Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Worse Thing That Could've Happened This Year - Colt Brennan on IR

ceviker

Funny how not knowing provides the Colt-bashers with the knowledge he sucks.

Read it again. I said it gives them false hope.

I wonder where we'd be if Colt had gotten all the reps, attention, and experience Campbell has....

Apparently he never impressed the coaches enough to warrant such attention. Having to take a full year to correct mechanics and foot work will tend to obscure your presence when talent is being evaluated for starting positions.

Funny how not knowing provides the Colt-bashers with the knowledge he sucks.

I wonder where we'd be if Colt had gotten all the reps, attention, and experience Campbell has....

great quote. I have to say that if you just looked at numbers, Jason Campbell doesn't look that bad. On the other hand if you have watched all of the games you would see that he clearly doesn't have what it takes to excel at the pro level.Is Colt Brennan the answer? Who knows. Jay Schroeder wasn't pretty either, but the guy won games. My opinion would be to keep Brennan next year, draft a young guy and use all of the receivers we have and run a spread offense for him. He would probably make mistakes, but he would also probably score points.

Apparently he never impressed the coaches enough to warrant such attention. Having to take a full year to correct mechanics and foot work will tend to obscure your presence when talent is being evaluated for starting positions.

Jason Campbells footwork and mechanics are sound and he couldn't hit Shaq with a forty yard pass.

LOL our coaches were to busy working with Jason to even to try to develop Colt or Davis Kelly Marco or Thomas :doh:

Worst thing that could happen would be for us to turn it around. Then we're stuck in purgatory for even longer.

Yeah, I hate to say it but we all have to take it in the gut hard this year so the redskins get things straight or it will just be the same mess.

This will possibly be the worst 9 games to watch as a fan.

Didn't Brennan throw 3 ints in 3 straight games in 3 straight quarters played in PRESEASON? Or do I have those stats wrong

That's exactly the point of the mess we are in. The only defense Campbell has now is to destroy all other teammates.

I mean come on. People are clamoring for Anybody But Campbell. It is as simple as the ABC's.

Personally, I would like to see a full blown competition for the starting QB position.

I know that if we don't sign Campbell, he'll be an unrestricted free agent, and we'll get nothing for the # 1, # 3 and # 4 draft picks we gave up for him. So, we should offer him the league minimum. He might take it.

Am I the only one that remembers how god awful Colt was in the pre-season this year? You guys do realize that Daniels pushed for his job and there was discussion of cutting Colt right?

As i've said before, if Tom Brady had not been a 6th RD draft pick and had the success he's had, the Cult of Colt would not exist.

That's exactly the point of the mess we are in. The only defense Campbell has now is to destroy all other teammates.

I mean come on. People are clamoring for Anybody But Campbell. It is as simple as the ABC's.

Personally, I would like to see a full blown competition for the starting QB position.

I know that if we don't sign Campbell, he'll be an unrestricted free agent, and we'll get nothing for the # 1, # 3 and # 4 draft picks we gave up for him. So, we should offer him the league minimum. He might take it.

....... You start off with the "Only defense of Campbell" sir.. The only defense of Colt is to bash Campbell. They both are not NFL qbs. They were drafted by the Redskins front office.

Didn't Brennan throw 3 ints in 3 straight games in 3 straight quarters played in PRESEASON? Or do I have those stats wrong

Its was because our receivers or to small. Plus our O line sucks. Colt has been in so many systems. :evilg:

The truth is Colt only gets maybe 10 reps in each practice. He needs real reps in practice with the first string before we know if he can do it. Cooley says he can. I believe him. If he does get a fair chance and turns into another JC . I won't make excuses for him. I would say ship him back to the islands.

The same thing Jason Campbell -- Nothing!

You endorsed Urban Meyer and Pete Carrol to be the next head coach of the Redskins in another thread, stating you wanted an offensive mind, nevermind the fact that Pete Carrol is a defensive guy.

And now I see you are on the Cult bandwagon.

You're building quite the college football team, probably a 2-14 NFL team, but one heck of a college football team.

The point of the thread isn't whether Colt is good or not. Nobody will know that definitively until he plays. The point of the thread is that this crapfest of a season would have been the perfect opportunity to find out just that. The team is rapidly approaching the point of nothing to play for, which would have been a great opportunity to throw Colt into the deep end to see if he can swim.

The point of the thread isn't whether Colt is good or not. Nobody will know that definitively until he plays. The point of the thread is that this crapfest of a season would have been the perfect opportunity to find out just that. The team is rapidly approaching the point of nothing to play for, which would have been a great opportunity to throw Colt into the deep end to see if he can swim.

I can see and appreciate your point, but throw me in the group that wonders why its so important to see if our 6th rd QB pick can play or not.

Was this guy really drafted to compete for a starting job? I more or less think we took a flyer on him in the 6th rd, like most 6th and 7th rd draft picks are.

He had a good pre-season against 3rd stringers his rookie season and look pretty awful this year against 1st and 2nd teams.

I admit it would be interesting to see him play, because i've lost all hope in Campbell, but I really don't think we're missing out on anything.

If he didn't play for the Redskins and we didn't have 2 really bad QBs on the active roster right now, none of us would be talking about Colt as the next great thing. He's popular because we are bad and as I said earlier, the most popular guy in an NFL city, when the team is bad, is the back up QB, in this case it skips Collins, and filters down to Colt.

Worst thing that could happen would be for us to turn it around. Then we're stuck in purgatory for even longer.

Amen to that. The silver lining is that we're going to have a top 5 pick most likely. I'd hate to see us eek out an 8-8 or 9-7 record and fall into the middle of the pack again and just delay the inevitable.

The next worse thing is to see what JZ has turned JC into. With Zorns great training he has managed to turn JC into a Highbred QB, Part Byron Leftwich part Jamarcus Russell LOL. The farther JC gets from JZ the better chance he has somewhere else. Colt was fortunate in this situation to be away from all this Cluster. Cause right now our offense looks like figure skaters playing a hockey game!!:hysterical:

Archived