully as in those 2 and a half minutes, ignoring the questions you have no answer for.

Hail.

You say on a message board that is supplied and uncensored by the operators (Washington Redskins) which is by far and away better than any other fan forum provided officially by any other team NFL and who provides the fan base with unprecedented access to the players and the organization ....

The Washington Redskins fans who constantly complain about everything from the price of the beers, which they don't have to drink, to parking and the fact that they cannot occupy 5 spaces for their tailgate to the fact they cannot ruin the game experience for other fans because they cannot chant abusive and profanity laden slogans or hold up abusive signs ...

The message is clear ... the Skins are trying to win . They are doing everything they can ... each year out owner goes out with chequebook open to bring in more talent that a perpetually looser of a franchise has no bussiness attracting, or retaining talent (Not something we have had a lot of to retain but are doing better keeping Cooley, Betts, Samuels...)

Dan Snyder may be an Asss but he is a fan as well . Give him a chance to put things right ..

You say on a message board that is supplied and uncensored by the operators (Washington Redskins) which is by far and away better than any other fan forum provided officially by any other team NFL and who provides the fan base with unprecedented access to the players and the organization ....

The Washington Redskins fans who constantly complain about everything from the price of the beers, which they don't have to drink, to parking and the fact that they cannot occupy 5 spaces for their tailgate to the fact they cannot ruin the game experience for other fans because they cannot chant abusive and profanity laden slogans or hold up abusive signs ...

The message is clear ... the Skins are trying to win . They are doing everything they can ... each year out owner goes out with chequebook open to bring in more talent that a perpetually looser of a franchise has no bussiness attracting, or retaining talent (Not something we have had a lot of to retain but are doing better keeping Cooley, Betts, Samuels...)

Dan Snyder may be an Asss but he is a fan as well . Give him a chance to put things right ..

We aren't talking about the public forum they allow the fans to use uncensored, to their credit.

We're talking about his shirking of any and all questions he has no answer for earlier today, two of which pertained to his organizations continued, dictatorship like treatment of the fans off of here; and his disrespect for those same fans he went out of his way to make known he "cares" so much about in so doing. That hyppocratic double standard is both nauseating and insulting to you, me and every other Redskin fan out there.

And for the record, as recently as the past few days or so on here, I've stood up for the owner in so much as him being a fan and wanting to win as much as the next man. It's just been the asinine, ass backwards way he's gone around it that's been the problem; but that's both for another thread, and doesn't excuse what I criticised him for in the OP.

Hail.

art where are you hiding...do you remember i told you vinny and snyder were stupid to trade champ bailey for portis???????????/ i said they gave up too much value to get portis.....i told YOU the front office structure would not work!!!!!!!!!!

you said i was dead wrong and did not know what i was talking about....that trade showed we know nothing about value.....

art where are you hiding...do you remember i told you vinny and snyder were stupid to trade champ bailey for portis???????????/ i said they gave up too much value to get portis.....i told YOU the front office structure would not work!!!!!!!!!!

you said i was dead wrong and did not know what i was talking about....that trade showed we know nothing about value.....

i want you to publicly apologize to me....lol

Okay. Couple of things:

First, between tickets, parking and concessions, we have one of the most expensive game day experiences in the league. Snyder has abused the legendary goodwill and loyalty of Redskin fans since he got here, pulling every move he can think of to bleed us dry. (I could give examples, but the list is long, and we're familiar with most.) In exchange for the gouging, he provides us with a pretty miserable game day experience. Ask yourself this: when you're in FedEx, do you feel "very, very appreciated"?

(Incidentally, many NFL teams know how to properly deal with tailgaters. A phone call to, say, Baltimore would do wonders for the Redskins FO. Also, security could always take abusive signs. The uproar is because now they're taking all of them, including the positive ones.)

Second, Snyder often gets credit for being willing to spend money on players. If he knew how to do it properly, I'd be praising him, too. But instead, he vastly overpays for has-beens and never-weres, putting us in perpetual cap-hell, making retaining core Redskins difficult, and, oh by the way, passing the cost of it all off to us in the form of tickets, parking and concessions.

Finally, about giving him a chance... He's owned the team for a decade. He's had ten years of chances to right this ship, and he still isn't even close. My patience with Dan Snyder was exhausted long ago.

Okay. Couple of things:

First, between tickets, parking and concessions, we have one of the most expensive game day experiences in the league. Snyder has abused the legendary goodwill and loyalty of Redskin fans since he got here, pulling every move he can think of to bleed us dry. (I could give examples, but the list is long, and we're familiar with most.) In exchange for the gouging, he provides us with a pretty miserable game day experience. Ask yourself this: when you're in FedEx, do you feel "very, very appreciated"?

(Incidentally, many NFL teams know how to properly deal with tailgaters. A phone call to, say, Baltimore would do wonders for the Redskins FO. Also, security could always take abusive signs. The uproar is because now they're taking all of them, including the positive ones.)

Second, Snyder often gets credit for being willing to spend money on players. If he knew how to do it properly, I'd be praising him, too. But instead, he vastly overpays for has-beens and never-weres, putting us in perpetual cap-hell, making retaining core Redskins difficult, and, oh by the way, passing the cost of it all off to us in the form of tickets, parking and concessions.

Finally, about giving him a chance... He's owned the team for a decade. He's had ten years of chances to right this ship, and he still isn't even close. My patience with Dan Snyder was exhausted long ago.

I couldnt agree with you more.

My only argument is when you talk about "cap hell". That is something that ESPN and the likes label us in. However, Snyder has continously been able to keep and acquire any player that his little puppet vinny thinks is good for the team. He very rarely gets it right, but hopefully after this season that will change. The one thing the Redskins are criticised for every season is their salary cap position. Yet every year they are able to rise above the scrutiny and pay who they want.

Like you my patience is exhausted too. I hope Dan continues with the open check book policy but completely overhauls his front office staff with competent people.

Archived